• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need to Show You Guys Something

Who is Tom?

Should we open up a whole new can??? LOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry... :p

Pampered Laura said:
Thats rude to not include the next sentence in "bold" letters. My point was that sometimes no matter what company someone is with, the business is not right for some folks.
Even the sentences I said BEFORE the bolded statement, said that I had NO problems getting bookings and recruits in Pampered Chef.

Take the whole post in context as a whole. I can make up anything by just selecting a few words from what you post.... but it doesnt mean thats what you were saying. Good grief. Stop trying to nail me to the wall on this message board and in PM's folks!
It would be rude if I had not included the WHOLE post that you made. I bolded the point that I was trying to make. You have promoted your "new adventure " on here ever since you signed on with it. Like I said before, you've done it ever so subtly that many don't see it. I am not trying to nail you to the wall. You're doing that yourself

rennea said:
Notice to all inactive consultants, those who are taking a "break", or have never signed on the dotted line and of course those who still have cheffer friends here [ we don't want your kind here....p@ss off...]

Sounds real nice doesn't it folks!!! VERY VERY Rude!!

Can we just grow up. I find this heartbreaking, I thought this was a community of caring friendly people.:( Hhhmmmm....

There ya go!! makes sense.

This is just the "SITE FULL 'O' LOVE" isn't it??

Well.... like I said, I guess we are all real people with different personalities.... wouldn't it be boring if we all just agreed all the time?

I LOVE YOU ALL MAAAAAANNNNNN.................:love:

Serously... who is Tom?

OMG... somebody help me I can't stop posting!!! LOLOLOL.

rennea said:
Notice to all inactive consultants, those who are taking a "break", or have never signed on the dotted line and of course those who still have cheffer friends here [ we don't want your kind here....p@ss off...]

Can we just grow up. I find this heartbreaking, I thought this was a community of caring friendly people.:( Hhhmmmm....
This is not what is being discussed here. It is unethical to come on this Pampered Chef board and prospect. Truly, if you read through other posts, it's there, again ever so subtly, but there none the less. I just wonder how many former PC consultants that Laura has in her new downline? How many from here on this board?????

Veevahchef said:
Serously... who is Tom?
Now don't bite my head off for being on this thread. I'm just answering a question.

Tom was a very successful director with PC who resigned his directorship after conference last year to join his partner in the business he recruited Laura to. He also was terminated from being a consultant because he was recruiting to that business at the Pampered Chef National Conference.

rennea said:

OMG! Is all I have to say! How very Rude! Sad too, that inactive, or old cheffer frenz on here would see this message! PC consultant or not I feel they are still welcome!:(

BethCooks4U said:
Now don't bite my head off for being on this thread. I'm just answering a question.

Tom was a very successful director with PC who resigned his directorship after conference last year to join his partner in the business he recruited Laura to. He also was terminated from being a consultant because he was recruiting to that business at the Pampered Chef National Conference.

OH WOW!
That is pretty nervy!! Holy cow, now THAT is so wrong.
:eek:

:confused: :confused: wow. when i joined this group i thought there was a group of good people to share with, laugh, get advice, give advice... and you know... even if there is drama with laura, sheesh... now there are alot of cheffers i feel differently about... be careful with your posting, by attacking someone's character you are actually tarnishing your own character and integrity, and I for one feel differently towards some of the negative posters on this thread. There is no need to "air" dirty laundry to the whole chefsuccess group, even if it is true. I feel embarrassed for each of you because of what you have done to your reputation by bashing laura... whether she's a saint or not. :confused: :confused: :confused: I think everyone really needs to do a heart check and realize that we are all REAL PEOPLE here, and lets get the focus back to what chefsuccess was designed for... :chef:

bsaxman said:
:confused: :confused: wow. when i joined this group i thought there was a group of good people to share with, laugh, get advice, give advice... and you know... even if there is drama with laura, sheesh... now there are alot of cheffers i feel differently about... be careful with your posting, by attacking someone's character you are actually tarnishing your own character and integrity, and I for one feel differently towards some of the negative posters on this thread. There is no need to "air" dirty laundry to the whole chefsuccess group, even if it is true. I feel embarrassed for each of you because of what you have done to your reputation by bashing laura... whether she's a saint or not. :confused: :confused: :confused: I think everyone really needs to do a heart check and realize that we are all REAL PEOPLE here, and lets get the focus back to what chefsuccess was designed for... :chef:
Where is the love..... :sing:

