• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales: Effective Tips for Recruiting and Selling with Flyers

In summary,Heather found a great flyer on CC and modified it to be more tailored to her neighborhood. She has been putting them up around her neighborhood, and has had a few taken down, but is determined to continue distributing them.
ponvn591
So I had put flyers around school before to get recruits and alot of people took a paper with my name and number but no calls about join PC, just ordering. I haven't been able to get shows bc I been busy with school, but I want to make a flyer so I am able to get people to order or even take a few catalogs and do a catalog show. Any suggestions what i should put on the flyer?

I found this on CC. I'm using it to take around to my neighbors, as well as posting in my local grocery stores.

Attachments

• neighborhoodflyer[1].doc
    537 KB · Views: 628
That is an awesome flyer, I have been looking for something like that to pass out around my neighborhood.

Just make sure when your making flyer's or anything to pass around that you put Independent Consultant. This flyer doesn't' have that and some things are miss spelled or worded wrong.

~Heather

I've used another flyer i found here and just modified it a bit. I wanted to post it on mailboxes in my area with pull tabs with my info. And to protect it from the rain, I put it in plastic page protector with the pull tabs where the opening is. I just made two cuts on each side of the page so the plastic could be lifted to grab the tags. I keep going around the neighbourhood to check and see if some tags are missing. I was ticked that a few of my flyers were actually taken down. who would do that???

here's the sample flyer

Attachments

• sample mailbox flyer.doc
    94 KB · Views: 540
CAPCnewbie said:
I've used another flyer i found here and just modified it a bit. I wanted to post it on mailboxes in my area with pull tabs with my info. And to protect it from the rain, I put it in plastic page protector with the pull tabs where the opening is. I just made two cuts on each side of the page so the plastic could be lifted to grab the tags. I keep going around the neighbourhood to check and see if some tags are missing. I was ticked that a few of my flyers were actually taken down. who would do that???

here's the sample flyer

The postman! ;) I did door-to-door flyers one year for a neighborhood garage sale. The postman brought me ONE flyer and informed me that it was a federal offense to put anything on/in a mailbox that wasn't stamped & processed by the postal service. :eek: I had NO idea!!! (Of course it drove me batty that he didn't tell me WHICH house he'd taken the flyer from ... so I had no idea who was omitted from the neighborhood sale.)

I had heard they woudl do that too but the funny thing is that the same postman delivers to all the boxes in my neighbourhood and there are alot of flyers still on the boxes. So I'm sure he wouldnt remove one and not the others
I also delivered 100 mini cats and flyers to houses in the area but nothing has come of it as of yet.

You can't depend on flyers to recruit or book shows. You need to TALK to people to do that. A flyer just gets the word out that you're a consultant, but it isn't a "call to action" for anyone to do anything (more than likely, you'll get a lot of calls about returns, instead!). See if you can set up an open house in a community area and invite everyone to that, and then talk about the opportunity and booking shows. That's the only thing that works - personal contact. Don't waste your time and money with flyers, IMO.

A flyer just gets the word out that you're a consultant
that was exactly my goal with the flyers. I run into alot of people who say they have heard about the Pampered Chef but didnt know anyone who sells it. I just wanted to get my name out there so people in my area woudl know there is someone close by if they have an interest. I think anyway you market yourself still brings benefits.

CAPCnewbie said:

here's the sample flyer

Don't put it on the mailbox. You could get in trouble.

As for who would do that? Someone that doesn't want the trashy look that flyers posted on mailboxes gives an area. I imagine it doesn't look a whole lot better than all the flyers posted to neighborhood signs and light poles.

Does your neighborhood have an approved place for posting signs and flyers? If not, go into your neighborhood grocery store. They almost always have a place there.

I just got back from going around to the houses nearest to me with a neighborhood flyer. I didn't leave any if no one answered the door (or if they weren't washing their car. Apparently tonight was car wash night!)...but let anyone who answered the door know that there's a PC Consultant in the neighborhood. Got several, "I'll give this to my wife/mom", and one gal came up to the door and basically pushed her husband out of the way to let me know she was really glad to know there's a consultant the next street over! We're somewhat in the country, so walking the whole neighborhood will take a while, but I got a few streets done tonight!

Sheila said:
The postman! ;) I did door-to-door flyers one year for a neighborhood garage sale. The postman brought me ONE flyer and informed me that it was a federal offense to put anything on/in a mailbox that wasn't stamped & processed by the postal service. :eek: I had NO idea!!! (Of course it drove me batty that he didn't tell me WHICH house he'd taken the flyer from ... so I had no idea who was omitted from the neighborhood sale.)

I know you can't put anything in another person's mailbox, but I didn't realize there was anything wrong with putting something on the outside. Darn, I've misinformed alot of people over the years, haha!:blushing:

vonfirmath said:
Don't put it on the mailbox. You could get in trouble.

As for who would do that? Someone that doesn't want the trashy look that flyers posted on mailboxes gives an area. I imagine it doesn't look a whole lot better than all the flyers posted to neighborhood signs and light poles.

Does your neighborhood have an approved place for posting signs and flyers? If not, go into your neighborhood grocery store. They almost always have a place there.

