• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friends Avoiding Me as a Consultant: Need Advice

In summary, Danielle is having trouble getting her new consultant friends to help her with hosting parties. She suggests hosting your own Grand Opening show and coaching yourself like you would any other host. She also suggests using a Pampered Chef recipe and putting it on Pampered Chef products to spark conversation.
ccrusoe
So before I was a consultant some neighbors/friends said they would help out by having catalog/cooking parties. Now that I am a consultant, everyone is avoiding me like the plague.

Any advice as to how to get them on board to help? I know that I need to talk with strangers, but I was counting on them to help me start out.

Explain to them that they get to be "Charter Hosts" and they get that special gift within your first 30 days. If they said they will help, they will help you. Can you speak with them in person and show them the recipes? Let them pick one of the new consultant recipes that sound good to them. Keep your conversations positive and explain the generous host program.

Danielle---unfortunatly I have spoken to them all in person....they just keep telling me now isn't a good time.....I don't know know when it will be.....yada yada yada.I think I may steal the "Christmas in July" idea and have that here at the house for them all to come to.

ccrusoe said:
Danielle---unfortunatly I have spoken to them all in person....they just keep telling me now isn't a good time.....I don't know know when it will be.....yada yada yada.

I think I may steal the "Christmas in July" idea and have that here at the house for them all to come to.

I am finding more people do not want to host parties right now too. I did the Mystery Host idea this month and that is going very well.

Summertime can be "tricky", but you need to find what appeals to them and then mention that. Personally, I always suggest to my new consultant that once they sign to simply go back to the people that they "mentioned" PC to before they signed, and say something like "Hey Susie! I have finally started my Pampered Chef and I know that you mentioned that you would help me get my business off and running by being one of my first charter hosts......so, I'm calling to claim that now!" Just being happy, excited and a little silly tends to work for me. I would also encourage 1 or 2 of them to do a catalog show if they truly can't do a cooking show right now, and tell them that they can do a cooking show later.

Also, I've found that by telling others your goal tends to help, because people tend to want to help others. For example, you could tell them, I have a goal of doing 4 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows in my first month and I could really use your help!

And, depending on your relationship with them.....giving a guilt trip works wonders too!! :D

Definitely host your own Grand Opening show and remember to coach yourself like you would any other host. Invite everyone you know!! Then you can show them how easy and fun it is to have a show and talk about the reward while they get to see and use the products. You may get bookings that way.

With so many summer events happening, try to set up booths, etc. What ever you do, don't get discouraged!!! Easy to say right? We ALL struggle at different times of the year and with the ebbs and flows of life and all of it's challenges. I too have a great team and my business is what I consider good, but like you, I am having trouble getting set dates. My..."in July" people are now extending into August, but I am asking them for a tentative date that we can reschedule if it turns out to not be a good time for them.

Make sure to keep mingling with your friends and offer to bring over a dish at any event. Use a Pampered Chef recipe and put it on Pampered Chef products and this will spark conversation. I did this for my nephews graduation years ago with no intention of booking any parties. But I did because the loved the dish I had my food on!

The Mystery Host is excellent and get out all of your grilling things...rubs, oils, etc. As people see and use the products, it will help spark them into seeing the value of owning it themselves.

Summer requires some different approaches and it still maybe slow, however, TRUST ME... in just a few months you will be met with more enthusiasm for bookings. Ask your friends to help you find some that may be interested and tell them, "so I don't have to keep asking you". That way they know you are working on it and don't want to be a Pampered Pest!!!:D

I repeat...DO NOT get discouraged!!!! Hop on here if you need a boost!:chef:

I repeat...DO NOT get discouraged!!!! Hop on here if you need a boost!:chef:[/QUOTE]

I know it's frustrating when you had counted on someone to hold a show and it doesn't happen. My advise would be to honor their dicision to put it off, but ask when would you like me to follow up. Same thing that I do at my shows. Sometimes I'm thinking never or 6 months and the client will say, call me in 2 weeks. Maybe it really isn't a good time for them. You don't want to turn them off by contastantly asking if they've already given you an answer.

Keep working on your list of 100 and move on. See who else you can ask to help you get started. There are tons of files on here about where to find biz outside of your circle--You could also ask the ones who said they'd help you get started but can't to give you a referral of someone who might be interested/willing to do a show for you.

My Dir. also tells us to make up a challenge & blame it on her. You could give them one last call to see when they'd like you to contact them back and while you are talking with them say "my director has issued me a challenge to have x shows in my 1st 30 days. Do you know anyone who'd be interested in getting some free products, learn a new recipe and help me with my goal?" maybe they'll offer to go ahead and help you out.

Try to show them some fun summery ideas... like the Margarita and Fajita show, the grilling show... the tropical or beach or Jimmy Buffet show. Just saying those things gets people in a summery mood... they can have all of their friends (spouses included) over and grill out and have quick demo and then they can hang out long after you're gone... make it more of a summer party then a Pampered Chef Show and that might get them.

What should I do if my friends are avoiding me as a consultant?

If your friends are avoiding you as a consultant, it's important to first understand why. Are they simply not interested in the products or are there underlying issues in your relationship? Once you have a better understanding, you can approach the situation differently. If it's just a lack of interest, don't take it personally and continue to reach out to them. However, if there are underlying issues, it's important to address them and communicate openly with your friends.

How can I make my friends feel more comfortable with buying from me?

Making your friends feel comfortable with buying from you starts with building a strong relationship with them. Instead of constantly trying to sell products, focus on building genuine connections and showing them the value of the products through your own experiences. Additionally, offer special discounts or host a fun party or event to make the buying experience more enjoyable for them.

How do I deal with friends who constantly ask for discounts or free products?

It's important to set boundaries with your friends and make it clear that you are running a business and cannot constantly give out discounts or free products. You can offer special discounts during promotions or for hosting parties, but be firm in your pricing and don't feel guilty for saying no to constant requests for discounts.

What can I do if my friends are supporting other consultants instead of me?

It can be disheartening to see your friends supporting other consultants, but remember that it's not a reflection of your worth or abilities as a consultant. Continue to focus on building relationships and providing great customer service, and your friends may eventually come back to you. You can also consider reaching out to them and asking for feedback on why they chose to support someone else, which can help you improve your own business.

How can I overcome the fear of being seen as "pushy" by my friends?

The key to avoiding being seen as "pushy" is to focus on building genuine relationships and providing valuable information about the products. Avoid constantly bombarding your friends with sales pitches and instead, share personal experiences and helpful tips. If your friends are genuinely not interested, respect their decision and don't pressure them. Remember, the goal is to build relationships, not just make sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • ccrusoe