• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Setbacks with Pampered Chef: My Story

In summary, Kim Murdock is looking for a director to help her get back into the swing of things after she had a baby last year and had complications. She has contacted past hosts and is hoping that one of them can help her.
dollfangs
Silver Member
I joined Pampered Chef last September. I was very excited and had a wonderful month planned. Bang I was rear ended and had my shoulder in a sling for 2 weeks and then spent 2 weeks in therapy. I was disappointed not to get the wonderful bonus of all of the stoneware for qualifying in September but no biggie. I moved my first SS month to October. I earned my bonus and was on the way to getting the rest. Bang I entered the hospital on Nov. 1 and wound up having emergency surgery and spent 3 weeks in the hospital. I also missed all of December due to recovery. Ok so I missed all of my SS months except the first. This is ok. I also have more surgery scheduled for April and will miss all of May and part of June. I am able to meet the minimum requirements for 200 dollars every 2 months. After the surgery and recovery ( I even took advantage of seeing the girls at the doctor so much and now they order every season :) I was ready to go full speed again. Bang now I have more surgery related to the other ones. I will miss once again all of December and part of November. I will have enough in sales or can take a leave in December but after that, I really need some suggestions on how to get back in the swing of things. I have used my friends and family many times to help me stay active and they are all just about burned out. I need fresh hosts. I would talk to my director but she is in another state and I have only talked to her once. Any suggestions would be welcome. Sorry for the long post.

Could you do an Open House? Advertise that you're back in business. Walk your neighborhood, knock on doors, and invite everyone. Invite everyone from church. Invite your husband's co-workers and their wives.

Or you could do a craft fair or booth somewhere. For example, my hair stylist owns a very busy salon and offered for me to come and set up a table on a Saturday morning, which is their busiest time. I have yet to do it, but it's something!

Bless your heart! I'm so sorry to hear of all your calamities!

Hospitality Director?You mention your director is in another state, could you call her and see if she can set you up with a director in your area? I find our monthly cluster meetings so helpful, I can't imagine having a director in another state@

i'm sorry to hear about everything.. i pray it all turns out well.
---
you could make a list of all the local bridal shops/flower shops in your area and talk to each of them. ask them if they can offer a small packet of information about your biz to their customers.. maybe in exchange for like 10% off an order or something.

in the packets you could put a catalog, bridal shower/gift registry flyers, benefits flyer, and a biz card. maybe add in a "have a bridal shower through the PC and get a free gift!" coupon or something.. maybe give the bride a seasons best cookbook, a $15 FPV voucher, or even the celebrate plate (which if you had the shower, you could present to her as a thank you/congratulations gift.

i've heard so many success stories from people who do a TON of bridal shows/registries.. man, if i could tap into some of that!!!

I can understand about getting back into the swing of things...I had a baby last year and there were complications during the pregnancy so I slowed down quite a bit. I have noticed that it took a while to really get my business where it once was or at least close to it. First, ask your Director to set up a Hospitality Director for you and attend her monthly cluster meetings. Our meetings are a BIG help and very motivational. Second, an open house MAY help you out and is worth a try. I have recently gotten a mailing list of local areas (I have the info on how to do this at home but not with me) and will be sending out bulk mailings to addresses about me and my business. This may work and it may not but it is worth a try. I contacted several past Hosts and they were willing to help me. :) I generated a lot of NEW business from their shows. Don't give up, keep trying and it will work out in the end for you!

Kim Murdock
Future Director
[email protected]

Could you please email the information about how to send bulk mailings

bulk mailingscould you also please email me information on bulk mailings. :)
[email protected]

1. How did you personally overcome setbacks while working with Pampered Chef?

As with any job or business, setbacks are inevitable. However, what helped me overcome these setbacks was having a positive mindset and staying focused on my goals. I also leaned on my team and mentors for support and advice. Additionally, I continuously educated myself on the products and business strategies offered by Pampered Chef, which helped me find new ways to overcome challenges.

2. Can you provide an example of a setback you experienced while working with Pampered Chef and how you handled it?

One setback I faced was a decline in sales during the holiday season. I used this as an opportunity to analyze my target market and adjust my marketing strategies accordingly. I also reached out to my loyal customers and offered special promotions to entice them to purchase. This helped me not only recover from the setback, but also build stronger relationships with my customers.

3. How does Pampered Chef support its consultants in overcoming setbacks?

Pampered Chef has a strong support system for its consultants. They offer ongoing training and resources to help us stay updated on industry trends and strategies to overcome setbacks. They also have a network of experienced consultants who are always willing to share their knowledge and offer support and guidance to those facing challenges.

4. What advice do you have for new consultants facing setbacks in their Pampered Chef business?

My advice is to not let setbacks discourage you. Instead, use them as opportunities to learn and grow. Seek support and advice from your team and mentors, and stay focused on your goals. Continuously educate yourself on the products and business strategies offered by Pampered Chef to find new ways to overcome challenges.

5. How does overcoming setbacks with Pampered Chef contribute to personal growth?

Overcoming setbacks with Pampered Chef has contributed to my personal growth in many ways. It has taught me resilience, problem-solving skills, and the importance of having a positive mindset. It has also helped me become a better leader and mentor to my team, as I am able to share my experiences and help them overcome their own setbacks. Overall, it has helped me become a stronger and more confident individual both personally and professionally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef2you
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
chef2you
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • KellyM