• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Bookings Now? - Get Ideas from the Best Site!

In summary, the new consultant is having trouble booking shows because she is not being as pushy as she used to be with her PC
jodistrauss
OK. so here's how it goes. I am a new consultant-this is my 1st month with PC. I am trading shows with a Southern Living consultant. (I do a PC one for her and she does a SL one for me). Anyway, I cooked for her on Monday night and she is doing her show tonight at my house. I was using her show as a major launch to get my business going. I was basically giving away the sun, moon, AND stars to get bookings from the show. Needless to say, NO BOOKINGS!! She spent most of the time before and after my demo talking up SL. :eek: UGH!!! So, here's my thing.....I NEED bookings. NOW!! I am trying to figure out if I should just go nuts with some of my super cool PC stuff for the snacks tonight and hope that someone asks about it. But, I don't want to be tacky....even though she was. Any fabulous ideas?? I have seen so many fabulous ideas from y'all. This is the BEST site!!:)

I don't think it's tacky to WOW people with wonderful snacks and a beautiful presentation! You love your product, so why hide it?

I would definitely show off all of your beautiful PC things and WOW them!! And try to get a few words in about PC!

I say GO NUTS!!!! Use every thing PC that you can. When I have another DS party at my house, I don't sit out catalogs, but I make sure that my cookbooks are on display....like as if they are always in that spot. I put mine on a shelf that faces my dining room all nicely lined up so people can see them, but they are not looking out of place. And...if these guests are your friends I see no problem with you saying that you really need help getting shows. Even with another DS person there.

I'm with the others. Wow them with the recipes and the presentation. I've sold so much stuff to people to come over and are amazed at how much more appealing food is when it's presented in our stuff (glazed stoneware, simple additions, woven selections, etc.)

When someone oohs and ahhs, don't hesitate to speak up and tell them it's PC.

I agree with Dusty about not displaying catalogs, but I'd make it really clear to your friends that you're trying to fill your calendar to get your business off to a good start.

As long as you don't take up her demo time with a PC commercial, I don't think you'll be in any danger of being tacky.

Hope things go REALLY well for you!

I agree with everyone else. I just had a CM party Tuesday night & had 2 different soups on the stove in my cookware, everyone ate out of SA small bowls & I used the cheese board. Everyone loved it. They were all family, so they already know I'm all about PC, but saw some additional uses for pieces that they hadn't thought about buying before. :)

I have a few friends and customers that sell SLAH. They drop SL lines at my PC shows, so I drop PC lines at their SLAH shows....we just laugh about it.....Funny though, because they have way more PC shows for me than I have SLAH shows gor them!!!

You guys are the BEST!! So my next question is......what should I make? I saw a FABULOUS recipe this AM for Reece Cups made in the floral silicone pan. I'm thinking i need a couple other recipes too.

Rings are always good, esp if you have the large round stone + woven selection to show it off on, and show how long it stay warm for!
If you have the new SA platter with handles, or the large platter, you could do the ice cream sandwich torte for a dessert... or, present a braid on either of these if you don't have the round stone + woven selection!

First Post - And Could Use Some Advice Too!Good Morning Guys -

This is my very first post. I joined the group late last week and have really enjoyed reading through all of the information on here. :)

This morning when I read jodistrauss' post, I decided it was time to ask for some advice myself though!

I wrapped up my SS period in December and did much better than I anticipated earning all the Bonuses, 2 of the Plus Bonuses, level 2 of the Sell-a-Thon, etc. and felt like I was really on a roll. But now that the holidays are over and I'm trying to book some new shows, I'm having trouble getting any dates.

I have NO shows for either January or February, and only one for March. I sat down last night in a panic and made a bazillion CCC's and called every possible lead I had and came up with zilch - everyone says to call them "in the spring." I'm starting to really worry that I won't even be able to hit the $200 needed in February to keep me active.

We live in a rural area and I've already tapped out all of my friends and family, so I could really use some advice.

TIA,
Kearstin

kearstin said:
Good Morning Guys -

This is my very first post. I joined the group late last week and have really enjoyed reading through all of the information on here. :)

This morning when I read jodistrauss' post, I decided it was time to ask for some advice myself though!

I wrapped up my SS period in December and did much better than I anticipated earning all the Bonuses, 2 of the Plus Bonuses, level 2 of the Sell-a-Thon, etc. and felt like I was really on a roll. But now that the holidays are over and I'm trying to book some new shows, I'm having trouble getting any dates.

