• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any tips for managing morning sickness while running a Pampered Chef business?

In summary, the consultant would make her recipe BEFORE the show, she said while she made dinner for her family, she also made the show's recipe (if applicable of course).
emiscookin
Hello my fellow Cheffer's. I just needed to chat with you all about this. I'm sure many of you can relate.

Ever since I found out I am pregnant I've been tried, sick and unmotivated to do any cooking shows. I've mostly done catalog shows within the past 2 months (to stay active) and 1 cooking show (that was scheduled a while ago), which I BARELY made it through without hurling!! Thank goodness for a gracious host who took care of me and had her husband carry all my stuff out and back into my car.

Now that I am in the 2nd trimester I've been feeling a little better, but the nausea and unmotivation is still there. I hope it goes away soon.

I have an afternoon show this Saturday and...for the first time since starting the business...Im not looking forward to it. :( I haven't even figured out what to prepare, so far my host said only 2 people RSVP'd and I asked her to get back with the others and see if they are coming, and I am NOT looking forward to dragging ALL THAT STUFF to the show with me!! I just don't have the energy! Plus, when my belly gets bigger how am I going to haul all that stuff? I guess my husband and my host could help me but...

I feel like I carry TOO MUCH stuff!!!

There was a thread a while back where people talked about what they bring to shows and how to limit how many bags you bring so you aren't bringing too much. I WISH I would've bookmarked that thread! ;) Do any of you remember it? Or possibly have it bookmarked? If you could post the link on here that would be great, but if not...I am VERY interested in how you limit what items you bring to a show so you aren't carrying TOO much.

Thanks in advance everyone. I hope I can start feeling better and get my motivation back. I LOVE Pampered Chef!! It is SO fun and such a rewarding business!! :chef: I always wanna be a good consultant and stay active!

Sincerely,

I just realized I posted this in Marketplace!! How did that happen!? I meant to click on Chef's Lounge. :p Sorry about that!

You need a big hug! It's so hard to be pregnant no matter what. There are lots of consultants on here who have been through and/or are going through this same challenge. I'm sure they'll chime in here and give you some advice.As far as in general what to bring to a show, try this thread and the similar threads listed at the bottom of it as well: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f24/how-do-you-decide-what-take-show-61880/Oh, you can copy and paste this thread into a new one you can create in the lounge. Then go to "thread tools" at the top right of these posts and then you can choose to delete this thread. Hope that helps a tiny bit. :)

How about this for awhile....it's something I"m going to try when I have my next cooking show. I recently heard it on a recorded conf. call.The consultant would make her recipe BEFORE the show, she said while she made dinner for her family, she also made the show's recipe (if applicable of course). She wouldn't arrive at the show more than 15 min. before scheduled. She'd come in, and have the recipe ready, as well as had a chicken ready to pop in the microwave to make 30-min. Chicken in the DCB. So for the first 30 minutes of the show, guests could eat and socialize while she set up a small demo area of products. It sounded like she basically brought KEY Products from her Kit (not all of them), and a few new or favorite products from the new/current line. She would then do her demo from 7:30-8pm...and had GUESTS do the products. She'd showcase the Ultimate Mandoline (potato slices), the Food Chopper (Who had a bad day??) - chopped the potato slices, and I still don't remember the 3rd product she demos. She would do a catalog-walk through also. Basically- she touched on the 4 main collections in her demo, and really played up the Kit Bargain (she called it the Clearance Rack- referring to how most people always take a look at the Clearance Rack for bargains).She'd then wrap up with a quick Ticket Activity Game or something similar to do her Recruiting/Booking wrap up and then be done! She was done and ready to do customer checkouts by 8:15-8:20. Oh...and the Chicken was done in the DCB when she started the demo. She cut it up after the demo, so guests could taste how moist/flavorful it was while they shopped and she did checkout.For you and your situation, it's quick, you can make the food at HOME and then just pick 3-4 products to demo at the show- and use the Guests do it! (She also gave small gifts to everyone who did one of the demos.) Since she wasn't using alot for making food, and only demoing a few things, she was only bringing a couple food items (a potato, garlic, etc..whatever you're needing for those couple of demos), and she's not bringing much product!! I'm envisioning 1-2 bags/crates of tools (and that's mainly because of the DCB) and a bag for paper/computer. And you can be in and out much faster! It worked well for her bookings and recruiting too because guests were out faster and had more fun.I can't say how it works- because I haven't ahd a chance to try it, but she was an Upper Level Director, so I figured if it worked for her, and sounded SO simple that how can it NOT be much better?!

