• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vegan Recipe Ideas for a Dairy-Free Dinner Party

In summary, the two friends who invited Annastasia to their house are vegan, and they have many vegan substitutes for cheese. They suggest recipes that use vegan cheese, and mention that the best substitute is Daiya. They also mention that there may be a way to make the dish without a microwave, and that appetizers may be a good idea.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have 2 upcoming host that are friends w/ each other and both have told me they are vegan. So...not just no meat, but no dairy at all. They said that they have lots of substitute cheeses and such that we could use if we had to, but I'm not familiar with them and if they work the same (texture, consistency-wise or if they melt the same way, etc.)

At first, I thought maybe the Creamy One Pot Pasta with their substitute for cream cheese, but wasn't sure of that working okay. And that recipe isn't really my favorite to demo.

Anyone have experience with this and know of some good recipes to try?

Annastasia is a vegan. I'll e-mail her & ask her to come give you some suggestions. ;)

In my experience, mexican recipes are easiest to make substitutes on. My all time favorite vegan dish is the Southwestern Salsa, no substitutions needed! Though since it is salsa, you need something else to make too. I make the Chicken fajitas and chili cornbread bake with the following substitutions.Chicken Fajitas
Use "Chik'n" strips (vegan, usually found in frozen section)
Vegan sour cream (made by Tofutti)
Vegan Cheese (there are TONS to choose from, the one with heart in the name melts best from what I am told. We don't have vegan cheese here)(I like this recipe because you can use the apple wedger with the onion and people LOVE it, I always sell them when I show this)Chili Cornbread bake
Replace ground beef with meat crumbles (vegan) or TVP
Vegan sour cream (tofutti brand)
Vegan cheese (personal choice)Hope these help!

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. :)

Hi Amanda

I did a veganized recipe for the 'Chipotle Ck*n Cornbread Cups' It was sooo delicious! Everyone loved them

1 c. grated vegan cheddar cheese
1 c. cornmeal
1 tbsp. sugar
1 1/4 c. Tofutti sour cream
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp Chipotle Rub (PC item)
1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 c. finely diced cooked ck*n (Morning Star Meal Starters Chik'n Strips)

1. Preheat *350. Combine cheez, cornmeal, sugar, 1 c. sour cream, flour and 1 tbsp. of the rub to form a thick batter.

2. Spray mini-muffin pan with nonstick spray. Divide batter evenly among the cups, and bake 15 minutes until golden brown.

3. Saute bell pepper. Add ck*n and remaining rub and heat through. Combine ck*n mixture, green onions, 1/4 c. sour cream in a small bowl.

4. Remove muffins from oven and quickly press tops to form cups. Cool. Divide ck*n mixture evenly among cups. Top with additional sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro if desired.

:-D

thanks for the tips... I got a home office lead today, I called her she just moved to the area and wants to do a party.. At the end of our conversation, she mentioned the recipe would have to be vegan...

Someone also suggested the Penne al Fresco recipe with zucchini instead of the chicken, so I included that in the suggestions to my host along with these you all mentioned. I just heard back from her:That Penne al Fresco looks really good! And substituting with zucchini sounds even better. I can get gluten-free pasta, and I'll double check on all the ingredients that XXXXX(one of the guests) can have them. Also, XXXXX (another guest) has been starting to eat real cheese, so she is fine with using regular Parmesan cheese. My only concern is that I do not have a microwave. Is there a way to make it without a microwave, and instead use a saucepan? If not, I can see about getting one. But otherwise sounds great!
Should I also get some appetizers for the guests while the dinner is cooking? I'm not sure what people usually do.Thanks again for your help with this!
Do you think I should do this on the stove in the 12 in skillet or have her grab a microwave from someone (or I can bring one)? I don't have experience w/ gluten free pasta, so I don't know if it cooks the same. This sure is an interesting situation for me needing things to be Vegan and Gluten free!What are some good gluten free side items/appetizers? I originally was thinking we could do Garlic Biscuit Bites or bread w/ the dipping oils, but that's not good for a gluten free guest.

babywings76 said:
Someone also suggested the Penne al Fresco recipe with zucchini instead of the chicken, so I included that in the suggestions to my host along with these you all mentioned. I just heard back from her:

That Penne al Fresco looks really good! And substituting with zucchini sounds even better. I can get gluten-free pasta, and I'll double check on all the ingredients that XXXXX(one of the guests) can have them. Also, XXXXX (another guest) has been starting to eat real cheese, so she is fine with using regular Parmesan cheese. My only concern is that I do not have a microwave. Is there a way to make it without a microwave, and instead use a saucepan? If not, I can see about getting one.

But otherwise sounds great!
Should I also get some appetizers for the guests while the dinner is cooking? I'm not sure what people usually do.

Thanks again for your help with this!

Do you think I should do this on the stove in the 12 in skillet or have her grab a microwave from someone (or I can bring one)? I don't have experience w/ gluten free pasta, so I don't know if it cooks the same. This sure is an interesting situation for me needing things to be Vegan and Gluten free!

What are some good gluten free side items/appetizers? I originally was thinking we could do Garlic Biscuit Bites or bread w/ the dipping oils, but that's not good for a gluten free guest.

