• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Tea Party Sandwich Ideas!!

Thanks for the recipe suggestion, Becky. I'll definitely try it out. Thanks for the recipe suggestion, Becky. I'll definitely try it out.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I'm doing a Tea Party Themed Show Sunday....I was thinking I'd do the friendship tea definitely!!! Then also doing little tea sandwiches and as a demo doing the Little cups of heaven! What would be good ideas for sandwiches? Should I do ham/turkey type sandwiches? Or should I do like egg salad? Any other ideas??

I subscribe to Tea Time & Southern Lady I'll look in a little while thru some recent issues I think of cucumber sandwiches or homemade pimento cheese or chicken salad

last year for a bridal shower I cut the bread (I think it was sun dried tomato from Panera) in diamond shapes, spread with whipped cream cheese added a slice of shaved ham and topped with a half spear (sliced lengthwise) of blanched asparagusyou could also check out some local tea room menus

A friend of mine use to do cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumber. I think the cream cheese might have been flavored, but I am not sure. They were very dainty and tasted good. And, I don't really care for cucumber!

peachey said:
A friend of mine use to do cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumber. I think the cream cheese might have been flavored, but I am not sure. They were very dainty and tasted good. And, I don't really care for cucumber!
Flavor the cream cheese w/ a little of the PC dill mix, and add a tbls. or so of mayo or sour cream to the cream cheese also (unless you use the cream cheese spread in the tub).
Oh - and serve them on french bread baked in one of the old PC bread tubes. Very cute!

Thanks for filling in the rest of the info, Becky. That sounds right. They were always light, almost fluffy, but I don't think she used whipped cream cheese. She probably added mayo. I have several seasonings, but not the dill. I might have to get some just to recreate these sandwiches. They were yummy.

peachey said:
Thanks for filling in the rest of the info, Becky. That sounds right. They were always light, almost fluffy, but I don't think she used whipped cream cheese. She probably added mayo. I have several seasonings, but not the dill. I might have to get some just to recreate these sandwiches. They were yummy.

You're welcome. I was just going from memory - but then I decided to look it up, and here is the actual recipe. It's an oldie but goodie from PC. I always just subbed the dill mix for the dill weed. I didn't think it called for this much sour cream - but it's been a while since I made them.

Cucumber Party Canapes

Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon lemon zest

1 cucumber
1 loaf Canape French Bread, sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

Directions:

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill weed and lemon zest; mix well. Cut cucumber crosswise into 3 equal sections. Peel, seed and coarsely chop one cucumber section. Add to cream cheese mixture; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Thinly slice remaining cucumber sections using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut each slice in half. Slice canape bread into eighteen 1/2-inch slices using Serrated Bread Knife.
3. To assemble canapes, place 1 scoop cream cheese mixture onto each bread slice using Small Scoop, spreading evenly. Top each canape with 1 cucumber slice and 1 tomato half. Serve immediately.

Yield: 18 canapes

Nutrients per serving: (1 canape): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

I think a good chicken salad on the canape bread would be good too, I have an awesome chicken salad recipe that has apples and grapes and pecans in it, if you'd like it.

What are some easy and delicious tea party sandwich ideas?

1. Cucumber and herbed cream cheese sandwiches: Spread herbed cream cheese on slices of bread and top with thinly sliced cucumbers. Cut into triangles for a classic tea party look.2. Smoked salmon and dill sandwiches: Spread softened cream cheese on bread and top with smoked salmon and fresh dill.3. Egg salad sandwiches: Mix hard boiled eggs with mayo, mustard, and chopped herbs for a classic tea party staple.4. Turkey and cranberry sandwiches: Spread cranberry sauce on bread and top with sliced turkey for a festive twist.5. Pesto and mozzarella sandwiches: Spread pesto on bread and top with slices of fresh mozzarella and tomato for a flavorful sandwich option.

What are some vegetarian options for tea party sandwiches?

1. Avocado and hummus sandwiches: Spread hummus on bread and top with slices of avocado for a creamy and filling option.2. Caprese sandwiches: Layer slices of fresh mozzarella, tomato, and basil on bread for a simple and delicious sandwich.3. Grilled vegetable sandwiches: Grill slices of zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplant and layer them on bread with pesto for a flavorful veggie option.4. Cream cheese and cucumber tea sandwiches: Mix cream cheese with chopped herbs and spread on bread, then top with thinly sliced cucumbers.5. Roasted vegetable and goat cheese sandwiches: Roast a mix of vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, and onions, and layer them on bread with creamy goat cheese.

Can you suggest some gluten-free tea party sandwich options?

1. Lettuce wraps: Use large lettuce leaves as a wrap for your favorite sandwich fillings, such as chicken salad or turkey and cheese.2. Rice paper rolls: Fill rice paper with sliced veggies and a protein of your choice, then roll them up for a light and gluten-free option.3. Gluten-free bread: Many brands now offer gluten-free bread options that can be used for traditional tea sandwiches.4. Quinoa and vegetable salad: Mix cooked quinoa with chopped vegetables and a light dressing, then serve as a salad or in lettuce cups.5. Smoked salmon and cream cheese on cucumber rounds: Use thinly sliced cucumber rounds as a base for smoked salmon and cream cheese for a light and refreshing option.

How far in advance can I make tea party sandwiches?

You can make tea party sandwiches up to 2 hours in advance. It is important to keep them refrigerated until ready to serve to ensure freshness. If using ingredients that may make the bread soggy, such as tomatoes or cucumbers, it is best to assemble the sandwiches right before serving.

What are some creative ways to display tea party sandwiches?

1. Tiered serving trays: Use a tiered serving tray to display a variety of sandwiches in an elegant and space-saving way.2. Decorative plates: Use decorative plates in different shapes and sizes to add visual interest to your sandwich display.3. Tea cups: Use tea cups as serving vessels for individual tea sandwiches.4. Skewers: Skewer bite-sized sandwiches and arrange them on a platter for a fun and easy display.5. Cookie cutters: Use cookie cutters to create fun and unique shapes for your sandwiches, such as hearts or flowers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DeniseJoiner
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • cookingwithhart
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithhart
Replies