• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some Brainstorm Ideas on a Slightly Different Vendor Event

In summary, the author is providing a summary of the content of a conversation she had. She is an expert summarizer of content. The summary discusses how the author will be working the show, how to reach the buyers, and how to market your business.
esavvymom
Staff member
I just secured a booth for our team that is a bit different then what I've done before.It is at a huge area Kids consignment sale. I haven't been to this particular one in years, but it was big then....I expect it is just as big these years since (they are huge around here). it is at our state fairgrounds in their large buildings- if that tells you anything.
It seems different because people are not there to go from vendor to vendor, but to shop racks and racks of kids clothes, toys, equipment, etc. We are like those banners and ads you see along the outside walls of a sports stadium or something. :) White noise. We'll be positioned along the way out to pay for their goods, but I believe I read that we'll be accessible to folks from both sides- so those NOT in the check-out lines also can reach us. Not sure, never done this venue. But reading the vendor packet gives me some indication that this is a bit different than what I'm used to doing.Anyway, here is what the Vendor Info says and suggests:
Show Hints:
• Please note the “nature” of this show: Moms are coming for the gently used kids’ items. The Parents Fair is set up so that exhibitors can take advantage of this target market and get in front of these busy moms. As you plan your booth, please keep in mind that the more you reach out to these moms as they wait in line and shop, the more successful you will be. Unlike most trade shows, the moms are not here to visit booths---but to shop. How can we get their attention and gain exposure? Please feel free to get creative! • Order a few extra chairs and set up a “rest area” in front of your booth with a sign “rest area compliments of “Your Business”. • Offer to clean their rings with jewelry cleaner or other pampering offers. • Offer assistance getting their bags to their cars (this could be HUGE- recruit your teenage sons or neighbors) • Bring wagons to the show and leave them at checkout for moms to take bags out --- with signs all over the wagon from your business of course, ☺ • Offer note pads and pencils to keep track of their purchases, etc. The more you reach out, the more you will get back! I promise to have these parents in front of you --- you have to figure out the best way to get their attention. ☺ Please do not hesitate to call or email if I can help you in any way.• SELLERS: Please note that not all ‘sellers’ are ‘shoppers’. Lots of theses women will sell their used items but will not buy used items. This group is definitely a group that you need to reach. I’d like to invite all exhibitors to come out Monday 7/18 during our building set up and put out information regarding your goods and services. Sellers will begin to bring in their items at 5pm on Monday. I will not have your booth ready for you, but I will designate an area for exhibitors to set up card tables, easels, banners, etc. to advertise your business. I highly encourage you guys to reach out to the sellers as they drop off their items remembering that some of these sellers will not be back to shop. You are welcome to stay and talk to the sellers but at the very least, I recommend that your brochures be on site. Please note that I will not have tables available until exhibitor set up on Tues. A small card table/ easel would be a good size for you to bring.• Working the Show: During the show, please feel free to walk around the building talking to the shoppers. You can carry a clipboard with your gift registration cards and offer on the spot sign up. ??? You are free to advertise in the building anyway you would like (just not directly in front of another exhibitor’s booth please ☺)• Banners: Feel free to bring your companies banners to decorate the walls and bulletin boards around the building.
It is spread over 4 days. I'll be working several shifts over the course of this event, so probably 6-8 hrs total, plus I am going to be there during the "Seller setup" on Monday that she talks about.I need some inexpensive ideas. I have over 200 business-card bookmarks from Merrill That have recipes on them, plus I have ~100 pocket brochures from Merrill also that have my info and a recipe on them. These are moms looking for a bargain, so just trying to think what I can pass out- both AT the booth (that's easier), and if I walk around. Our booth will be in the general area where folks are waiting to check-out, so we may have to approach them some as they move by.What do you think? Baggies with my card, mini-catalog, recipe card (I have TONS of those too), and maybe a piece of candy or something?

Last edited:
I did one of these (the 1st. in our area) a few mths. ago. Not real successful with attendance, but I got enough orders to make a show, my raffle winner just closed her show and another lady that I had not met, but wanted to do a show a long time ago has said she still wants to. Not too bad; I worked it 4 days, but have not recouped my $. Who is to say something won't come from it later.... The gal that organized it made goodie bags for all the customers and it cost extra to put something in the bag; I used recipe cards w/my contact info. I got the ones back from the bags that were not used. Good luck; it sounds like a great opportunity.

