• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the ingredients for a simple corn dip recipe?

In summary, Teresa's husband lost a corn dip he liked and she is looking for a recipe. The allrecipes.com recipe she found has green chilies and jalapeno peppers.
jrstephens
I have lost mine. I know it had sour cream, mayo, cheese and mexicorn but I cannot remembe what else.

I dont know if this is the one you are talking about, but it is the BEST corn dip I've ever had. My husband named it Crack Dip!

Crack Dip:

1 block of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of mexican rotel (original, not hot or else it will burn your hairs off!)

Do you microwave this or bake it, what do you serve it with?
Can you please send the directions?
I have to take an appetizer to Bunco tomorrow night for our Christmas party where we include spouses and I always try to take 1 of their favorites (bevause they TELL me what to bring) & a new one.
Thanks!
Teresa

All in the microwave!!!!! SO EASY!!!! just put all the ingredients in, microwave, stir, microwave some more until its hot and all melty! We serve it with tortillia chips or corn chips

Your welcome. ENJOY! We just had it last night actually... yum!

So what dish does it fit in?
& do I drain the rotel (being from Texas we only use the HOT) :)

Ok... but I've given you fair warning on the hot rotel! :) I'm telling you, the HOT IS CRAZY! I LOOOOVE hot food but the hot is too hot! You could try half and half to give it extra spice...

ANYWAYS--- You don't need to drain the rotel, but DO drain the corn. We use the white corn, taste's the same but looks better in the dip. We've made it in one of the larger Simple Addition Bowls... or whatever we have lying around.

bsaxman said:
I dont know if this is the one you are talking about, but it is the BEST corn dip I've ever had. My husband named it Crack Dip!

Crack Dip:

1 block of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of mexican rotel (original, not hot or else it will burn your hairs off!)

Oh my gosh! This sounds great, I bet my husband would love this "crack" dip.

We only buy the hot unless we are making tortilla soup then we use the one with a touch of lime
We don't use jalepenos much at our house we go for the habeneros

you'll have to let me know how you like it with the hot, if that's what your going for! I'm curious if you'll like it or if it will burn your lips off!

jrstephens said:
I have lost mine. I know it had sour cream, mayo, cheese and mexicorn but I cannot remembe what else.
Here is one like that:

Corn Dip - Allrecipes

I have never had a dip like this...sounds yummy! I will have to make it for some sort of gathering...no one else in my family would probably eat it, so I would eat the whole thing if I made it and left it here!

The Crack Dip sounds great......but I just don't think I can bring myself to put a full stick of butter in a dip!:eek:ETA: Okay - Kelly's link sounds more like something maybe I could do!

Dont knock it till you try it!

My hubby had to force me to try it.... but oh boy... am I glad he did!

bsaxman said:
Dont knock it till you try it!

My hubby had to force me to try it.... but oh boy... am I glad he did!

Oh - I have no doubt it tastes wonderful.....I'm just thinking of the clogging arteries.....;)

I am thinking of using the AllRecipes one. The other one sounds good but this one needs to be served cold. I may try the "hot" one at home though, it sounds good.

I have to plan for our town Christmas singing next week and I have asked people to make certain things. The woman I asked to do corn dip has never made it and needs me to give her the recipe.

I know the one I have made did not have the green chilies or jalopena peppers in it.

This is I think the one that I did. I do not remember the rotel, but eveyrthing is great with rotel.

2 (8 ounce) Mexican-style corn, drained
2 (8 ounce) cans rotel, drained
1-2 bunch green onions
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sugar

Mix all ingredients together.
Chill before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips.

Here is a recipe I use

1 can Mexican style corn,drained
1/2 pepper each, red, yellow, green, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
1 can Rotel
1 can Black beans,rinsed and drained
1 garlic clove,pressed
1 cup Itailian dressing

Mix well Chill and serve with chips

We have made it with all 3 types of Rotel. The original was ok, the medium was better but the EXTRA HOT was/is our favorite.
we have been making it non stop since you shared the recipe Thanks!

Stupid question alert -

What is Rotel? Never heard of it...

yea, 'cuz you're from the midwest it's ok I grew up in Iowa
it is a can of diced tomatoes and green chilis
they have a can to mix in with chili, they have it with lime etc.

Thanks for letting me know!

Actually sounds good and would make it easy to mix up good stuff like the dips you are talking about...

1. What ingredients do I need for the Simple Corn Dip?

To make the Simple Corn Dip, you will need 2 cans of corn, 1 package of cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1/4 cup of diced red onion, and 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.

2. Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time. Simply prepare the dip according to the instructions and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat the dip in the microwave or on the stovetop until heated through.

3. Can I use frozen corn instead of canned?

Yes, you can use frozen corn instead of canned. Just make sure to thaw and drain the corn before using it in the recipe.

4. How can I make this dip spicier?

If you prefer a spicier dip, you can add more jalapeno peppers or even a dash of hot sauce to the mixture. You can also leave the seeds in the jalapeno for an extra kick of heat.

5. What can I serve with this Simple Corn Dip?

This dip pairs well with tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, or celery. It can also be used as a topping for tacos, nachos, or baked potatoes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • jrstephens
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Gina M