I have NO shows for either January or February, and only one for March. I sat down last night in a panic and made a bazillion CCC's and called every possible lead I had and came up with zilch - everyone says to call them "in the spring." I'm starting to really worry that I won't even be able to hit the $200 needed in February to keep me active.

We live in a rural area and I've already tapped out all of my friends and family, so I could really use some advice.

TIA,
Kearstin

I am fairly new myself, but my first thought is, do you have any products that you really want to purchase for yourself, and that you could afford the $200 or so to cover if you do a show under a family member's name? What about gifts for upcoming birthdays, housewarmings, weddings, anniversaries?

I did this to help me make a couple of my SS bonuses along the way. HTH!

I would hate to have to do that since his month was my kit enhancement and I just bought a ton of stuff. But I still don't have it all, so I guess you're right, if it comes down to it, I could purchase some stuff that I need.

If you sold over $200 in December, you can take January off and submit $200 in February. Why not host your own show?

Yes, I did have over $200 sales in December, so I'm safe for January, but unfortunately, my February is looking pretty bleak right now too!

Everyone seems to have excuses about it being after the holidays and the weather is so unpredictable, the kids play winter sports, etc. Everyone wants to wait until the spring...

Is there anything special you guys do this time of the year to keep bookings coming in?

I was trying to brainstorm...Has anyone ever done like a sneak peek open house to let past hosts and customers preview new products?

It sounds like you are doing everything right so far. Does EVERYONE know you sell PC? the mail carrier, people at the stores you go to, kids teachers, nieghbors...... I would also consider hosting a party in your home. You can do it as a mystery hostess, so you give the host benifits away to one (or several) lucky shoppers. This time of year can be hard, if you can get the next couple of months rolling, you will have an easy year. Most important is to ask any hosts to be sure to invite people that you don't know, and ask her to please help you get more bookings from her party.

HTH

I like to use the "Get it before it's gone" ploy. You'll find flyers here (somewhere) with the products that are being discontinued and the ones that will experience a price increase as of March 1.

I also tell people that February hosts get the first look at the new products.

How about put some PC catalogs in the bathroom and in your magazine pile in the living room? Also, tell your friends that you need them to book a show - either while people are ordering/eating or in a next day phone call. These are your friends and they might do an "obligation" show for you if they know you need it. Good luck.

It's time to get out a fundraising letter...Cheffers.... go find your nearest American Cancer Society. They are putting together teams now for Relay for Life and these people are LOOKING for ways to raise money. You have a way to get them money for their cause, with NO overhead costs for them, you do almost all the work for them - what's not to like? Every fundraiser gives you more names and contacts for bookings down the road. Offer to come in and train their team on how to do a great catalog show, how to fill out the order form, options for extra sales - in other words, give them sales training they'd pay through the nose to get ordinarily. (You are building your business - but you don't have to tell them so)
Search online... last year the ACS had a website where all you had to do was put your zip code in and up pops ALL the ACS fundraising going on near you.

PS. Find a hook....When I pitch my February shows... I tell the host she can share with her friends that during Sweetheart Month, they will leave her show with a list of Food Aphrodeisacs, and they don't have to tell me what happens after that!

You can always go back to your list of 100 to see who you have "missed" contacting. Every time I go to the store or a restaurant, when they hand me a receipt, I hand them a business card or recipe card. I ask if they are familiar with PC and go from there. I carry the tote bag that shows off the catalog...I have gotten bookings from complete strangers!

The very best advice I can give you is do a "booking blitz". For 1 hour call everyone! Let them know that you are, "TRYING TO JUMPSTART MY BUSINESS AFTER THE HOLIDAYS, THERE ARE SOME GREAT THINGS HAPPENING WITH TPC. CAN I TELL YOU THE UPCOMING SPECIALS?" wait for an answer...tell them FEB. Special. "IS THAT SOMETHING THAT INTERESTS YOU?" wait for an answer...if they have all the stoneware they want, "OUR NEW CATALOG COMES OUT IN MARCH WITH OVER 40 NEW PRODUCTS. THE MARCH HOST SPECIAL IS...DOES THAT INTEREST YOU? If you get a flat out no..."WE DO OUR HELP WHIP CANCER CAMPAIGN IN MAY, WOULD THAT BE A BETTER TIME FOR YOU?" If you get a no again, "DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO LOVES PC THAT I COULD TELL ABOUT THESE SPECIALS? I WILL SEND YOU A FREE COOKBOOK FOR YOUR REFERRAL."