Veevahchef said:
Where is the love..... :sing:

You've lost that loving feeling
Oh, that loving feeling
Now it's gone, gone, gone
Whoa-oh

Now there's no tenderness
In your eyes when I reach for you
And girl you're starting to criticize
little things I do
It makes me just feel like crying baby
'Cause baby, something beautiful's dying

Oh that loving feeling
Bring back that loving feeling
Now it's gone gone gone
And I can't go on
No-oh-oh

Baby baby I get down on my knees for you
If you would only love me like you used to do
We had a love
A love a love you don't find every day
So don't...don't...don't let it slip away

Oh, that loving feeling
Now it's gone...gone...gone...
And I can't go on...
No-oh-oh...

Notice how all of the "Fly on the wall" types (Including myself) are coming out here? It is pretty shocking .... this whole nasty buncha business going on here. But definately very hard to ignore!!
lets talk nice now... K?

BethCooks4U said:

Again - nope. Tom resigned his directorship in May. Before National conference. He was terminated on the same day I was - after my upline threw a fit.
According to Marla (the CEO of PC) we were terminated because they were "executing the right to terminate a consultant's agreement for any reason. They executed that right."

Tom has been blamed for doing a lot of things, none of which are true.
Some from this board say he was terminated because his sister was caught selling on Ebay. Tom doesn't even have a sister.

Some say that Tom was standing on a bus at conference giving some sort of "I have a dream" speech about why to leave PC for this other company. LOL. It's upsurd how stories get twisted.

Remember when you were a kid, and you'd play the "tell a secret" game? One person starts by whispering something to the person next in line. Then that person tries to whisper it to the next, and then the next person whispers to the next, and so on. By the time the "whispered secret" gets around the circle, it's so twisted and elaborated that there is no resemblance of the original.

Many times at National conference he was asked to give more information and he flat out said "NO THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT". Were you there at Conference watching him "recruit" people, Beth? I was there when an executive director asked him what was up, and to tell her where he went, and he told her no...

If you weren't there, and don't know first hand, then you have NO right to slander other people's name.

Last edited by a moderator:
bsaxman said:
Oh, that loving feeling
Now it's gone, gone, gone
Whoa-oh

Now there's no tenderness
In your eyes when I reach for you
And girl you're starting to criticize
little things I do
It makes me just feel like crying baby
'Cause baby, something beautiful's dying

Oh that loving feeling
Now it's gone gone gone
And I can't go on
No-oh-oh

Baby baby I get down on my knees for you
If you would only love me like you used to do
We had a love
A love a love you don't find every day
So don't...don't...don't let it slip away

Oh, that loving feeling
Now it's gone...gone...gone...
And I can't go on...
No-oh-oh...

AAAAAHHHH HA HA HA HAAAAAA TOOOO FUNNY!!

Oh Ya???

And there's a rose
in a fisted glove
and the eagle flies
with the dove
and if you can't be
with the one you love
love the one your with

Can we just end this crap everyone? Just end it.

Yes please end it. Because It's pathetic to imagine how many of us nosey people are on the main page hitting refresh waiting to see if anyone else is going to comment next...

Is it ok if we keep singing?:sing:

Veevahchef said:
I didn't see anyone bashing PC... did anyone else? Now we are REALLY reading into things.
Wow... this is getting hot.... It will happen to all of us at some point.
We will pass on some info that we thought was really neat or helpful, not realizing what it may look like, or what we have actually gotten ourselves into.
And it will all be mis-understood or someone will point something out that just "doesn't look right" about it and then the shoe will be on the other foot we will know how this must feel for the person who is really taking the bashing... probably just for sharing something ...... something very similar to "Hey, I found this great restaraunt and if you tell them i sent you, I will get 10% off my next meal there!"