It really depends on what kind of GF pasta she has. I have found the Tinkyada Rice Pasta brand to be the best, and the most like wheat pasta, followed by Ancient Traditions Quinoa Pasta. I think that this demo recipe is really similar to the One Pot Pasta recipe, so I don't know why you couldn't do it in the 12" skillet. I've never done GF pasta in the microwave, so I don't know how it would act.

It sounds like it doesn't need to be Vegan any more, if she is saying that you can use the Parmesan Cheese now.

Oh - and salsa and tortilla chips would be a great vegan & GF side dish!

I'm getting nervous to do the Penne al Fresco for this show. In a skillet and with a form of pasta I haven't worked with yet just makes me nervous. I'm going to be talking to the host today, and I'm just wondering if there's a better recipe I should go with. Or maybe we should do a dessert? Two weeks after this party, the Vegan (sort of) guest is actually hosting a party with me as well. I'm thinking of doing a salsa in the MFP and chips at her party, so for this one I don't think I will. I can demo the pineapple wedger though. Is there a way to still do the dipping oil seasonings w/ a gluten free bread? Is that something you think could work? I just wonder if it's something reasonable for my host to be able to find? Or crackers--because I can ask the host if the one girl would eat cream cheese and do the sauce over that. I can discuss these appetizer options with the host, but I guess I'm just wondering about the main recipe. Any additional ideas/help would be wonderful! :blushing: :)

A recipe that would work well for the GF show is the Red, White and Green Lasagna from the F/W SB. It's GF without any changes and really tasty. If you are buying the ingredients, make sure the sausage is gluten free--sometimes it has additives. I'd also recommend getting one of the flavored polentas instead of plain. The plain is REALLY plain! A bit of fresh chopped basil sprinkled over individual servings also boosts flavor.One of my favorite vegan recipes (I was vegan for 5 years) would work great in the DCB too. It's a Mexican Cornbread Bake. I've never really used a recipe because it's so easy. You chop up garlic, onion, zucchini, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Carrots are great too, just use the julienne peeler on them or they'll still be raw. Add in a package or two of vegetarian chorizo (a Mexican sausage in refrigerated section) and a small can of red enchilada sauce. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of cocoa powder and some chipotle flavored Tabasco. Put this all in the DCB and spread on cornbread batter (I put one of my fav vegan recipes below). Bake at 350 until cornbread is done and serve with vegan sour cream and/or cheeze. It's yummy!2 cups cornmeal
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 cups soymilk
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon saltDirections:preheat oven to 350, line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper or spray the bottom lightly with non-stick cooking spray.In a medium bowl, wisk together the soymilk and the vinegar and set aside.In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt).
Add the oil and maple syrup to the soymilk mixture. Wisk with a wire wisk or a fork until it is foamy and bubbly, about 2 minutes.Pour the wet ingredient into the dry and mix together using a large wooden spoon or a firm spatula. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Slice into squares and serve warm or store in an airtight container.

Hi Amanda, my sister is vegan, but she lives far away....There are some great ideas in this thread.....(does it need to be gluten-free AND vegan?)I thought about the cool and crunchy XXXXXX taco salad with grilled tofu or some vegan chicken substitute for the chicken. You can buy it seasoned and grilled, just heat it thru, maybe slice into strips.I recommend if you are using any sort of cheese substitute you test it first! actually, any of these ideas...I find if I don't tell my carnivore that a meal is vegan or vegetarian, she loves it. I don't pretend there is meat in it, I just don't categorize it.Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Thanks Marghi! :) I spoke with the host earlier today and we decided to make the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Tacos as a Taco Salad w/ Black Beans instead of the chicken. We will also use the pineapple wedger to do pineapple along w/ some fresh strawberries. She's also going to have a GF bread there and possibly some regular bakery bread so we can do the bread w/ dipping oils. She's really excited about it and feels more comfortable with it--me too! ;)

This is an awesome thread. Hoping more folks have ideas to contribute. My husband and I are newly vegan, and so I'm trying to demo as many vegan recipes as we can... Thanks!

What are some vegan recipe ideas for beginners?

Some easy and delicious vegan recipes for beginners include avocado toast, vegetable stir fry, lentil soup, black bean tacos, and quinoa salad.

How can I make vegan versions of my favorite dishes?

There are many ways to make vegan versions of your favorite dishes. For example, you can substitute dairy milk with almond or coconut milk, use tofu or tempeh instead of meat, and replace eggs with flaxseed or chia seed eggs.

Are there any vegan substitutes for dairy products?

Yes, there are plenty of vegan substitutes for dairy products. Some popular options include almond, coconut, or cashew milk, vegan cheese, and coconut yogurt.

What are some creative vegan dessert ideas?

You can make delicious vegan desserts using ingredients like bananas, dates, avocado, and coconut milk. Some examples include vegan chocolate mousse, banana nice cream, and avocado chocolate pudding.

Can I still get enough protein on a vegan diet?

Yes, it is possible to get enough protein on a vegan diet. Some good sources of vegan protein include tofu, tempeh, lentils, beans, quinoa, and nuts and seeds. It's important to eat a variety of plant-based foods to ensure you are getting all the essential amino acids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • PamperedK