• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting a New Career as a PC Consultant: My Journey and Challenges

make sure they know to bring their catalog, and to ask any questions they may have about your show. It sounds like you are taking all the necessary steps to ensure that your shows are a success. Keep up the good work!
carriemc
I wrote a little while ago to find out the pros and cons about being a PC consultant. Well I've decided to go ahead and try it. I figure there isn't much to lose if it doesn't go well or if it's something that I end up not enjoying. But with that said, I'm really trying to do the best I can getting bookings and up until this morning I felt like I was doing o.k. I'm not sure what changed, but I was thinking about it this morning and I started to feel that maybe I'm not doing as well as I thought.

I have 2 catalog shows going but other than that nothing has started yet. I also have 1 kitchen show booked for July 29th. I have 1 more catalog show in the works, but that hasn't started yet. I have 2 people who definitely want to do kitchen shows, but we haven't booked dates yet. I'll be having my own kitchen show at the end of July but I'm not sure there will be that many people to invite, plus I'm a little worried about it because I have an 11 month old daughter and if she decides not to sleep well that night, then running a kitchen show will be very difficult.

I knew going into this that I wouldn't have much friend and family support, because I don't know a lot of people and all of my family is out of state. To get around this I've started looking into town fairs, flea markets, and bridal expos. I'm excited about having booths at these events, but none of them have happened yet, so I kind of feel stagnant at this point.

I should be getting my kit this week, so I can at least play with the products and start making recipes to get ready for my first kitchen shows.

Have any of you experienced this kind of situation?

Don't get discouragedWe all have our ups and downs, and doubts. It sounds like you are taking the right steps to launch your business. Getting your name "out there" is very important. And remember, it only takes one good show to put your business in high gear! I was a little slow getting bookings around last December. I had an acquaintance book a show for January. Well, it was my first $1000 show, and I got great bookings and more bookings from that show! It only takes ONE!!

As far as having an 11 month old...I can relate. I started my business nearly a year ago. My daughter was 1 at that time. You are right. At times it can be challenging finding time to get things done. But you can do it. What seems to work for me is working in little "spurts." I know that lots of consultants set aside a "power hour" to work, or have set hours to work. I cannot do that with such young children. Rather, whenever I can catch 10-15 minutes, I work in spurts. It may take longer to get some things done, but at least I get them done. Find what works for you....this is YOUR business. You set the rules!

You just got started! And so far, it seems like you're doing all the right things.

I'm just starting too. I plan to give it 6 months, and if it isn't picking up by then, THEN I will get discouraged! Give it some more time and then see how it's going.

:)That doesn't sound bad at all! Sounds like you are on the road to success! Instead of focusing on the bookings you "Don't" have, try to focus on how many you DO have! Focus on how you can do your best for those catalogue shows and kitchen shows that you have in the works right now. Your effort and excitement will show when you help your catalogue customers, and when you do your shows. Your excitement will also spread, as more people hear about the products and how great they are, then more people will book as well!

Also, for catalogue shows, do up a little special to try to get some bookings out of them. I always put a sticker on the front of the catalogues that the catalogue hostess hands out that says "Book a Show from ________'s catalogue show, and receive $5 off of your order at YOUR show!"

Also, tell your hostess that you need as much information about the people who ordered as possible. If you have their phone number, email or address, you can contact them to say "It's Michelle calling from The Pampered Chef. Thanks so much for placing your order at __________'s catalogue show. I just wanted to check in with you to make sure that you are happy with your new products, and to see if there are any questions that you may have." Then say "I also wanted to let you know that because ________'s show did XXXX$ in sales, she received $95 in free products, 3 half price items, discount, etc. It is very easy to do a catalogue show or host a fun show of your own at home, and you can get these great benefits from this as well!"

That's what I do anyways. Hope it might help you out! :) Good Luck!! :p

Michelle

Pampered Partner will also produce a letter that basically says what Michelle suggested. It uses mail merge so you can print out a letter for each customer to include with their receipt. I also like that it points out the 30 day return policy. ;)

Paula in TN

pelamm said:
Pampered Partner will also produce a letter that basically says what Michelle suggested. It uses mail merge so you can print out a letter for each customer to include with their receipt. I also like that it points out the 30 day return policy. ;)

Paula in TN

Hey Paula! How exactly do you do that? Can you walk me through the steps please? I created my own letter in PP in Letter Editor but if there is an easier way, then I'm all for it!

Thanks in advance~!

Kristi,

I will have to post it after I get back from my "jobby-job" tonight. I have something odd going on with the computer that is making me have to reload PP each time I want to use it. :( It may be related to the spyware blocker on our computer, I am not sure yet. Of course, by the time I get home, someone may have posted the steps. All I know is I was messing around, and found the form letters, and it zapped in all the pertinent info, like their name, the hostess' name, my info, and how much free product the hostess got. There was a similar one for the hostess that had a PS at the bottom telling how much she would have made if she had been the consultant doing the show.

Like I said, if no one gets to it before me, I will let you know tonight.

Paula in TN

Are you talking about the thank you to the host that is under "reports" in PP? The one I use I click on the "reports" icon in PP and a list comes up of all the different reports. There is one called "thank you". If you click on it it will explain what it is on the right. If you double click on it a box will come up of all the shows you've done. You pick which show host you want the thank you to go to and it pulls up a letter right there that has already put in their name, how much in sales, ect. Its really easy. As far as a thank you letter to the guests, I use one that someone posted on this website awhile ago. Is that the one you're talking about Paula?

I do print the thank you letter already in PP and I created one for guests but thought if there was an easier way (Paula has me intrigued) then I would love to see how she does it! Thanks everyone!