I can see if this happens over and over with the same person, then it is pretty obvious what is going on. But for goodness sake... cut the girl some slack! If you look into this card thing and it looks like what you are all saying it is, then just don't do it! And PM Laura and tell her what you think it is and ask her personally.

I don't know you Laura, but i see that others here do and stand by the fact that you were just passing on something you thought was a great tool to help us. And I am very sorry that you have been getting raked over the coals ever since. Maybe you should just let it go now and hopefully everyone who is so completely insulted and bent out of shape by your offer will let it go to.

I think it is sometimes hard to remember that everyone here is only another person just like us who makes mistakes. I would like to see if everyone here would have the nerve to say some of these things if they were face to face with a real person instead of face to screen with their computer. People aren't as harsh when face to face.
I wasn't saying that with hate or anger towards Laura. I was just pointing out that on a board for PC consultants there are some things she should just keep to herself. I wasn't trying to be harsh!

Ok.... I say we all just sing until it goes away.....:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Pampered Laura said:
Again - nope. Tom resigned his directorship in May. Before National conference. He was terminated on the same day I was - after my upline threw a fit.
According to Marla (the CEO of PC) we were terminated because they were "executing the right to terminate a consultant's agreement for any reason. They executed that right."

Tom has been blamed for doing a lot of things, none of which are true.
Some from this board say he was terminated because his sister was caught selling on Ebay. Tom doesn't even have a sister.

Some say that Tom was standing on a bus at conference giving some sort of "I have a dream" speech about why to leave PC for this other company. LOL. It's upsurd how stories get twisted.

Remember when you were a kid, and you'd play the "tell a secret" game? One person starts by whispering something to the person next in line. Then that person tries to whisper it to the next, and then the next person whispers to the next, and so on. By the time the "whispered secret" gets around the circle, it's so twisted and elaborated that there is no resemblance of the original.

Many times at National conference he was asked to give more information and he flat out said "NO THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT". Were you there at Conference watching him "recruit" people, Beth? I was there when an executive director asked him what was up, and to tell her where he went, and he told her no...

If you weren't there, and don't know first hand, then you have NO right to slander other people's name.
My story may not be 100% but he WAS terminated from being a consultant after National Conference and that is not done for minor infractions.

My point in posting here is to warn everyone to beware. This is a forum for Pampered Chef consultants and when someone is bashing PC, however subtly, or encouraging you to check out another opportunity we need to think long and hard about motives. You even tried to recruit me when you first started telling us about the business.

We do not know each other as well as we think we do. I am nice. I'm sure a lot of people agree that Laura is nice.

Please let this thread die. It is doing no one any good.

Veevahchef said:
Ok.... I say we all just sing until it goes away.....:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Don't worry, it won't be long before Greg comes in and shuts it down. It seems like a weekly occurance around here lately... sad really...

chefmeg said:
see Laura, this is the thing I wonder...as a Director myself, I know that I can resign my Directorship at anytime, for whatever reasons. However, my understanding was that after you resigned your Directorship, you were terminated as a consultant. That is where I have problems with you acting blameless....PC does not just willy-nilly terminate people..as a matter of fdact, I have only heard of it twice in my almost 8 years...you & Tom.
Actually you're misinformed. You can resign your directorship by submitting a letter to the home office, yes. However, if you'd like to remain an active consultant, you need to include in the letter to KEEP your active status as such. (which I did). It's in the Director handbook I believe.

I am glad you don't know many that were terminated. I personally know 3 in my upline's team specifically that were terminated, and Tom. I am sure there are more. I was told that I was terminated because "they could" and after digging, found out that my upline threw a fit and the home office had already gotten wind of other upper level directors leaving PC - or signing their husbands up for another business, too. I'm talking folks who are in catalogs, and names well known. No, it was not "willy nilly". The corporation saw a need to terminate us because apparently it was a threat and I (along with Tom and the others) was made to be a statement to other directors. On my phone call with Marla and Jean, they informed me that I did nothing wrong - it was just a business decision on their part.

However, one of my friends resigned her directorship with PC, but wanted to remain an active consultant. She resigned her team to let go of the responsibility so that she could get a full time job with her old company, but she was still terminated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was done with! Please stop.

