• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need suggestions....

cookin to the top

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2008
A host would like a healthy, light appetizer. What have you had success with at your shows in this category? Any suggestions would be really helpful- I'm at a loss! (I do not have a steamer for the wontons....bummer)

MLinAZ

Gold Member
May 7, 2009
Does your host or ANYONE have a steamer? The wontons are really easy and yummy. I just made them for the first time this week and my husband ate most of the first batch and then my kids declared that they want them for their birthday party LOL

I don't own the PC steamer but I do have a stainless steel steamer that I used. If you can borrow one I'd just use that - it's not like it's a product that PC's is so much different than any other brand and besides, you can sell a lot of other products with that recipe other than the steamer (batter bowl, scoop, basting brush, measuring spoons, seasonings, etc.).

What about the strawberry bruschetta? That one is easy and yummy and fairly healthy.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I agree about borrowing a steamer for the wontons. YUM! LOVE these!

Another good recipe is the fresh pineapple salsa recipe.

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
I "fry" the wontons. But it only uses a little oil - so I am not sure if this defeats the whole healthy/light aspect!

Heat a wok or nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add 10 – 12 potstickers, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bottom is browned. Add 1/3 cup water, cover, and steam the dumplings until the liquid is absorbed (about 5 minutes). Remove and cook the remainder of the dumplings.

I think I was able to fit 20-22 in the 12" sklilet (if I remember correctly) and increased the water slightly - I think I used 1/2 cup water since I was increasing the qty by 50%.

So, even if you don't use this method for this host, it is an alternative way to cooking these.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefashleigh
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
KJP
Replies
Views