• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Hosting a Show Better Than Ordering One Thing at a Time?

In summary, people are interested in PC products, but they do not want to host a show to get free items. April has found a way to get people to want to have a show by offering them something valuable in return. She is hosting a show in June and inviting the people who have said they do not want to have a show, but will come to one.
apriljc
Hello to All. Just needing a little pick me up. It seems like people don't want to have a show but they do want to order one or two things from me. It is great and all that they want PC items but they don't want to host a show to get free items and so on. What is all of your thoughts on this. how can I get people to realize that having a show is such a better deal than just ordering on thing at a time.

April

April,I was in a dry spot the past few months. I did something tonight at a show that really helped. Now, this is probably not something I would do at a show where the guests were very standoffish. Anyhoo, when someone came to give me their order I jokingly asked "So, when are we having your show?". I was amazed at the response!!! Out of 5 orders I got 4 bookings! One took a host packet because her show is in June. The other three want to have it in the fall. I just made a date to call them to see how things were going. Between now and then I will call them about their orders and specials they might be interested in. That way I have a relationship with them and they want me, and only me, to do their show!I looked at the drawing slips and only one person checked maybe for hosting. Another said she would do one in the fall, so I guess there were two.I keep saying this in other posts, but the 90 day rule is really true! What you do now will bloom in 90 days! Just keep working at it, don't pressure people. As soon as they think they are being pushed into something, they push back. I always give my disclaimer. I tell people that I am not pushy, but I love to talk about PC and the products. If they want information on anything, just ask. I will give them what they want and probably a whole lot more! I make sure to tell them that I will keep talking until they tell me to stop. And then I will stop because I also hate it when people push and bug me about stuff. That shows you are also human and can feel the same way they do. It also gives them permission to get info - without the pressure - and especially to tell me to shut up :)If you believe in a higher power, it also helps to pray.I just keep thinking of more! Write down a specific goal you want - number of bookings, recruits, sales, what to do with your commission, etc. Really, write it on a piece of paper...many pieces of paper...and stick them up everywhere. That gives your subconcious something to work with.And, lastly, this is really going to seem silly. Every morning look at yourself in the mirror and say "I'm a booking magnet" three to five times. Really mean it and believe it when you say it! Or, say whatever else you are working on (recruiting magnet, etc.). I always wait until my husband has left the house so he won't inadvertantly laugh at me...or on purpose :D. I am so surprised at how well it works! It gets you thinking about your goal first thing in the morning. Then, as you go throughout your day, you will think to do little things that will set you on your way to achieving that goal.Okay, I'm spent.

I find that summer time is hard...kids are home, people are busy with sports, weekends here in Florida are spent at the beach and on their boats...and the list goes on. The only thing that I do is keep running with catalog shows and orders and book harder for late August & September. I also have many shows cancel in the summer months. I have tried the pool party shows and the grill shows and no one really wants to be away from their families during this time. I really don't blame them. Just remember if you have a slow summer you can still have an AWESOME Fall.

I have a list of people who have said, "I don't want to have a show, but I'll come to a show and order something." I am inviting all of these people, and a few others, to a show at my house in June. For one thing, it will help with my June sales. Also, hopefully, they will decide to actually host a show once they have actually come to a show.

Thanks for all of the advice. I know summer is a busy time for everybody. I will also try some of the tips you gave me Kate. They sound like things I should try and maybe just maybe they will work for me.
I hope you all have a good Memorial Weekend.

What is the best tool for chopping vegetables?

The Food Chopper is our top recommendation for chopping vegetables. It has sharp stainless steel blades and a comfortable grip handle, making it easy to use and efficient.

How do I know which size of baking dish to use?

We have a variety of baking dishes to choose from, but a general rule of thumb is to use a 9x13 inch dish for casseroles and a 9 inch round dish for cakes and pies. If you're unsure, you can always refer to the recipe for specific measurements.

Can I use my Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

Yes, most of our products are microwave-safe. However, we recommend checking the product label or consulting our website for specific care instructions before use.

What is the best way to clean my non-stick cookware?

We recommend hand-washing our non-stick cookware with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils on the non-stick surface to prevent scratching. For tougher stains, you can use a mild abrasive cleaner.

Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we offer a limited lifetime warranty on all our products. If you encounter any issues with your product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missmindym
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Takaramei
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Takaramei
  • leshelman