BethCooks4U said:
My story may not be 100% but he WAS terminated from being a consultant after National Conference and that is not done for minor infractions.

My point in posting here is to warn everyone to beware. This is a forum for Pampered Chef consultants and when someone is bashing PC, however subtly, or encouraging you to check out another opportunity we need to think long and hard about motives. You even tried to recruit me when you first started telling us about the business.

We do not know each other as well as we think we do. I am nice. I'm sure a lot of people agree that Laura is nice.

Please let this thread die. It is doing no one any good.
You're right. Your story is NOT 100%. You weren't there. Some folks hear something and go "omg, seriously?? WOW thats so wrong and I'm going to tell everyone about it before I ask the person who is being blamed for that!".
Those are sad folks.

And about trying to recruit YOU, Beth? I have never given any info to anyone that did not ASK for it. If I gave you info, it was AFTER you asked me to share.

pclinskie said:
I thought this was done with! Please stop.
I'd love to. But, when my integrity is in question, I want to defend myself. Sorry! :cry:

Pampered Laura said:
You're right. Your story is NOT 100%. You weren't there. Some folks hear something and go "omg, seriously?? WOW thats so wrong and I'm going to tell everyone about it before I ask the person who is being blamed for that!".
Those are sad folks.

And about trying to recruit YOU, Beth? I have never given any info to anyone that did not ASK for it. If I gave you info, it was AFTER you asked me to share.
PROSPECTING!!!!!! This is what we're saying Laura. You throw out the bait and wait to be asked. You are VERY good at what you do.

chefruthie said:
PROSPECTING!!!!!! This is what we're saying Laura. You throw out the bait and wait to be asked. You are VERY good at what you do.
NOt sure how long you have been around, but I posted a message on here 7 months ago, saying that I had resigned my directorship to do something else. I wasnt "PROSPECTING!!!!!" lol.
Ooh - I also called my mom and told her what I was doing... she's a PC consultant. Should I not have told her either because *gasp* she might ask where I was going?? :( :( :(

heat123 said:
OMG! Is all I have to say! How very Rude! Sad too, that inactive, or old cheffer frenz on here would see this message! PC consultant or not I feel they are still welcome!:(

That's what I'm getting at........hope you didn't think that I meant it!!! I feel that just because Laura isn't a consultant doesn't mean she can't be here with her cheffer friends.

For newbies, or seasoned Cheffers-

You cannot take words on a screen, on the internet, to heart or come to gain or lose respect for a person behind a screenname. Unless you personally know someone, don't think that you do because you are part of the same community-online. Let's not be niave here. :cry:

The bottom line here is respect one another. The type of behavior shown in this thread is not anything to be proud of- for anyone involved.

Pampered Laura said:
Actually you're misinformed. You can resign your directorship by submitting a letter to the home office, yes. However, if you'd like to remain an active consultant, you need to include in the letter to KEEP your active status as such. (which I did). It's in the Director handbook I believe.

I am glad you don't know many that were terminated. I personally know 3 in my upline's team specifically that were terminated, and Tom. I am sure there are more. I was told that I was terminated because "they could" and after digging, found out that my upline threw a fit and the home office had already gotten wind of other upper level directors leaving PC - or signing their husbands up for another business, too. I'm talking folks who are in catalogs, and names well known. No, it was not "willy nilly". The corporation saw a need to terminate us because apparently it was a threat and I (along with Tom and the others) was made to be a statement to other directors. On my phone call with Marla and Jean, they informed me that I did nothing wrong - it was just a business decision on their part.

However, one of my friends resigned her directorship with PC, but wanted to remain an active consultant. She resigned her team to let go of the responsibility so that she could get a full time job with her old company, but she was still terminated.

I am not misinformed...you can resign your Directorship and remain a Consultant....you do not get terminated. You are typing as if PC decided, that out of this whole company of consultants that are consultants with other DS companies, somehow they found you and Tom a threat??? You give yourself WAY too much credit. Grow up and admit you did wrong and then move on with your veiled recruting tactics on this board....I am off to work my business...with ethics and morals, thank you.

