• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Child's Daycare: Support Our Cause Through a Service Event

In summary, the daycare is looking for a way to fundraise without having to call it a "fundraiser". They had complaints about always having to fundraise, so they want to present it as a service. They are considering a catalog show, a cooking demo, or a dinner in no time cooking show fundraiser.
AbbyCookn4U
OK, my kids' daycare is willing to do a fundraiser, but they don't want it called a "fundraiser". They had several complaints that they were always raising money for something (weird since they haven't had a fundraiser since the fall of 2008 - other than a Silpada Jewelry one last spring that didn't get any orders), so they want it presented as a Service.

SO.... I need another way to present "my service" to the parents (and possible members of the church that runs the daycare) ????

Is it going to be just a catalog fundraiser, or are you doing a demo? If you're doing a demo, you could do Power Cooking or a Real Food Real Fast show, and advertise it to the parents as a cooking class for the busy parent.

I was planning to have it as more of a catalog show - but I like the idea of a Power Cooking clinic at the kick off!

It seems to me that the buying guests would want to know that a portion of the proceeds is going to the school. That's odd that they are not wanting to advertise it that way. LOLYou may have a hard time gathering parents together for a cooking demo since their drop off & pick up times are probably staggered and not all simultaneously like at an Elementary School.If all the parents are members of the church, you could do a Sunday Ice Cream Social after service one weekend. Freeze the rectangle stone in advance & they can do their own! :D You can display the 1 cup and 2 cup prep bowls with toppings, the ice cream scoop, 2 handy scrapers for mixing in the toppings on the cold stone, the food chopper for chopping nuts, the Easy Accent Decorator for putting whipped cream on top, the small micro cooker for melting chocolate, etc.If they are so against "fundraisers", they would probably be more apt to come to an Ice Cream Social where catalogs and order forms are available than to agree to come watch a cooking demo. Sad, but true! :(

I did a show for a kindergarten teacher a few years ago and she invited her parents (no kids) to her home for a "healthy snacks" show. I think I did 3 different snacks as a demo. With the "free" products, host special and half-price products, she got some PC tools for cooking projects she did in her classroom - some she would actually take to her classroom and any she paid a portion, she would take in as needed. The parents loved it!

I really didn't want to surprise anyone attending a "Kick-off" show by asking them to collect orders, so I've gone back to the chairperson suggesting a Dinner in No Time Cooking Show Fundraiser (I love showing the DCB) which would be advertised to both the daycare parents and the church members. The sample invite I created has a line at the bottom that states "Proceeds benefit Proise Care". This doesn't come right out and state it's a fundraiser, but I think it lets everyone know the purpose. We'll see if they like this idea better.

1. How do I find recipe suggestions for specific dietary restrictions?

You can use the search function on our website to filter recipes based on dietary restrictions. You can also reach out to our customer service team for personalized suggestions.

2. Can I request recipe suggestions for a specific kitchen tool or appliance?

Yes, you can visit our website and search for recipes that specifically use the tool or appliance you want to use. You can also reach out to our customer service team for recommendations.

3. How can I get suggestions for quick and easy meals?

We have a section on our website dedicated to quick and easy recipes. You can also search for recipes under 30 minutes or reach out to our customer service team for suggestions.

4. Are there any suggestions for kid-friendly meals?

We have a variety of recipes that are kid-friendly, including snacks, lunch ideas, and dinner meals. You can also reach out to our customer service team for suggestions based on your child's preferences.

5. How can I get suggestions for healthy meals?

We have a section on our website dedicated to healthy recipes, including options for specific dietary needs such as low-carb or vegetarian. You can also reach out to our customer service team for personalized recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
Back