1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need suggestions....

1. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

A host would like a healthy, light appetizer. What have you had success with at your shows in this category? Any suggestions would be really helpful- I'm at a loss! (I do not have a steamer for the wontons....bummer)

2. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

Does your host or ANYONE have a steamer? The wontons are really easy and yummy. I just made them for the first time this week and my husband ate most of the first batch and then my kids declared that they want them for their birthday party LOL

I don't own the PC steamer but I do have a stainless steel steamer that I used. If you can borrow one I'd just use that - it's not like it's a product that PC's is so much different than any other brand and besides, you can sell a lot of other products with that recipe other than the steamer (batter bowl, scoop, basting brush, measuring spoons, seasonings, etc.).

What about the strawberry bruschetta? That one is easy and yummy and fairly healthy.

Nov 11, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I agree about borrowing a steamer for the wontons. YUM! LOVE these!

Another good recipe is the fresh pineapple salsa recipe.

Nov 11, 2009
  4. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I "fry" the wontons. But it only uses a little oil - so I am not sure if this defeats the whole healthy/light aspect!

Heat a wok or nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add 10 – 12 potstickers, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bottom is browned. Add 1/3 cup water, cover, and steam the dumplings until the liquid is absorbed (about 5 minutes). Remove and cook the remainder of the dumplings.

I think I was able to fit 20-22 in the 12" sklilet (if I remember correctly) and increased the water slightly - I think I used 1/2 cup water since I was increasing the qty by 50%.

So, even if you don't use this method for this host, it is an alternative way to cooking these.

Nov 11, 2009
Have something to add?