Now that I think about it, I have to agree. If there's something on my mailbox, I'm just annoyed, never interested. Personally, you'd have a better (though slim) chance by coming to my door and talking to me than you ever would sticking something on my mailbox. Which is why we now have Schwann's service and The Lawn Man. ;)

CAPCnewbie said:
that was exactly my goal with the flyers. I run into alot of people who say they have heard about the Pampered Chef but didnt know anyone who sells it. I just wanted to get my name out there so people in my area woudl know there is someone close by if they have an interest. I think anyway you market yourself still brings benefits.

But, and I'm saying this from experience because I did the same things you did, this will not bring you any business. People will just go "oh, so-and-so sells PC", and that's it. They will not call you to book a show, they will not call you to become a consultant - that part is up to you. If you can get a phone book and look up everyone's numbers, and call them and ask them if they got your flyer and did they need anything/want to book a show/become a consultant, then you could follow up and make something of the flyers. But, if you're just posting them all over a neighborhood and not following up, you may as well have just thrown them all in the trash. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to get my point across. I've been in the business for 6 years, and have attempted to put flyers out numerous times, with absolutely nothing to show for it except empty laser printer ink cartridges.

cathyskitchen said:
But, and I'm saying this from experience because I did the same things you did, this will not bring you any business. People will just go "oh, so-and-so sells PC", and that's it. They will not call you to book a show, they will not call you to become a consultant - that part is up to you. If you can get a phone book and look up everyone's numbers, and call them and ask them if they got your flyer and did they need anything/want to book a show/become a consultant, then you could follow up and make something of the flyers. But, if you're just posting them all over a neighborhood and not following up, you may as well have just thrown them all in the trash. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to get my point across. I've been in the business for 6 years, and have attempted to put flyers out numerous times, with absolutely nothing to show for it except empty laser printer ink cartridges.

This is so true. It's not being mean, it's just the way it is. ;)

pampchefsarah said:
I know you can't put anything in another person's mailbox, but I didn't realize there was anything wrong with putting something on the outside. Darn, I've misinformed alot of people over the years, haha!:blushing:

Crazy, huh? I can't remember which one, but one of the Pampered Chef training videos has the consultant telling a potential host that she'll put a catalog in her mailbox. I was watching the video & saying "NOOOO!" :eek: I wonder how many PC consultants get caught & are in trouble for doing that?

Sheila said:
Crazy, huh? I can't remember which one, but one of the Pampered Chef training videos has the consultant telling a potential host that she'll put a catalog in her mailbox. I was watching the video & saying "NOOOO!" :eek: I wonder how many PC consultants get caught & are in trouble for doing that?

Speaking as a letter-carrier, I see personal notes in boxes often, and I never say anything, but if obvious business flyers are on or in the box, I am obligated to let my supervisor know.
If a catalog is left in a plain envelope with the person's name on the outside and no address posted, I would leave it in the box as I would assume it is just a personal note and not solicitations.

cathyskitchen said:
You can't depend on flyers to recruit or book shows. You need to TALK to people to do that. A flyer just gets the word out that you're a consultant, but it isn't a "call to action" for anyone to do anything (more than likely, you'll get a lot of calls about returns, instead!). See if you can set up an open house in a community area and invite everyone to that, and then talk about the opportunity and booking shows. That's the only thing that works - personal contact. Don't waste your time and money with flyers, IMO.

I totally agree!

I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to get my point across.

I didnt think your statement was mean at all. Thats why I love this site so much! I get awesome ideas and fabulous suppport whenever i have a question or need help with my business.

As I understand it, the mailbox is federal property so you can't just put a bunch of stuff in there; however, you can post items on the POST of the mailbox without federal offense. We get these flyers with thumbtacks all the time. I've also seen large, pre-printed post-it notes put on the post of the mailbox. People just drive around and put those up real quick. It'd have to be a not-so-windy day but I think that's the easiest way.I, too, have had little luck with flyers although I have developed a working relationship with a neighbor through her response to a flyer. She orders and hosts small catalog shows and comes to my open houses. All from a flyer so give it a try.....

1. What are some easy and quick meal ideas for busy weeknights?

One suggestion would be to try using our Quick Cooker. It can make meals in a fraction of the time compared to traditional cooking methods. You can also check out our recipe library for simple and delicious meal ideas.

2. I'm looking for healthier options. What are some healthy recipes?

We have a variety of healthy recipes available on our website, including options for special dietary needs such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb. You can also filter recipes by specific ingredients to find ones that fit your dietary preferences.

3. Can you recommend any tools or gadgets to make meal prep easier?

Absolutely! We have a wide selection of kitchen tools and gadgets that can make meal prep a breeze. Some popular options include our vegetable chopper, garlic press, and food chopper. You can also browse our "Meal Prep Essentials" section for more ideas.

4. I'm hosting a party and need some appetizer ideas. Any suggestions?

We have a variety of appetizer recipes on our website that are perfect for parties. Some popular options include our mini quiches, spinach and artichoke dip, and stuffed mushrooms. You can also check out our "Party Pleasers" section for more ideas.

5. I'm new to cooking. Can you recommend any beginner-friendly recipes?

We have a whole collection of recipes specifically designed for beginners. These recipes are simple and easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips. You can also watch our cooking videos for additional guidance and tips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jengillette
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Xpalidocious