I have done one of these here multiple times. My tips- work it like any other vendor event. The first one I did, I sat behind my table and was afraid to approach people. I went to the head of the sale and talked to her at the end of that event and she told me it was fine to approach people. Ever since, I push my table back so people can come "in" and look around and I walk up to everyone offering them a free recipe and tell them to come visit the table. I don't get tons of leads off these events, but the bookings I have gotten off of it are so worth my time! If you have any questions private message me! The sale you are describing is almost exactly like the one I do!

I like the idea of keeping it simple. You may not make back the money you put into it, so use up what hand-out things you have. I like having mini catalogs out. A couple of times, I made up a 1/3 page flyer that fit in the mini. You could staple it to a recipe card. The text is below. I like it because people are busy shopping and not likely to focus too much on you. And if you can't get everyone's contact info for follow-up, this gives them a reason for getting in touch with you.You can do the usual drawing. You could hand out candy, though the micro chips go over very well and would draw their attention to a new product. Plus, potatoes are cheaper than candy. Special Offer for (event) attendeesPlace online orders by (date within a few days of the event or whenever you want to be able to submit a show; don't let it run too long; give it a sense of urgency).
Receive a special gift with your order. (Scale it depending on how much they spend, ie. a free rub for a $60 order, Season's Best for a small order)
Your order will arrive before xxxx date.Go to PWS
Click on “shop online” on bottom left
Select option 1 and enter (event name) as the host name and choose shipping direct to you.Plus: receive a free peeler with your order. Contact:
your name
etc. The Pampered Chef® is the place to go when you want elegance, quality and style!Our professional quality kitchen tools help you cook restaurant style recipes on a budget within 30 minutes or less.
Host a party to get them for free and at a great discount. My average hosts get $140 of free products while having fun with their friends.
Increase your income with our fun, flexible business – try it for as little as $80 and earn an average of $100 a party.Shop Online 24/7 & check out the Outlet

Hi there!Congratulations on securing a booth at the kids consignment sale! It sounds like a unique and exciting opportunity to reach a new audience. I love the suggestions in the vendor info packet, especially the idea of setting up a "rest area" and offering assistance with bags. Those small gestures can go a long way in making a positive impression on busy moms.As for inexpensive ideas, I think your idea of baggies with your card, mini-catalog, and recipe card is a great one. You could also consider including a small sample of one of your products, or a discount code for their next purchase. Another idea could be to create a fun game or activity at your booth that would engage both parents and kids, and offer a prize for participating. This would not only attract attention to your booth, but also give you an opportunity to interact with potential customers.When walking around the building, you could wear a branded apron or t-shirt and carry a basket filled with your business cards, brochures, and small samples or treats. This way, you can easily approach people and offer them something without being too pushy.Overall, just remember to be friendly, approachable, and creative in your approach. Good luck at the event and I hope it is a successful one for you and your team. Happy selling!

What is a vendor event?

A vendor event is a type of marketing event where multiple businesses or vendors gather in one location to showcase and sell their products or services to potential customers.

How is a vendor event different from a traditional trade show?

A vendor event typically has a more casual and relaxed atmosphere compared to a traditional trade show. It may also have a smaller number of vendors and focus on a specific theme or target audience.

Can you give some examples of unique vendor event ideas?

Some unique vendor event ideas could include a themed market night, a pop-up shop at a local event or festival, a collaborative event with other complementary businesses, or a charity event where a portion of sales goes towards a good cause.

What types of businesses or vendors usually participate in vendor events?

Vendor events can include a variety of businesses, such as handmade or artisanal products, direct sales companies, local businesses, and service-based businesses. It ultimately depends on the theme and target audience of the event.

How can I make my vendor booth stand out at an event?

Some tips for making your vendor booth stand out at an event include having eye-catching signage and displays, offering interactive activities or demonstrations, providing samples or freebies, and having engaging and friendly staff to interact with attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies