• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Steak Recipes for Trish in Texas!

In summary, Trish recommends steak recipes with bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, Dijon, and black pepper. She also suggests using cornstarch to make the sauce for the potatoes easier to mash.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
Can anyone recommend good steak recipes? At my festival this weekend, one of the soldiers I met wanted steak recipes. I think I can recommend rubs along with the recipes but also need other suggestions. Thanks.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I originally got this one online...so I dont know exactly where it orginated from...but it is SUPER TASTY!

Bourbon and Brown Sugar Flank Steak with Garlic-Chive Mashed Potatoes:

Pork tenderloin will also work in this recipe.

Steak:
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
Cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch

Potatoes:
3 pounds small red potatoes
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives

Garnish:
8 fresh chives, cut into 1-inch pieces

To prepare steak, combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade.

Prepare grill.

Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.

Combine reserved marinade and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.

To prepare potatoes, place potatoes and garlic in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.

Return potatoes and garlic to pan, and place over medium heat. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash potato mixture to desired consistency with a potato masher. Stir in chopped chives. Mound 3/4 cup potatoes on each of 8 plates; arrange 3 ounces steak around each serving of potatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce on each plate; sprinkle with chive pieces, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings

Fajitas would work well too!

What type of steak is best for grilling?

For grilling, we recommend using a cut of steak that is tender and well-marbled, such as ribeye, New York strip, or filet mignon. These cuts will give you the juiciest and most flavorful results.

Do I need any special tools or equipment for these recipes?

No, you don't need any special tools or equipment. However, we do recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure your steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness.

How long should I let the steak rest before slicing?

After grilling, it's important to let your steak rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and flavorful steak.

What are some recommended side dishes to serve with these steak recipes?

Some delicious side dishes to pair with your steak could include grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a fresh salad. You could also try serving your steak with a homemade chimichurri or béarnaise sauce.

Can I use these recipes for cooking steak in the oven or on the stovetop?

While these recipes are specifically designed for grilling, you could certainly adapt them for cooking steak in the oven or on the stovetop. Just be sure to adjust the cooking times and methods accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Curlyone
  • Trish in Texas