• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Revive My Inactive Business in a Small Town?

In summary, if you are considering getting out of the business, you should first think of who your target market is and where they live. You should also start distributing business cards, catalogues, and flyers to as many places as possible.
daviscookin
I have been pretty lax in my business since moving and recently got notified that I am about to go inactive. I have contemplated getting out of the business but really want to give it a true shot. Does anyone have any advice on how to get my name out there and get some shows booked? I live in a small town with mostly elderly (don't cook) people and should probably look into surrounding towns. Did try a town fair but it had little attendence and I didn't get the bookings I wanted or any for that matter. Any advice out there?

Last edited:
Try whatever worksThis may sound terrible, but sit down with a pad and paper, and think of who would attend if you were planning a wedding or a funeral. Most people think "Oh, I don't know enough people to contact" or feel overwhelmed with their list of 100. But, if you put it into the "life event" context, you'd be shocked to see how many family, friends, and acquaintances you have --- and EVERY ONE OF THEM is a potential customer. :) Moreover, if you talk to any one of them, and they aren't currently interested in hosting or ordering at this time, offer them some kind of incentive for ANY and ALL referrals ! Cause they all have wedding/funeral lists too ! ;)

After you're done with that, turn to a new page in that pad of paper, and think of all of the places you have patronized in the past week - or if you haven't been out much, go as far as the past month. THESE places should be all of the places that you are leaving catalogs, business cards, and flyers ! Include health care providers, day cares, grocery stores, dry cleaners, restaurants, ANYPLACE with a waiting room... there are PLENTY of places !

Just don't give up - business is out there, but you have to look for it, it won't just fall into your lap. You truly do reap what you sow, but with the Pampered Chef, that is a WIN/WIN EVERY TIME ! 'Cause being a PC consultant ROCKS ! :D

Don't give up the boat!Dear Moved & Miserable!,
I've been there, done that! Too many times to count. But, most recently I moved to an area where there are lots of younger families ("great stuff, but too expensive... don't cook much... just starting out"...etc.) plus a couple of well established consultants. As I found out quickly, loyalty runs deep in this area, and I was feeling 'the tresspasser'. Needless to say, it was 3 months before I booked a local show... and that was because a neighbor actually felt sorry for me. Needless to say, I didn't turn the pity party down. In fact, I worked it as well as I could. Met many of the neighbors, and received several "I'd love to book a show, but after the summer's over" leads. I won't lie and tell you that I wasn't disappointed, I was. I had expected the standard 1 - 3 bookings/show that I'd had prior to moving. But, when the dust settled & I could see clearly again, I realized that I was sowing the seeds for the next season of products. I continued working my business in my old neighborhoods (each over 1 1/2 hours away), catalogue shows nation-wide (thanks to referrals), and every time I'd go to thebank, grocery store, school functions, etc, I always handed out my business card (if not a catalogue too). I'd introduce myself & hand out a card. "Oh, you do pampered chef?" was the immediate response... It has led to dozens of conversations and future contacts. Then, 6 months after I moved, one of those contacts broke a stone. An old one that needed replacing. She was going to 'add it to a show', but when I asked her if she wouldn't rather get it for free, she said "Absolutely!" She booked a show. Not only did I replace that show with a booking, but booked a total of 3 from that one local show. Needless to say, it's been hard, but definitely do-able!
The bottom line is don't give up the boat! You can do it, it just takes a bit of creativity. Know that you'll reap what you sow now, it takes about 90 days for it to start.
As far as older folks in the community, I've sold lots and lots of tools that are great for people with arthritis/tendonitis... the jar opener, can opener, ice cream scooper, generations II (professional is a bit heavy for the elderly), even the i-slice are popular. I myelsf have bilateral CTS and find these tools fabulous.... they end up selling themselves.
Another final piece of advice is: find yourself a Hospitality Director. It's a lot easier to go through these changes if you have the support of others.
Good luck and know that you're not alone.
Isabel Hershey
IKC & Future Director

Hi this is my 3rd time around, each time I get frustrated (life circumstances...)I seem to go into shut down mode- not really doing what I know is really necessary. The past week I have been "Starting over" Using the fall specials (found on this website) shrink to fit postcard size. I have mailed out over 40 so far. NOW I must follow-up with them. In my not wanting to be a "Pampered Pest" I neglected to do that before. In my calling I've been told "Oh I didn't know we had a consultant here" :rolleyes:. I have been here 3 years trying to get my business going :p Also with the e-mail addresses I have I sent out a Christmas in July e-mail. And another (mary kay cons.) forwarded it to her contacts and Praise the LORD I got a catalog show lead. I have also made flyers to hang out all over to let them know they have a consultant in thier neighborhood(found also here). Hint use a post it note flag(?) with your return address label with info on it so they can take it with them on the bottom of flyer. Keep talking to everyone- you'll catch on. Sometimes it takes awhile.

catalog toteHey everyone, I remember several people wanting to purchase the tote bag with the clear catalog pocket on the front. I was going over the Fall paperwork order form and we can now order it. It costs $15.00. The item number is 9612.

Shawnna

Wow!! Thanks. I really wanted one of those and I have been checking ebay quit often to try and catch one.
Laura

Want to thank pcchefsharron, gourmetizzy & cheftld for your responses :) all very helpful and inspiring. I just got the new fall kit today and showed my husband all of the new products... and his response was to ask how I was going to sell it. You gave me a lot of great ideas & inspiration. I'm going to give it an honest try this time around and get out there! Also have to check out all of the great materials from this site. Thanks to all!

Been thereYou're WELCOME !! :)
I've been there, frustrated, wondering how to make it happen, but then I realize that I have all the tools I need, an amazing company to represent, a LOVE for the products, and now, all the resources and inspiration I can handle on this website !!
Keep us posted on your progress - and tell EVERYONE you see about what you do ! :D

What are the steps to start my Pampered Chef business over?

To start your Pampered Chef business over, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Cancel your current business agreement by contacting the Pampered Chef consultant support team.
  2. Wait for your current business agreement to fully terminate, which can take up to 30 days.
  3. Re-enroll as a new consultant by filling out the online enrollment form and paying the enrollment fee.
  4. Choose a new mentor and sponsor, if desired.
  5. Attend training and meetings to get familiar with the new business and products.

Can I transfer my current business to someone else and start over as a new consultant?

Yes, you can transfer your current business to someone else and start over as a new consultant. However, this process can only be done once and requires the approval of both parties involved. You will also need to cancel your current business agreement and have the new consultant enroll as a new consultant.

Will I lose my current sales and team members if I start my business over?

Yes, starting your business over means that you will lose your current sales and team members. Your previous sales and team members will remain under your old business agreement and you will start fresh with a new business agreement. However, you can transfer your current team members to your new business agreement if they choose to join you.

Do I need to purchase a new starter kit if I start my business over?

Yes, you will need to purchase a new starter kit if you start your business over. The starter kit contains essential business and product materials that will help you get started with your new business. However, if you have a previous starter kit, you can use it as a reference and only purchase additional materials if needed.

How long do I have to wait before I can start my business over?

You will need to wait for your current business agreement to fully terminate before you can start your business over. This process can take up to 30 days. It is important to cancel your current business agreement before enrolling as a new consultant to avoid any conflicts or issues with your new business agreement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • jordanleigh1743
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg