• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Tip on Using the Cut N Seal

In summary, the guest thinks that the edges of the Cut n Seal bread break off when she presses too hard. The author uses their Cut n Seal everyday and has been using it for over three years with no problems. The author also uses it to make bread crumbs and says that if the crusts are left in the fridge, they are "gulit-free."
susanr613
Gold Member
Good morning! One of my guests has one and says that the edges break off when she presses. She thinks she may be pressing too hard.

I have never used one, so your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The edges of the bread, or the edges of the actual cut n seal?

I use mine almost daily (with a 4.5 yr old) and I've been using it for almost 3 years. I would think that if the edges of the cut n seal are breaking, then she is either pressing way too hard (it's a pretty sturdy little tool) or there is something wrong with hers.

If it's the bread that is breaking off - she may need to use a softer bread. It doesn't work as well with the coarser grain breads, and they do tend to crack and break apart.

Also...rememeber the name when using. First, "Cut" down using only the outside circle to cut the two pieces of bread. Then, "seal" by pushing down on the plunger.

Also, if you try to put too much filling (or use a dry bread, like Becky was saying) it tends to break where the bread bulges up from the filling.

I also use mine everyday, 6, 3 and 1 year olds love it!! I always press down to make the cut, then press the 'plunger' to make the seal, THEN pick it up and press the 'plunger' again to remove the sandwitch. Sometimes if I'm in a hurry the side will tear off while I am removing the sandwitch from the Cut n' Seal. By pushing the plunger while holding the whole thing up I can minimize this. It also helps to try to keep the filling (especially peanut butter) spread over the bread inside the circle before you use the tool.
Hope this helps.

I bought one to use with my grandsons, but hate throwing all that crust away -- do you do anything special with it?

gailz2 said:
I bought one to use with my grandsons, but hate throwing all that crust away -- do you do anything special with it?

Because I spread the filling only where the cut is made I save the crusts to:
A - Make crutons (sp?)
B - Add to soup's, great for dipping
C - let dry, crumble and toss for the birds (this is when I don't have time for A or soup scheduled to eat soon for B)

I hate to toss food too, my DH says I only throw food out gulit-free when it is covered in green fuzzy stuff. LOL

Crystal Patton said:
Because I spread the filling only where the cut is made I save the crusts to:
A - Make crutons (sp?)
B - Add to soup's, great for dipping
C - let dry, crumble and toss for the birds (this is when I don't have time for A or soup scheduled to eat soon for B)

I hate to toss food too, my DH says I only throw food out gulit-free when it is covered in green fuzzy stuff. LOL

I also use it to make bread crumbs to use for breading, and for recipes that call for them - like the new wonton purses.:)

thanks so much!

ChefBeckyD said:
I also use it to make bread crumbs to use for breading, and for recipes that call for them - like the new wonton purses.:)

When you use them to make bread crumbs and/or croutons... how exactly do you do it and how long do they last if you're not going to use them right away? Do you freeze them? Before or after you make them into bread crumbs or croutons...

ChefBeckyD said:

I didn't see that - Cool!! I get another reason for telling my DH to LEAVE the bags for crusts in the fridge!!

1. How do I use the Cut N Seal?

The Cut N Seal is a simple tool that can be used to easily create sealed edges on pastries, sandwiches, and other foods. To use it, simply place the food item in the center of the Cut N Seal, fold the edges of the pastry or bread over the filling, and press down firmly on the tool to create a sealed edge.

2. Can the Cut N Seal be used to cut through thicker or denser foods?

Yes, the Cut N Seal can be used on a variety of foods, including thicker or denser items like pizza dough or bagels. However, for best results, we recommend using a rocking motion while pressing down to ensure a clean cut.

3. How do I clean the Cut N Seal?

The Cut N Seal is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Be sure to dry the tool thoroughly before storing.

4. Can the Cut N Seal be used on non-stick surfaces?

While the Cut N Seal is safe for use on most surfaces, we do not recommend using it on non-stick surfaces as it may cause damage.

5. Can the Cut N Seal be used to create different shapes?

The Cut N Seal is designed to create a half-moon shape, but it can also be used to create other shapes by adjusting the position of the food item before pressing down with the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lbalks
  • Products and Tips
Replies