• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why do customers wait until the last minute to cancel orders?

In summary, the speaker shares their frustration about a guest who placed an order but has not paid for it, despite being asked to do so for three weeks. The guest finally responds, but cancels the order due to financial reasons, causing inconvenience for the speaker and their host. The speaker expresses their annoyance at the situation and vents about similar experiences.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I just need to blow off some steam right now. I had a co-worker have a catalog party and she had everyone's order and payment in to me last Friday, except one from an order that was placed through my PWS. I have been trying to contact this guest for 3 week's because she asked to be contacted regarding payment, no problem I can do that. I had left numerous message's and email's asking her to contact me.

Finally, I actually get to talk to her last night and she said she doesn't get paid until next Friday, so she can not pay for her order, so she need's cancel it. It is a $92.00 order! :mad: WTH! You don't answer my call's or email's for 3 weeks and when we do finally talk you cancel the order? She went onto comment that she has had TS parties before and they have worked with her on holding check's. I explained that was very nice of the TS consultant to do so, however, I am not in a position to front $100 for her order (not those exact words). She also said she sent me an email (I still haven't seen it).

Now this bring's my host's party down to a lower level and changes her host benefit's and I can't reach her right now because she is in Florida until Wednesday for FEMA training. :mad: I swear people, if you can't pay for your product's then don't order them!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Rant away, Laurie. That stinks. Just be sure to bless and release soon so that this person doesn't ruin the rest of your month.

((((Hugs)))))

I'm sure that's very frustrating. :( But you've got the right attitude in knowing that you just have to let it go. That's what we're for here :D

That would be very frustrating.

Sometimes there's just no accounting for peoples actions. :(

(((hugs))) I'm sure that's frustrating for you AND your host.

I'm hosting a Discovery Toy Catalog Show right now to try & get discounted stuff for Christmas. I just had one of my "friends" do the same thing. She canceled a $99 order which knocks me down a level. :rolleyes: (So if any of you want/need anything from DT, PM me! LOL)

That's after she asked to participate in my Mystery Host show that's going on right now, then backed out of it because she's hosting a Scentsy party ... but of course, she expects me to buy from her party. :grumpy:

I will never understand what people are thinking when they place an order! I have made it clear to all my Hosts that the Shows don't close (and thus the delivery is delayed) until all payments are in! I've had a couple of people do that and I just say, "Sorry but I can't do that. I don't have any other income but PC and so I don't have enough in my account to cover orders!" I had a lady's credit card not go through on my last Show. When I finally reached her (after 2 messages left at her office since that was the only contact information I had), she asked if she could pay when she received it. I told her that I was sorry but that the Show would not even be released to be shipped until I was able to provide payment. She said she could mail me a check. I went ahead and paid for it with my PC debit card. I got the check 2 days later. I just don't get it! Would they tell Walmart that they want to pay them later?

I had Lia Sophia party a few months ago and a chick ordered $150 worth of products. Well for Lia Sophia the minimum show is $250.. so i collected the rest of the orders i needed and then this chick cancelled her $150 order! So i had to start all over again collecting more orders to get me to the minimum! But I knew it wasn't the consultants fault, so hopefully your hostess is understanding.

Sorry to hear that! I hope your hostess is understanding! Good luck!

pamperedpals said:
I just need to blow off some steam right now. I had a co-worker have a catalog party and she had everyone's order and payment in to me last Friday, except one from an order that was placed through my PWS. I have been trying to contact this guest for 3 week's because she asked to be contacted regarding payment, no problem I can do that. I had left numerous message's and email's asking her to contact me.

Finally, I actually get to talk to her last night and she said she doesn't get paid until next Friday, so she can not pay for her order, so she need's cancel it. It is a $92.00 order! :mad: WTH! You don't answer my call's or email's for 3 weeks and when we do finally talk you cancel the order? She went onto comment that she has had TS parties before and they have worked with her on holding check's. I explained that was very nice of the TS consultant to do so, however, I am not in a position to front $100 for her order (not those exact words). She also said she sent me an email (I still haven't seen it).

Now this bring's my host's party down to a lower level and changes her host benefit's and I can't reach her right now because she is in Florida until Wednesday for FEMA training. :mad: I swear people, if you can't pay for your product's then don't order them!

Thanks for letting me vent.
I know, I had a catalog show and the first person to order from my web site thought it was going in soon, and thought the money had been taken out, so when I submitted the order it was declined, and I called her to get another form of payment an different card that was also declined... I called the sloutions center and had that order removed... well they did but my catty show is still on hold... if you can't pay please don't order I understand! Thank goodness it did not affect the host benefits, it was only 35.50. but you live in GA, and I am in WA state.

tvanhowling said:
I know, I had a catalog show and the first person to order from my web site thought it was going in soon, and thought the money had been taken out, so when I submitted the order it was declined, and I called her to get another form of payment an different card that was also declined... I called the sloutions center and had that order removed... well they did but my catty show is still on hold... if you can't pay please don't order I understand! Thank goodness it did not affect the host benefits, it was only 35.50. but you live in GA, and I am in WA state.

I also live in WA state just around the corner from you in Roy.

I had a cooking show. At the last minute a $150 order came in. She has been a good customer. When I finally got in touch with her for payment she said she would mail me a check. That took almost a week. Then my bank takes a few days for it to clear. Finally got the party submitted and now there is another guest who CC was declined. I have not been able to get in touch with her. On top of that the host is wanting her stuff before Thanksgiving. I don't have the extra $ to lay out for her. As it is I had just paid for 3 orders for another party just to get it submitted. I would have to say that it can get very frustrating. I wish I could do something to prevent these things from happening. Even though it is not my fault, it is not good customer service to the host for having the party delayed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lisasfuncooking, let your host know what the holdup is. These are her friends, so she's more likely to be able to get in touch with this person.

Raebates-
Yes, I did let her know! The only good thing is most of the guests have been to 4 of my cooking shows this year. So I guess that is a compliment that they are such good, loyal customers. The host knows but was just hoping her order will be here before Thanksgiving.

Good point about letting the host know what the hold up is. I had a show that had 3 declined credit cards and the host contacted all of them before I could to have them call me. All was settled very easily but I was lucky!

I think part of the problem with this is that, surprise surprise, people don't consider direct sales as "real" businesses. this is the same rationale behind hosts going awol and people saying they will show up....and then blowing it off.

1. Why was my order cancelled?

There could be a few reasons why your order was cancelled. Our system automatically cancels orders if payment cannot be processed or if there is an issue with the shipping address. It's also possible that the item you ordered is out of stock. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

2. Can I still receive my order even though it was cancelled?

If your order was cancelled due to payment or address issues, you can update your information and place a new order. However, if the item is out of stock, we unfortunately cannot fulfill the order. We recommend checking our website for alternative options or contacting our customer service team for further assistance.

3. Will I be charged for the cancelled order?

If your order was cancelled due to payment issues, you may see a temporary charge on your account. This is a pre-authorization hold and should be released within a few business days. If you were charged for an out of stock item, you will be refunded for the full amount.

4. How can I avoid my order being cancelled in the future?

To avoid any issues with your order, please double check that your payment information and shipping address are correct before placing your order. You can also contact our customer service team if you have any concerns about your order or need assistance with updating your information.

5. Can I cancel my order after it has been processed?

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel orders once they have been processed and shipped. If you no longer want the item, you can return it to us for a refund or exchange. Please refer to our return policy for more information or contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Shae424
  • KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
L.Paz
  • Lexif424