• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Powerful Single-Verse Scriptures for Your Christmas Prayer Station

In summary, the ladies are recommending scriptures that lend themselves well to prayer. They suggest checking out BibleGateway.com. They also suggest printing out the verses and prayers together so that they can be kept handy. Lastly, they mention a few of their favorite scriptures.
raebates
Staff member
I'm putting together a prayer station for my mom for Christmas. I'm filling it with scriptures and prayers. I'm looking for single-verse Scriptures that lend themselves well to prayer.

So far I've broken down the Lord's prayer and the 23rd Psalm. I've added Phillipians 4:13 and few others.

What verses do you think would work? Again, I'm printing the verse and prayer together on a small slip of paper, so they need to be single verses.

TIA!

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Check out biblegateway.com You can type in a phrase and the verse will pop up. You can also chose which translation you want. This is an excellent resource when you know the verse, but are not sure of the exact wording or where it's found.

"I will praise You forever, because You have done it; and in the presence of Your saints, I will wait on Your name, for it is good." Psalm 52:9

"Hear my prayer, oh God; give ear to the words of my mouth." Psalm 54:2

"And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain." Isaiah 4:6

These were given to me by the Spirit as I did a search for you, because I was unfamiliar with any of these verses until now. If you go to BibleGateway.com, you can do searches, and then copy and paste to your word document.

I'll post more as they come to me.

Ha, Nancy! You posted yours as I was finishing up mine. Glad to see another BibleGateway.com fan. I LOVE that site.

Thanks, ladies. I'm a big fan of Bible Gateway, but I was coming to the end of my imagination and thought I'd pick your brains. Keep 'em coming.

Jeremiah 29:13 - "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
James 5:16 - The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
Psalm 145:18 - "The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth."
Psalm 100:5 - "The Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations."
Colossians 3:2 - "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."
Psalm 32:5 - "Then I acknowledged my sin to You...and You forgave the guilt of my sin."
John 16:24 - "Until now you have not asked for anything in My name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

(Phil 4:19 NKJV) And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
(1 Thess 5:18 NKJV) in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
(Phil 4:6 NLT) Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.These are a few of my favorites that come to mind. There are so many beautiful treasures in God's word... truly amazing!Btw, what is a 'prayer station'?

my favorite:
Psalm 5:3
in the morning oh Lord, Thou wilt hear my voice, in the morning, I will order my prayer to Thee and eagerly watch!

I Samuel 12:23: "As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you what is right."

Thanks! Those are great. Keep 'em comin'.

There's always my siggy!I'll do some checking and get back with 'ya!

Bumping this to put it back on people's minds. I'm still looking for another 10 or so.

Mine aren't specifically using the word prayer in them but are good for focusing on God.Psalm 73:26 -"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."Psalm 61:3 - "You have been my refuge, a strong tower against my foe."Psalm 121:2 - "My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth."Mark 11:24 - "I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."Psalm 63:4 - "I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."Philippians 4:19 - "God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Zephaniah 3:17 - "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

pampchefsarah said:
Ha, Nancy! You posted yours as I was finishing up mine. Glad to see another BibleGateway.com fan. I LOVE that site.

I've been using Biblegateway since about 1996 or 1997 - love it!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I got Mom's gift done. Here's a picture.
MomsGift.jpg
The cards are in colors that coordinate well with the rocks. Each one has a Scripture verse and a prayer. I'll package the rocks and the cards separately with the plate. (Yes, that's a SA Rectangle Platter.) I created a card to go with it. Here's what it says:
Prayer Plate
From the beginning stones have been used to mark the places where God has shown His power. Stones were piled up as a memorial so that generations would always remember the many times that God revealed Himself. Pile the rocks up in the middle of the plate as a reminder that God hears and answers prayer. Place the Scripture/Prayer Cards on one side of the rocks. Each day choose a card. Read the Scripture, pray the prayer, and move that card to the other side. Once you’ve prayed through all of the cards, simply mix up the cards and begin moving them back.​
Thanks again for helping me to create a special gift for my mom.

Last edited:
that is awesome, what a great idea.

Thanks. It's an adaptation of an idea. I saw a Prayer Jar at a reenactment festival. It was a wide-mouthed pottery jar with a loose-fitting lid. It came with a packet of slips of paper with prayers on them. The idea was that you placed the slips in the jar. Each day you fished one out, prayed the prayer, and dropped it back in. I liked the basic idea. I decided that I wanted Scripture with the prayers, so that's when I enlisted help here. I've been searching and searching for a container of some kind that would have two equal sections so she could separate the prayed slips from the ones she hadn't done yet. Today while I was out shopping I had a flash of inspiration. That's when I came up with the idea to use stones on the Rectangle Platter.

Rae,
I love the stones idea
i need to put something like this together for myself :)

Hmm, maybe Rae should partner with Ann, and start selling these on Etsy.

Um, thanks, but no.

1. How can I incorporate single-verse scriptures into my Christmas prayer station?

One way to incorporate single-verse scriptures into your Christmas prayer station is to create a display or bulletin board with various verses written or printed on cards. You can also have a designated area for guests to read and reflect on the verses during their prayer time.

2. What are some examples of powerful single-verse scriptures that are fitting for Christmas?

Some examples of powerful single-verse scriptures for your Christmas prayer station include Isaiah 9:6, "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Another fitting verse is Luke 2:11, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

3. Can I personalize the single-verse scriptures for my Christmas prayer station?

Yes, you can personalize the single-verse scriptures by choosing ones that hold special meaning to you or adding your own handwritten notes or reflections on the verses. This can make the prayer experience more personal and meaningful for both you and your guests.

4. How can I make the single-verse scriptures more visually appealing for my Christmas prayer station?

To make the single-verse scriptures more visually appealing, you can use decorative cards or frames to display them, add festive illustrations or graphics, or incorporate them into a larger holiday-themed display. You can also use different fonts or colors to make the verses stand out.

5. Can I use these single-verse scriptures for my personal prayer time during Christmas?

Absolutely! These powerful single-verse scriptures can be used for personal prayer time during Christmas or any other time of the year. You can keep them in a journal, display them in your home, or use them as a source of inspiration for your daily prayers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • koima
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • chefamanda