Pampered Laura said:
I asked you to tell me the name of the company and a link to it's website. I did not ask for the page of information and PC bashing that you pm'd me. Want me to post it here?

chefmeg said:
I am not misinformed...you can resign your Directorship and remain a Consultant....you do not get terminated. You are typing as if PC decided, that out of this whole company of consultants that are consultants with other DS companies, somehow they found you and Tom a threat??? You give yourself WAY too much credit. Grow up and admit you did wrong and then move on with your veiled recruting tactics on this board....I am off to work my business...with ethics and morals, thank you.
Oops - I misread your original question. I thought you were saying "It is my understanding that after you resign your directorship you were terminated as a consultant" to mean that you thought if someone resigns they were automatically terminated. My bad, sorry.

Like I said, I don't necessarily think they saw me and Tom as a threat... from what I got through my conversations with Marla and Jean, the whole situation was a threat because Tom and I were not the only ones resigning.

I'm still happy with the fact that we at least resigned our directorship BEFORE signing with another company. There are a few upper level directors who chose to sign their husbands or are just keeping it a secret. That's not me. I got terminated for telling PC what I was doing. So be it.

Pampered Laura said:
NOt sure how long you have been around, but I posted a message on here 7 months ago, saying that I had resigned my directorship to do something else. I wasnt "PROSPECTING!!!!!" lol.
Ooh - I also called my mom and told her what I was doing... she's a PC consultant. Should I not have told her either because *gasp* she might ask where I was going?? :( :( :(
I've been a member since 2005. Didn't you give the name of the company that you and Tom went to here on this board. I remember getting the name here and reading about the new company from you. I asked in an earlier post, how many fromer PC consultants are in your downline.....Tom's downline?

Pampered Laura said:
Those are sad folks.

I know from several consultants that asked only what the name of your "new adventure" was that more than that was emailed to them...it was WAAAYY more than any of them asked for...i am thinking that woud have been off-putting to begin with and probably set you up for their radar to be up when you post..................

chefruthie said:
I've been a member since 2005. Didn't you give the name of the company that you and Tom went to here on this board. I remember getting the name here and reading about the new company from you. I asked in an earlier post, how many fromer PC consultants are in your downline.....Tom's downline?
No, I have not said the name of the company on this board that I can remember... people have asked and I have refrained from posting it.
I have 20ish active consultants on my team. A couple of them are friends I made from PC days, and I believe 1 of them knows what Chef Success is but she doesn't post here.

chefmeg said:
I know from several consultants that asked only what the name of your "new adventure" was that more than that was emailed to them...it was WAAAYY more than any of them asked for...i am thinking that woud have been off-putting to begin with and probably set you up for their radar to be up when you post..................
Probably. I tend to "throw up" on people when I get excited about something. It's a fault that I'm working on.

:sing: ;) :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Pampered Laura said:
No, I have not said the name of the company on this board that I can remember... people have asked and I have refrained from posting it.
I have 20ish active consultants on my team. A couple of them are friends I made from PC days, and I believe 1 of them knows what Chef Success is but she doesn't post here.
Pampered Laura said:
http://www.myprivatequarters.com/index.php

his quarter auctions are kind of hard to explain... he made fun of me for being so freakin' dense when he tried to explain it to me. Brat. LOL
That was the first time you posted the website. There are more.

chefruthie said:
I know of two that were prominent posters on CS.

BethCooks4U said:
I know of two that were prominent posters on Chef Success.
I know of those two also. I'd just like Laura to admit to it.

chefruthie said:
I know of those two also. I'd just like Laura to admit to it.
And that she baited people to ask and then sent them a VERY lenghty letter that explained in detail why her Co was much better than PC. Saying "I'm trying to do everything by the book..." and share because you did ask FIRST. I didn't know anything about anything back then but it was clear to me this person was recruiting on CS.

This post was nicely floating down the page and into the sunset. Whether anyone is right or wrong, it is obvious that we are at a stand off ladies and both sides will stand firm....DROP IT FOR GOD'S SAKE!

If you two know everything why are you asking me? That's not trying to trap me or nail me to the wall? Please.

Ruthie where is that post from with the website link? It sounds like I was talking about Quarter auctions, but you have cut out most of my post...

Anyway, this has been SUPER fun ladies, but it's time to "shake it off".

