• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Sugar-Free Dessert Can I Prepare for a Diabetic Guest?

In summary, the host's diabetic friend told her to stay away from carbs and refined sugars and to use sugar free puddings, sugar free vanilla wafers, sugar free cool whip, low-fat milk. Trish in Texas prepared a trifle using sugar free puddings, sugar free vanilla wafers, sugar free cool whip, low-fat milk and sugar free angel food cake mix.
J.Corley
Help I have a diabetic host and she wants a sugar free dessert and I don't know the first one. I need one that is a decent demo too.

HELP!!!

How about Apple-Berry Salsa with cinnamon chips? You can make cinnamon tortilla chips using cinnamon-splenda instead of cinnamon-sugar, and use an all-fruit version of apricot jam instead of regular. Other than that, it's all just fruit (and super tasty!).

I was going to make the same recommendation as Ann.

However, my MIL makes a trifle for a diabetic friend. She uses sugar free vanilla and chocolate ppudding, layers with strawberries, Sugar free graham crackers, and cool whip (I think they make a sugar free cool whip).

Its really tasty and no one knows its sugar free, except for her friend who's diabetic!

ooh- that would be good, too.

Ask her what she usually does for dessert, and see if that sparks something. Sometimes it's just a matter of using a sugar-free brownie mix (or whatever) instead of regular. My suggestion with the fruit is because then they're at least getting some vitamins from the fruit, even though the fruit itself is loaded with natural sugars.

Ok, I asked the host what she normally did and she said that she was just told last week by her DR she had diabetis. She said she was told to stay away from carbs and refined sugars. How do Splenda recipes turn out?

J.Corley said:
Ok, I asked the host what she normally did and she said that she was just told last week by her DR she had diabetis. She said she was told to stay away from carbs and refined sugars. How do Splenda recipes turn out?

I know a lot of people who use Splenda and they all love it in their recipes...

It depends - Splenda will work more like real sugar than other artificial sweeteners, but can still give inconsistent results (That's from a magazine article - not my personal experience).

My husband is diabetic. I have taken Banana Pudding in the Trifle Bowl to Church Events, etc. Everybody raves over it because it looks so good (and tastes great too). Just use sugar-free puddings, sugar-free vanilla wafers, sugar-free cool whip, low-fat milk.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I don't have the Apple Berry Salsa. Does anyone have that file?

It's in the old Classics book.

I don't have my books with me (I'm at work), but generally, it's:

2 granny smith apples
1 lb. strawberries
1 kiwi fruit
2 tablespoons apricot jam
1 orange (I like it with lime)

Peel, core and slice apples with APCS. Chop using Food chopper. Wash and hull strawberries. Slice with Egg Slicer Plus and cut into small pieces. Combine apples and strawberries with apricot jam. Peel, slice and chop kiwi into small pieces; add to fruit mixture. Zest orange; add to mixture. Juice 1/2 orange and add to mixture as well. Stir to combine. Serve with graham crackers or cinnamon tortilla chips.

How about this recipe. I could do an angel food cake in the bar pan, spead in sugar free preserves or jam (whatever is out there), the mix together sugar free lemon pudding and sugar free whipped topping. Layer that mixture on top of the preserves and roll it up. I know the angel food has some sugar but maybe this would work.
What do you all think?

I think if you did that, you'd need to find a sugar-free angel food cake.

Not sure if there is a sugar free Angel Food cake mix but my mom has been diabetic for years and she has always enjoyed regular Angel Food cake, I think it is the lowest sugar cake mix but you could try and find a sugar free scratch recipe if there is such a thing.

Last edited:
How did your show go? What did you end up preparing?

1. How can I make a sugar-free dessert taste good?

There are many natural sugar substitutes such as stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol that can be used in place of sugar in desserts. You can also experiment with adding in flavorful ingredients like fresh fruit, spices, and extracts to enhance the taste.

2. Are there any sugar-free dessert recipes that are easy to make?

Yes, there are plenty of simple and delicious sugar-free dessert recipes available. Some popular options include sugar-free cheesecake, chocolate avocado mousse, and no-bake energy balls. You can also find many recipe ideas on our website or in our Pampered Chef cookbook.

3. Can I use regular flour in sugar-free dessert recipes?

Yes, you can still use regular flour in sugar-free dessert recipes. However, if you are looking for a healthier option, you can try using whole wheat flour or almond flour instead. You can also find gluten-free flour options for those with dietary restrictions.

4. Are there any sugar-free dessert options for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are many sugar-free dessert options for people with dietary restrictions such as diabetes, gluten intolerance, or dairy allergies. Our website and cookbook offer a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs.

5. Can I use sugar-free sweeteners in place of sugar in all dessert recipes?

While sugar-free sweeteners can be used in most dessert recipes, some recipes may require a specific type of sugar for texture or consistency. It's always best to follow a recipe that is specifically designed to be sugar-free, or consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for personalized recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedposey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jchesley
Replies