Spyware Blocker interfering with P.Partner
pelamm said:
Kristi,

I will have to post it after I get back from my "jobby-job" tonight. I have something odd going on with the computer that is making me have to reload PP each time I want to use it. :( It may be related to the spyware blocker on our computer, I am not sure yet. Of course, by the time I get home, someone may have posted the steps. All I know is I was messing around, and found the form letters, and it zapped in all the pertinent info, like their name, the hostess' name, my info, and how much free product the hostess got. There was a similar one for the hostess that had a PS at the bottom telling how much she would have made if she had been the consultant doing the show.

Like I said, if no one gets to it before me, I will let you know tonight.

Paula in TN

Paula,
Do you use AOL? There is a file that AOL spyware blocker thinks is a potential threat and will block it each time AOL SB runs. Then, when you try to run Pampered Partner, you receive an error message about not finding a file, and the program will now terminate. ----- When you get that message, write down the name of the file it cannot find (no thanks to AOL deleting on your behalf). Then you can go into the options settings and set that file to be ignored/accepted during each scan.
Hope this helps!
Rita

SBinkley said:
We all have our ups and downs, and doubts. It sounds like you are taking the right steps to launch your business. Getting your name "out there" is very important. And remember, it only takes one good show to put your business in high gear! I was a little slow getting bookings around last December. I had an acquaintance book a show for January. Well, it was my first $1000 show, and I got great bookings and more bookings from that show! It only takes ONE!!

As far as having an 11 month old...I can relate. I started my business nearly a year ago. My daughter was 1 at that time. You are right. At times it can be challenging finding time to get things done. But you can do it. What seems to work for me is working in little "spurts." I know that lots of consultants set aside a "power hour" to work, or have set hours to work. I cannot do that with such young children. Rather, whenever I can catch 10-15 minutes, I work in spurts. It may take longer to get some things done, but at least I get them done. Find what works for you....this is YOUR business. You set the rules!

i totally agree. I am a stay at home mom with three kids 7,5 and 4. All of my family lives out of state as well but my husbands family is here. Some have had shows and some want to. It is hard to have the little ones there..but so much more rewarding than leaving them at a baby sitters. I usually work while they are eatiang breakfast and lunch and during nap time and when my husband gets home. He is a huge part of my business. I joke and tell people he is my advertising manager since he makes my flyers and has made a trifold brochure wiht my pic and all on it. So my advice is work when its conveniant.

getting bookingsHi,
Getting started is tough in the summer, but you could ask at a school near you if you could set up a table by the office and make cookies on the stone and just let parents know that you are a mom starting your own business and maybe you could offer the Medium Bar Pan for the price of the day they book their show on like September 5th cost $5.
or offer to do a fundraiser ---- Send a fundraiser letter to all of the schools and sports organizations in your city or town you live in.
I hope this helps you!
and just keep in mind that Starting October it is the busiest season up till December people are Christmas shopping

Bev (toolady)
Woodstock

keep your chin upSummer is a hard time to start. However, Septembers specials will make it easier to get going. Make sure to call at least two people a week. The worst they can say is NO. If you don't ask you already have a NO. So you have a 50% chance of a yes. Remember that maybe sometimes means yes.

We all need encouragement sometimes. I hope this helps and keep going.

Christol

christol7 said:
Summer is a hard time to start. However, Septembers specials will make it easier to get going. Make sure to call at least two people a week. The worst they can say is NO. If you don't ask you already have a NO. So you have a 50% chance of a yes. Remember that maybe sometimes means yes.

We all need encouragement sometimes. I hope this helps and keep going.

Christol
Great advice Christol!

The Home Office watches the trends of our business and that is why they had two great recruiting promotions back to back this summer - they usually aren't that close together! The summer isn't always this hard on us but I think all those 90 and 100 degree days have a lot to do with it! Fall will be tremendous both because of the great specials we're offering and because people will be hungry for our parties! :)

1. How can I get more motivation to stay on track with my healthy eating goals?

One great way to stay motivated is to surround yourself with like-minded individuals. Join a support group or find an online community where you can share your progress and receive encouragement from others. Additionally, setting realistic and achievable goals, rewarding yourself for progress, and reminding yourself of the benefits of healthy eating can also help with motivation.

2. What are some easy and healthy snack options for when I need a quick pick-me-up?

Some quick and healthy snack options include fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, hummus and whole grain crackers, Greek yogurt with berries, and homemade energy balls or bars. These snacks are not only nutritious, but also provide sustained energy to keep you going throughout the day.

3. How can I overcome the temptation to indulge in unhealthy foods when I'm feeling stressed or emotional?

Emotional eating can be a difficult habit to break, but one effective strategy is to find alternative ways to cope with stress or emotions, such as exercise, journaling, or talking to a friend. It's also helpful to plan ahead and have healthy snacks or meals readily available to avoid turning to unhealthy options. Practicing mindfulness and being aware of your emotions and triggers can also help prevent emotional eating.

4. What are some resources for finding healthy and delicious recipes?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of healthy recipes on our website, as well as in our cookbooks and through our consultants. You can also find a wealth of healthy recipes online through websites like Cooking Light, EatingWell, and Skinnytaste. Don't be afraid to experiment with new ingredients and flavors to find healthy recipes that you enjoy.

5. How can I transition to a healthier diet without feeling overwhelmed or deprived?

One approach to transitioning to a healthier diet is to make small, gradual changes. Start by incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your meals, replacing unhealthy snacks with healthier options, and gradually reducing your intake of processed foods and added sugars. It's also important to focus on the positive benefits of healthy eating, rather than feeling deprived, and to allow yourself occasional indulgences in moderation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RaniaTreadwell
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristine2011
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
Replies