You will want to practice OUTLOUD before you make these calls. Make it just flow from you mouth. I even write out an outline so I have something to follow as I am talking. I also practice with my director in a role play.

Hope this helps! I have 13 shows for FEB!! Oh, I almost forgot, I also offer EVERY HOST $15 in FREE products (consultant gift) if they will get me 3 confirmed (on the calendar) bookings before we close their show. THIS WORKS!! I advertise it at the show and let all the guests know that they will be helping their friend get more free products. I normally at least get 2 bookings, but usually 3 from each show. I have a full calendar!

You can always go back to your list of 100 to see who you have "missed" contacting. Every time I go to the store or a restaurant, when they hand me a receipt, I hand them a business card or recipe card. I ask if they are familiar with PC and go from there. I carry the tote bag that shows off the catalog...I have gotten bookings from complete strangers!

The very best advice I can give you is do a "booking blitz". For 1 hour call everyone! Let them know that you are, "TRYING TO JUMPSTART MY BUSINESS AFTER THE HOLIDAYS, THERE ARE SOME GREAT THINGS HAPPENING WITH TPC. CAN I TELL YOU THE UPCOMING SPECIALS?" wait for an answer...tell them FEB. Special. "IS THAT SOMETHING THAT INTERESTS YOU?" wait for an answer...if they have all the stoneware they want, "OUR NEW CATALOG COMES OUT IN MARCH WITH OVER 40 NEW PRODUCTS. THE MARCH HOST SPECIAL IS...DOES THAT INTEREST YOU? If you get a flat out no..."WE DO OUR HELP WHIP CANCER CAMPAIGN IN MAY, WOULD THAT BE A BETTER TIME FOR YOU?" If you get a no again, "DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO LOVES PC THAT I COULD TELL ABOUT THESE SPECIALS? I WILL SEND YOU A FREE COOKBOOK FOR YOUR REFERRAL."

You will want to practice OUTLOUD before you make these calls. Make it just flow from you mouth. I even write out an outline so I have something to follow as I am talking. I also practice with my director in a role play.

Hope this helps! I have 13 shows for FEB!! Oh, I almost forgot, I also offer EVERY HOST $15 in FREE products (consultant gift) if they will get me 3 confirmed (on the calendar) bookings before we close their show. THIS WORKS!! I advertise it at the show and let all the guests know that they will be helping their friend get more free products. I normally at least get 2 bookings, but usually 3 from each show. I have a full calendar!

Hope this helps! I have 13 shows for FEB!! Oh, I almost forgot, I also offer EVERY HOST $15 in FREE products (consultant gift) if they will get me 3 confirmed (on the calendar) bookings before we close their show. THIS WORKS!! I advertise it at the show and let all the guests know that they will be helping their friend get more free products and their friend will be able to get the host special at their show too. I normally at least get 2 bookings, but usually 3 from each show. I figure the $15 free is only $5 per booking and by the time I get paid for it, I am really only out maybe $12.00. My calendar is full!

I just sent out an email to all of my email contacts for PC and told them I was booked for my normalg monthly quota but that I wanted to step up my business a notch to earn a Caribbean Cruise. I said that the 1st 3 people to email or call and confirm a date would receive $25 in more free products (of course, with their discount it won't cost me that much), and it's worth the extra shows and bookings! I also offered $15 extra credit for catalogue shows turned in to me no later than Feb 25.

I got 1 cooking show and 2 catalogues shows in ten minutes!! Good Luck!

1. How can I quickly get more bookings for my Pampered Chef business?

If you need bookings now, the best way to get ideas is to check out the Best Site! We have a variety of resources and tips to help you increase your bookings in no time.

2. Can I still get bookings during slow seasons?

Absolutely! The Best Site offers creative ideas for getting bookings during slow seasons. From themed parties to special incentives, we have you covered.

3. Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to use the Best Site?

No, the Best Site is open to anyone looking to increase their bookings. We offer a variety of resources and tips that can be applied to any direct sales business.

4. Are the ideas on the Best Site proven to work?

Yes, we only feature ideas and strategies that have been tested and proven to be successful by Pampered Chef consultants and other direct sales professionals.

5. Is there a cost to access the ideas on the Best Site?

No, the Best Site is completely free. We believe in supporting fellow direct sales professionals and helping them succeed in their businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kmiller
  • Katiek77