• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving a Dilemma: Shortening a Show to Fit Between Church

I usually have a lot of product left over from those shows, so I usually offer it to the host's customers as a way of saying thank you. I would say do as much prep work as you possibly can. I know that's hard for the ice cream portion of it. Or buy the ingredients yourself and have the host pay you. Then you can do a lot of prep work during other times of the day. That's just one suggestion!I have done one show on a Sunday in between church services. My church doesn't start at 5 though! Hey, if your a little late for church its not a huge deal. The preaching doesn't normally start for about a half hour after church
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
I have a show on sunday afternoon between church. The party starts at 2 and is about 30 minutes from where I live. It wouldnt be much of a problem except my church starts at 5!! My shows usually last about 1 1/2 hours or so depending on the attendance. any ideas on how to shorten it? we are doing the ice cream sandwich torte and zesty crab salad in cucumber boats. neither take long to prepare but I am really nervous. I dont want to interfere in anybodys church services. thanks in advance.

I would say do as much prep work as you possibly can. I know that's hard for the ice cream portion of it. Or buy the ingredients yourself and have the host pay you. Then you can do a lot of prep work during other times of the day. That's just one suggestion!

i am buying the ingrediants for the cucumber boats. i guess i will just have to talk really fast. but when i do that i end up really confused!! i dont know...it will be ok...i will get it rolling and it will come out good. i just have to stay positivie!! thanks for the advice.

I have done one show on a Sunday in between church services. My church doesn't start at 5 though! Hey, if your a little late for church its not a huge deal. The preaching doesn't normally start for about a half hour after church starts anyway. :p Don't sweat it. I tell people I don't do shows on Sundays. The only reason I did that one time was it was a rescheduled show and that was the only time she could do it.

Ice cream torteI've done the ice cream torte (which was a big hit) and my best advice is to make sure all the ice cream sandwiches are unwrapped ahead of time (you could even ask your hostess to do this, and put them back, unwrapped in the freezer). That takes up a lot of unnesessary time.

D.C.

thanks for the advice. I have made the torte many times at home and at shows...its amazing!!! the only reason i agreed to do a show on sunday is because this woman used to be my sons sunday school teacher and i have known her for years. i dont think i will be offering anymore though. we cant be late for church because my husband is the song leader for the congregation and we usually sing the specials also so we have to be there. the good thing is i am familiar with both recipes so i should be able to breeze through ok. how was your attendance on sunday afternoons? i am a little worried that the attendance wont be to good. i worry to much!!!

I have had one show on a Sunday afternoon. I did it on Sunday because it was for my future sister-in-law. Anyway, I made everything ahead of time and just talked about the products. I passed the products around the room so the guests (there were 4 counting the host) could touch everything and I shared tips for the various items. It seemed to work pretty well. The host had quite a few outside orders and did most of the selling for me after that Sunday. I don't usually do Sunday shows, but this one was OK.

Sunday showsI have had really great experiences with Sunday shows. We usually schedule them around 1 or 2:00, after people have had morning service and had time to come home and change, or whatever they need to do. Saturdays, it seems to me, that lots of times people have the kids activities planned....ball practice, ball games, etc. I guess you just need to find out what works best for you...

I think Sunday afternoons are great!I have had great luck with my Sunday shows that start around 2p.m. People really seem relaxed and happy when they come to those shows. They are feeling good from going to church & they usually have just eaten a nice meal.

1. How can I effectively shorten a Pampered Chef show to fit between church services?

One effective way to shorten a Pampered Chef show is to focus on the most popular and essential products. This will allow you to demonstrate a variety of products while still keeping the show to a manageable length.

2. Is it possible to still have a successful show if it's shortened?

Yes, it is possible to have a successful show even if it's shortened. The key is to prioritize and focus on the most important parts of the show, such as product demonstrations and customer testimonials.

3. How can I keep the energy and excitement high during a shortened show?

To keep the energy and excitement high, try to engage the audience as much as possible. Encourage them to participate in product demonstrations and ask questions. You can also use high-energy music and incorporate interactive elements into the show.

4. What should I do if I have to cut out certain parts of the show?

If you have to cut out certain parts of the show, it's important to communicate with your audience and let them know why the show is being shortened. You can also offer to schedule a separate follow-up consultation or demonstration for any products that were not featured in the shortened show.

5. Are there any specific products that work well for a shortened show?

Products that are easy to demonstrate and have a high appeal to a wide audience are great for a shortened show. Examples include kitchen tools, cookware, and food items that can be prepared quickly and easily.

Back