• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help with Survivor Show Details?

Also, do you do both recipes, or just one? Is this a hands-on show, or do you make the recipe? Also, do you sprinkle the trivia questions throughout the show, or stop and ask them all at once?
chefbilyeu
Hi everyone!
I've booked a Survivor Theme show, and I have the file that I got from here that outlines the show. However, I need help with a little more details. I'm not the most creative, so I need help with the challenges, the way that the challenges work, etc. Here's the file I'm referring to, if anyone wants to help.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• survivor show.doc
    33 KB · Views: 564
Survivor ShowI have never watched a complete episode of Survivor, so would be no help with ideas. I just thought I'd bump your thread because I am interested in knowing more.
I'm going to have to start watching some TV! Perhaps after baseball is over. All I watch is sports, court TV, or Disney with the kids!

My Survivor shows are a lot of fun - I start by "Setting the mood"...decorating my display with "survivor-ish" looking decorations. I have little tiki men type salt and pepper shakers I picked up at a resale shop, fabric that looks rustic, small wooden tiki candle holders, etc. I have a cd of the soundtrack of Survior that a friend gave me so I always play that as backgroud noise while the guests are coming in and then start it over once my demo is over.

As guests come in they each get a "buff" (I just cut wide strips of inexpensive fabric in two colors) to tie on their arm and a name tag that is color coded to match their buff. I alternate the color each person gets as they arrive as this will break them into teams once we get started.

Everyone receives a long piece of jute that has a wooden bead tied on one end. This is the start of their immunity necklace. They get the one bead for coming. But from then on, they are trying to earn the most beads by doing different things. The person with the most beads at the end of the show will win "immunity" which is 10% off their entire order. Usually I give one bead for bringing a friend, one bead for being on time (there before my demo begins), one bead for each trivia question correctly answered, one bead to the team captain (one person on each team), 3 beads for the team that finishes their dish first (I usually do the chicken twist vs. the apple craisin twist), 5 beads for booking a show, etc.

The trivia is a mix of Pampered Chef trivia and a lot of Survivor trivia. I did a search on Google for "survivor trivia" and came up with a lot of great sites to get questions from. Most guests just love the trivia as most hosts who schedule a Survivor show know their friends love it. But if a guest isn't a fan of Survivor, they have more than enough chance to get beads by the PC trivia.

I also throw in a "Team Challenge" on some shows. I will set up the A/P/C/S and time 3 members of one team to get through 3 apples and then have 3 members from the next team try and beat the time. This makes for a lot of laughs and excitment. I will then usually use the apples to make a quick recipe (the one where you put the apples in a stone, add chopped candy bars, and bake) so it doesn't go to waste. The winning team gets additional beads.

There are so many fun things you can use with a show like this. I bought a very interesting container that I hold my beads in - it looks like it is straight off the set of one of the Survivor shows. I make my own invites for this show and use the Survivor logo I found online and changed some words on it to adapt to cooking. The invites seem to really spark interest as most of my Survivor shows are my largest turn outs.

Good luck to you! I love doing this type of show and usually have great results from them.

Wow, thanks for the great ideas! I love the idea of the necklaces and beads--so creative!!! Do you have a file of the trivia questions you use? Also, do you do both recipes, or just one? Is this a hands-on show, or do you make the recipe? Also, do you sprinkle the trivia questions throughout the show, or stop and ask them all at once?

Thanks so much for this help!!! It's great!

chefbilyeu said:
Wow, thanks for the great ideas! I love the idea of the necklaces and beads--so creative!!! Do you have a file of the trivia questions you use? Also, do you do both recipes, or just one? Is this a hands-on show, or do you make the recipe? Also, do you sprinkle the trivia questions throughout the show, or stop and ask them all at once?

Thanks so much for this help!!! It's great!

As for the recipes - each team makes one recipe during the competition. You don't cook a thing. The team captain is in charge of breaking down the recipe and assigning the tasks to the other members of the team. While they are preparing the recipes, just kind of "float" between the two groups. I usually start asking the trivia during the cooking. It keeps everyone involved in case someone isn't "doing something" at that moment.

I usually do a very quick, brief overview of the products they will use during the recipes before they start cooking. That way everyone knows what tool they want to use and how to use it. I also make sure in the recipe directions that it indicates which product to use for each task.

Hope that helps!

Well, I did my show on Tuesday, and it was so much fun. I had the two teams come up with a tribe name.

I did three challenges: the first for first pick of the tools, the second for first pick of the ingredients, and the last for two free swaps with the other team. The first challenge was to find the tools listed on my sheet. They had to say what page it was found in the catalog, and what the warantee was. The first team to get them all right won.

The second was a memory game. I had various items on a tray, and they had 1 minute to look at the tray, and remember what was on there. I had some things from the "purse game" on there, and when time was up, and went over each item, and what the significance to PC was.

The last challenge was another memory game. They had 30 seconds to look at the Super Starter Kit picture, and remember everything they could about what was in it. Whoever had the most right, won, and then I talked about the opportunity.

Then I had them start the recipe. When it was in the oven, I talked about Stoneware and cookware, bookings, and did the Let's be Nosy game. Whoever had the most tickets at the end of the night got free shipping and wore the immunity necklace (they were immune from paying shipping). It was a fun show!!

Here are the files/flyers I used. I can't wait to have another one of these shows!

Attachments

• Product answers.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 541
  • survivor show.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 533
  • survivor ideas.doc
    23 KB · Views: 522
  • Purse game.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 639
Survivor Show Invites?I'm real excited about booking a Survivor Show party...I think I'll do it at my house first to get a grip on how it all goes...does anyone have any cool invitation ideas. I had listened to a CD from one of the conferences a couple years ago the director talking (Libby I believe her name was) has a theme book catalog and the Survivor was one of her shows and it had a great description on it....Does anyone have a copy of it they can send to me?

My email address is [email protected]

Any help with this and other theme parties is greatly appreciated. I would love to create a "theme party" book for my Hosts to pick and choose from...

Susan :)

Survivor InvitationI have a Survivor show on November 16 and created a simple invitation. I had it copied onto tan paper.

This is the first time I have tried to attach a file so hopefully I will get it to work.

If anyone has a show, please let me know your results. I'll do the same.

Rhonda B.

P. S. I think I'm finally getting the hang of getting bookings! I had only 4 people at a party on Wed.--2 booked and 1 may have a fund raiser for her Brownie troop! The show is at $300 w/some outside orders still coming. I'm so excited! This job does get easier, you just have to hang in there! We will also have the up w/the down. We just hope there are more up days! :)

Attachments

• Survivor invite II.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 496

What are the essential kitchen tools for a Survivor show?

Some essential kitchen tools for a Survivor show include a knife, cutting board, pot/pan, fire starter, and a water filter.

How can I make sure my food stays fresh during the show?

To ensure that your food stays fresh during the show, invest in airtight containers and ziplock bags, and try to find a cool, dry place to store your food.

What are some easy and quick meal options for a Survivor show?

Some easy and quick meal options for a Survivor show include canned beans, rice, quinoa, dehydrated vegetables, and energy bars.

How can I make a fire without a lighter or matches?

You can make a fire without a lighter or matches by using a fire starter tool, rubbing sticks together, or using a magnifying glass to focus the sun's rays.

What are some tips for staying organized while cooking on a Survivor show?

To stay organized while cooking on a Survivor show, try to plan your meals ahead of time, keep your cooking area clean and organized, and label your food and containers to avoid confusion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • carriemarks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies