• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Microwave Ovens and Micro-Cookers

In summary, I found that the customer should cook the beans for 6 minutes, and they can also cook them in the microwave for 5 minutes.
mrssyvo
At my last show, we were discussing the micro-cooker, and someone complained that she tried to fix fresh green beans in her micro-cooker, and they over cooked- she wanted to know if there was a wattage issue, if some microwave ovens were too hot for the micro-cooker - I told her I had not run into that problem before, but I would look into it. I searched the threads, and nothing has been mentioned. Any suggestions?

The micro-cooker is great for cooking vegetables. I would tell this customer to make sure she dosent cook the beans for too long.
I know from reading the use and care that it only takes 6 min. to cook raw carrots! Thats fast.
Also there is no wattage issue. "micro cookers are ideal for use in all types and sizes of microwave ovens
HTH.

Micro-Cooker WattageOur microwave is newer and cooks everything much faster than the old one we had. I suggest you check tenderness half-way through the cooking process. :)

sometimes it only take a few second to have vegeteble cooked. Make sure that she check the amount she cook at ones. Because it wont take as much time for one person then if she was cooking for a family of 4.

Important rule to remember when cooking green beans (and wax beans):

when using the large micro-cooker there should only be about 1/4 (and never more than 1/3) cup of water for a pound of beans.

Perfect Beans directions: Wash, snip ends and cut into 1-inch pieces. Microwave (with the 1/4 c. water) on high for 6 minutes. Stir. Set aside for about a minute, uncovered. Microwave and additional 5 minutes. Set aside, <b>keeping covered</b> for 1 minute, THEN test. If they aren't done, microwave an additional 2 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 1 minute. Drain.

Forgot to add: after draining, put a pat of butter on top and allow to melt.

These are great when tossed with toasted almonds & a little lemon juice OR crispy bacon cubes & fried diced onions OR sliced green onions (a.k.a. spring onions, scallions) and about 1/2 TBSP horseradish

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I know if my microwave oven or micro-cooker is not working properly?

The most common signs of a malfunctioning microwave oven or micro-cooker include unusual noises, uneven heating, or failure to turn on. If you experience any of these issues, it is recommended to stop using the appliance and have it checked by a professional.

2. My microwave oven is not heating food evenly. What could be the problem?

Uneven heating can be caused by a number of factors, such as incorrect power settings, a faulty magnetron, or a damaged waveguide cover. It is best to consult the user manual or contact customer service for troubleshooting steps specific to your model.

3. Can I use metal containers or utensils in my microwave oven or micro-cooker?

No, metal should not be used in microwave ovens as it can cause sparks and potentially damage the appliance. It is best to use microwave-safe containers and utensils made of glass, ceramic, or plastic.

4. What should I do if my microwave oven or micro-cooker is not turning on at all?

If the appliance is completely unresponsive, first check the power outlet to make sure it is working. If the outlet is functioning, there may be an issue with the fuse or the door switch. It is recommended to contact customer service for further assistance.

5. How often should I clean my microwave oven or micro-cooker?

It is important to clean your microwave oven or micro-cooker regularly to prevent buildup of food particles and grease. It is recommended to wipe down the interior after each use and perform a deep cleaning at least once a month. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and use only approved cleaning products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefLAM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Kandio