Oh, Emily. I feel for you. Don't be too hard on yourself, you know you have a ton of hormones swirling through you. You are bound to have some feelings like this. Fortunately there are plenty of 1-experienced consultants 2-experienced moms and 3- people that are both--to help you here. And you are doing the right thing, reaching out. When I have had big things (not pregnancy, but life changing accidents) that have affected me, I try to just take things one step at a time. Of course, with a little one coming, you have to plan some, but cross each bridge as you come to it. Ask for help, not only here, but in your face to face life, too. (Doesn't it feel good to help someone? Give that feeling to others.)And remember who you are. You are a bright woman, you are strong and capable, and you have seen and unseen forces to back you up.I hope it helps a little to know that there are people here who care about you!

You can try interactive shows. Give them tickets for participating and then give a nicer prize for winning that drawing (more than just a twixit ;) ). By having them do the food prep, hopefully you won't be as nauseous. It's also a great excuse to get them to cooperate with the interactive demo. :DIn your last host coaching call, see if she or a significant other will be able to help you carry in your bags.Bring just what you need for the show plus the guest special and maybe next months host special items. Use the catalog more. Get to know the page numbers and have people shout out what page things are on. Toss candy at them or something for helping w/ that (or tickets for a small prize.) Really restrain yourself from bringing everything. It's so hard, I know. (I always bring too much :blushing:)

You are all so sweet. :blushing: Thank you.
Esavvymom, that sounds like an idea one of my friends recommended to me. She wants to host a show and wondered if I would try that out! I think I just may! ;)

Awwww! *hugs* I can't say that I know how you feel, but I'll hopefully be in your shoes one day. And I can honestly say I didn't think about being sick! I just figured I'd be pregnant and still be able to do PC. Something to think about. Please let us know how you make out! Hope you feel better and CONGRATS!

I can relate and understand!

I remember when I was pregnant, and tired and sick. (no morning sickness here - it was ALL DAY sickness - and it was at it's worst about the time I should be starting a show at night!)

For me, it was Nov & Dec during my first trimester, and I did all of my shows sitting down. The smell of food made me sick - any food - so I would do batter bowl brownies for every show. I brought the dry ingredients with me to the shows, and would have the host mix it up and bake it, and then she provided more dry ingredients for me to show everyone how to layer the brownies in the batter bowl for a gift. I would then talk about other gift ideas, and gift sets, and let everyone play with the tools. When the brownies were ready, they'd make brownie sundaes, and eat and shop. I didn't bring a bunch of products with me - just my paperwork bag, and consultant tote. I remember selling a ton of small batter bowls during that time - people were buying them to make Christmas Gifts. My 2nd trimester wasn't a whole lot different - I can't remember what I did for a demo, but I do remember doing it sitting down! By my 3rd trimester I was on complete bedrest, so I only did catalog shows. That was before the websites, and online parties.

After I had my son - in June - I was still tired and unmotivated. All that summer, I once again baked a brownie for my shows, and we did Ice Cream Socials. A VERY easy show to do! We'd do the brownie in a stone, and then do Bananas Foster or Sauteed Apples on the stove, and set out ice cream toppings, and have everyone create their own Sundaes. Bananas, Nuts, Oreos, Cool Whip in the EAD, Strawberries, etc....whatever - and then they just used all of the tools to make their creations. I basically sat there and just talked to people while they did that. :)

Eventually, energy and motivation come back - but you have so many big things going on, and big decisions, and big life change...it's okay for PC to not be a priority for a while...that's what I love about this company...when I needed to not devote as much time to it, I was free and able to do that, and pick back up when I could again!

ChefBeckyD said:
...so I would do batter bowl brownies for every show. I brought the dry ingredients with me to the shows, and would have the host mix it up and bake it, and then she provided more dry ingredients for me to show everyone how to layer the brownies in the batter bowl for a gift. I would then talk about other gift ideas, and gift sets, and let everyone play with the tools. When the brownies were ready, they'd make brownie sundaes, and eat and shop. I didn't bring a bunch of products with me - just my paperwork bag, and consultant tote. I remember selling a ton of small batter bowls during that time - people were buying them to make Christmas Gifts.

Becky! I love love love this! I want to have a little "gift class" to sell batterbowls by advance order, then have them make them in class, and buy more bowls to make more once they leave. Such a great way to demo it, to bake the brownies first, then show how to layer them.

