• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious and Healthy Appetizer Ideas for Your Next Show - No Steamer Needed!

In summary, the host would like a healthy, light appetizer and recommends the strawberry bruschetta and fresh pineapple salsa recipes.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
A host would like a healthy, light appetizer. What have you had success with at your shows in this category? Any suggestions would be really helpful- I'm at a loss! (I do not have a steamer for the wontons....bummer)

Does your host or ANYONE have a steamer? The wontons are really easy and yummy. I just made them for the first time this week and my husband ate most of the first batch and then my kids declared that they want them for their birthday party LOL

I don't own the PC steamer but I do have a stainless steel steamer that I used. If you can borrow one I'd just use that - it's not like it's a product that PC's is so much different than any other brand and besides, you can sell a lot of other products with that recipe other than the steamer (batter bowl, scoop, basting brush, measuring spoons, seasonings, etc.).

What about the strawberry bruschetta? That one is easy and yummy and fairly healthy.

I agree about borrowing a steamer for the wontons. YUM! LOVE these!

Another good recipe is the fresh pineapple salsa recipe.

I "fry" the wontons. But it only uses a little oil - so I am not sure if this defeats the whole healthy/light aspect!

Heat a wok or nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add 10 – 12 potstickers, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bottom is browned. Add 1/3 cup water, cover, and steam the dumplings until the liquid is absorbed (about 5 minutes). Remove and cook the remainder of the dumplings.

I think I was able to fit 20-22 in the 12" sklilet (if I remember correctly) and increased the water slightly - I think I used 1/2 cup water since I was increasing the qty by 50%.

So, even if you don't use this method for this host, it is an alternative way to cooking these.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out for some healthy and light appetizer suggestions. One of my go-to recipes for this category is a delicious and easy bruschetta. It's a crowd-pleaser and can be made with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Another option is to make a veggie platter with a homemade yogurt or hummus dip. It's a great way to incorporate more veggies into your diet and it's always a hit at my shows. If you're looking for something with a little more protein, you can try making mini quiches with a whole wheat crust and filling them with veggies and lean meats. I hope these suggestions help and let me know if you need any further ideas. Happy cooking!

1. What are some good recipes for beginners?

Some popular recipes for beginners include simple dishes like one-pot pastas, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker meals. You can also check out our website for a variety of easy and delicious recipes.

2. Can you recommend a kitchen tool for meal prep?

Our food chopper is a great tool for meal prep. It can quickly and easily chop vegetables, fruits, and herbs. It also has a storage lid so you can save your chopped ingredients for later.

3. What is a must-have item for baking?

A silicone baking mat is a must-have item for baking. It provides a non-stick surface for easy clean up and helps evenly distribute heat for perfect baking results.

4. Are there any products to help with portion control?

Yes, we have a variety of portion control tools such as our portion control scoops and portion control plates. These are great for those looking to manage their food intake and maintain a healthy diet.

5. What is the best tool for cutting fruits and vegetables?

Our vegetable slicer is a versatile tool for cutting fruits and vegetables. It has different blade inserts for slicing, julienning, and grating, making it easy to prep a variety of produce for your meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJeniLobdell
  • chefmomto3