I'm sure pitchfork posts will be coming saying "see look she got caught, so she wants this to die"... but honestly. It's time. Believe what you want. Maybe Deb or Greg will remove the whole thing and you guys can stew in your hatred and anger on someone elses post.

I didn't cut anything out of it. I quoted the whole post. Yes you were talking about quarter auctions and while talking about that you put the website info in there too.

Pampered Laura said:
I'm sure pitchfork posts will be coming saying "see look she got caught, so she wants this to die"... but honestly. It's time. Believe what you want. Maybe Deb or Greg will remove the whole thing and you guys can stew in your hatred and anger on someone elses post.
I can only speak for myself but I have never wanted anger or hatred, only honesty and integrity.

Pampered Laura said:
If you two know everything why are you asking me? That's not trying to trap me or nail me to the wall? Please.

Ruthie where is that post from with the website link? It sounds like I was talking about Quarter auctions, but you have cut out most of my post...

Anyway, this has been SUPER fun ladies, but it's time to "shake it off".
If you're talking about me, not at all... Just tired of the persecuted victim act. It would be nice to see you admit that you made a mistake doing that, sending those detailed letters enticing people to your new company. Maybe not eveyone got the same letter, but the one I saw was VERY clear and a blatant atempt to recruit. I could also post the copy if you want. We are worried for the new people that see your posts and fall for the same trick, that's all. I know you have friends here that care for you and you have earned that by being nice and sharing. I don't think you're a bad person just someone that is human and made a mistake.

This is ridiculous...Laura did not tell any of us anything until she was asked over and over again. I appreciate the help that Laura has given me in the past and I did not think she was trying to "sign us up" for anything. I do not know Laura personally. I was at NC last year when all of this happened and I never once heard anyone say anything about PQ. When I got back and found out what happened I couldn't believe it.

My thoughts on the termination thing...and they are my thoughts, not something I know...As a business owner I can see things a little differently.

1. If I had a manager who did a great job for me and she/he suddenly said "I don't want to be the manager anymore, I just want to work. Let someone else be the manager" how would that work? Okay, today you are the boss and tomorrow you are not the boss, but the person you were "over" was now the boss. You will not want the new boss to tell you what to do or how to do it because yesterday you were telling them. While PC is differently structured, it would still put people in an awkward position.
2. If my top selling people come to me and say "I am going to sell for this other company too, so I don't want to be in charge anymore" I would definately feel threatened. My first thought is that now my top people are putting less time into my product because they are selling for someone else too. This takes away from my bottom line. My second thought would be "OH NO, that is not happening. My people are not selling for someone else because they are good sales people and they will take from my business". Why would I want you here when you weren't giving me 100% of your time?

Is it right...not necesarily. When people begin to change loyalties, you begin to look at the bottom line and make whatever adjustments you think you need to make...whether it is to send a message to everyone else, to protect yourself, or just because you are mad that someone would do that to you.

I am very sorry for Laura. She resigned her directorship...it was not taken from her. And, the fact that they terminated her contract after she resigned had nothing to do with morals or ethics. She followed the rules by telling them she was resigning and why. She has never bashed PC. Yes, she was upset at first, but she did not bash PC. Some people see "PC Bashing" in everything...remember the thread about someone being upset over their SAT package. Somehow it turned into a big fight because someone thought someone was bashing PC. We work for a great company. I have not seen anyone bash PC on here. We come here to help each other and vent. Because it is better to vent here to our fellow consultants than to our guests and hosts. When we vent here, our friends will "talk us through" these issues and perhaps when we are calm we will see it differently.

As for her downline switching companies...that is a personal thing. If they respect Laura and believe in her it would be a natural thing to want to join in a new venture with her...the same for Tom. PC lost a lot of money when these 2 left. They were top consultants.

Once again I am rethinking whether or not I want to be a part of this community. We are not going to agree on everything...what group of people does...but we don't have to tear each other apart. As a Christian I am appalled at the things other "Christians" say and do. We need to be Christ-like and set a good example. And yes, I realize that not everyone on here is a Christian. But how about we just be decent people and remember that we are all human and treat each other as such.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCat
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • pchefking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • nay62