ChefBeckyD said:
After I had my son - in June - I was still tired and unmotivated. All that summer, I once again baked a brownie for my shows, and we did Ice Cream Socials. A VERY easy show to do! We'd do the brownie in a stone, and then do Bananas Foster or Sauteed Apples on the stove, and set out ice cream toppings, and have everyone create their own Sundaes. Bananas, Nuts, Oreos, Cool Whip in the EAD, Strawberries, etc....whatever - and then they just used all of the tools to make their creations. I basically sat there and just talked to people while they did that. :)

and isn't this a totally awesome interactive party? Emi, this is a great idea, you don't even need to be NEAR the food, really.

ChefBeckyD said:
Eventually, energy and motivation come back - but you have so many big things going on, and big decisions, and big life change...it's okay for PC to not be a priority for a while...that's what I love about this company...when I needed to not devote as much time to it, I was free and able to do that, and pick back up when I could again!

and that's what I love about PC, too!

Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Becky! I love love love this! I want to have a little "gift class" to sell batterbowls by advance order, then have them make them in class, and buy more bowls to make more once they leave. Such a great way to demo it, to bake the brownies first, then show how to layer them.

Marghi

The really great thing Marghi is that after you sign, you can go to the theme show archives on CC, and there are recipes and tips for doing just that! Brownies, Cookies, Chili, and Pumpkin Bread recipes for layering in the batter bowl!

emiscookin said:
I just realized I posted this in Marketplace!! How did that happen!? I meant to click on Chef's Lounge. :p Sorry about that!

Blame that on "baby brain"!

I was pregnant when I started PC. It wasn't easy. I was also working a full time job. I only about 2 shows a month. Just do what you can, have as many people help as you can get, and it will all be ok! I also had all day nausea, not "sickness", but FEELING like I was going to be sick all the time. (I actually think that BEING sick would have been better) My husband came with me to some of my shows to "take over' if he needed to (this was before the age of interactive shows) but I would definitely go the interactive route for now. Good luck!

Emily,
As everyone else has said take it one day at a time. I did this when I was expecting #3, luckily for me I wasnt as sick with #3 as I was with #1, but I was tired. What I do even now so that I am not taking to much to my shows I take what I need for my demos. In most demos you need a knife, so theres the forged cutlery, If I remeber I also take my saute pan. Congrats on your pregnancy

Kisha1210 said:
Awwww! *hugs* I can't say that I know how you feel, but I'll hopefully be in your shoes one day. And I can honestly say I didn't think about being sick! I just figured I'd be pregnant and still be able to do PC. Something to think about. Please let us know how you make out! Hope you feel better and CONGRATS!

Thanks! :) I know its hard right now, but it will all be worth it in the end. ;) We have been wanting to have a baby for 4 years!!

ChefBeckyD thanks for your ideas!! :D Oh, and it's not morning sickness for me either, it's more like "evening sickness" or "on and off throughout the day sickness!"

chefsteph07 said:
Blame that on "baby brain"!

Darn right! :p

Thank you everyone! You're all so sweet! *hugs*

1. How can I stay motivated while working on my business with Pampered Chef?

Staying motivated can be a challenge, but there are a few things you can do to help. First, set specific, achievable goals for yourself and reward yourself when you reach them. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can encourage you. Also, take breaks and time for self-care to avoid burnout.

2. What are some ways to overcome self-doubt and negative thoughts?

It's important to recognize that everyone experiences self-doubt and negative thoughts at times. One helpful strategy is to reframe your thoughts and focus on your strengths and accomplishments. Surround yourself with positive affirmations and remind yourself of why you started this business in the first place.

3. How can I handle rejection and setbacks in my Pampered Chef business?

Rejection and setbacks are a normal part of any business, but it's important to not let them discourage you. Remember that every no brings you closer to a yes. Take time to reflect on what went wrong and use it as a learning opportunity for future success. Don't be afraid to reach out to your team or mentor for support and guidance.

4. What are some tips for staying organized and on top of my Pampered Chef business?

Organization is key when it comes to running a successful business. Utilize tools such as a planner or calendar to help you stay on track and manage your time effectively. Set aside specific blocks of time for tasks such as following up with customers, organizing inventory, and planning events. Also, don't be afraid to delegate tasks or ask for help when needed.

5. How can I handle the stress and pressure of running my own business with Pampered Chef?

Running a business can be stressful, but there are ways to manage the pressure. Make sure to prioritize self-care and take breaks when needed. Stay organized and set realistic expectations for yourself. Also, remember to celebrate your successes and don't be too hard on yourself when things don't go as planned. Surround yourself with a supportive team and remember why you started this business in the first place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gracie Stafford
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rapunzil
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1995tucker