• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad & Appetizer Ideas for Specific Host Request

In summary, the host wanted a salad with pecans, strawberries and possibly feta cheese. Can anyone help? If I can't find this type of salad she would consider some "upscale" appetizers. Suggestions please and thank you!
Jen B
I have a host who was very specific about wanting a salad made for her show with pecans, strawberries and possibly feta cheese. Can anyone help?? If I can't find this type of salad she would consider some "upscale" appetizers. Suggestions please and thank you!!

JUST ADD SOME FETA AND YOU'LL HAVE ALL HER DESIRES FILLED!;)

Chicken & Strawberry Salad

Ingredients:
Salad

8 large strawberries
1 cup (250 mL) sugar snap peas
1/4 cup (50 mL) red onion
6 cups (1.5 L) torn romaine lettuce
2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup (50 mL) pecan halves, toasted

Citrus Vinaigrette

1/4 cup (50 mL) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard

Directions:
For salad, using Paring Knife with Honing Case, core and slice strawberries. Cut sugar snap peas in half. Cut onion into thin wedges. Combine salad ingredients in large bowl; toss gently.
For citrus vinaigrette, combine ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 25 g, Sodium 75 mg, Fiber 4 g

© 2012 The Pampered Chef used under license.
Start Your Own Business and plan kitchen shows at PamperedChef.com

Here's another, just add feta!

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Ingredients:
Dressing

1 lemon
2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 mL) poppy seeds
Salad

1/2 medium cucumber
1/4 small red onion
1 bag (6 oz/175 g) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 4 cups/1 L)
8 oz (250 g) fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds, toasted

Directions:
For dressing, zest lemon to measure 1/2 tsp (2 mL). Juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in small mixing bowl; whisk until well blended.
Score cucumber lengthwise; remove seeds using The Corer™. Using Simple Slicer on #2 setting, slice cucumber and onion. Cut cucumber slices in half.
Place spinach in large serving bowl. Add cucumber, onion, strawberries and dressing; toss gently. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.
Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 cup/250 mL): Calories 70, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 30 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g

© 2012 The Pampered Chef used under license.
Start Your Own Business and plan kitchen shows at PamperedChef.com

The Strawberry Spinach salad has been a HUGE hit at my shows for several years. Often I will add feta cheese, and also bacon. Do the bacon in the new ridged baker!

Mmm, this is makin' me hungry! I haven't used the above recipe, but I LOVE adding grilled chicken and strawberries (or cranberries) to my salads, and I always use feta. Yum! I really like flavored balsalmic vinegars in my dressings too, so I would think subbing the white wine vinegar with our Pomegranate Balsalmic would be awesome! Also, I like to use a mix of red leaf and green leaf lettuce to give a bit more color to salads.

The Strawberry Spinach Salad is YUMMO!

I love the Strawberry Spinach Salad. When I first saw it my thought was "What a waste of perfectly good strawberries". But, I tried it anyway and it was awesome. I made it at several shows and it was a huge hit. I also take it to pot luck dinners.

Thanks so much!! I will test this recipe this week. How about fancy appetizers? I'd like to give her a few choices but she seems pretty set on her salad!

I don't know if I call them fancy appetizers, but everywhere I take the Elegant Artichoke Cups, people rave about them (they're a standard request from my co-workers) - and they are so easy to make!

Sk8Mom209 said:
I don't know if I call them fancy appetizers, but everywhere I take the Elegant Artichoke Cups, people rave about them (they're a standard request from my co-workers) - and they are so easy to make!

They sound fancy lol. Do you have the recipe handy? If not I'm sure I could find it. Thank you!!

Elegant Artichoke Cups recipe attached.

Attachments

• nck_artichoke_cups.pdf
    114.9 KB · Views: 363
Sk8Mom209 said:
Elegant Artichoke Cups recipe attached.

Thank you so much Shari!!!:)

What are some vegetarian salad options for a host's request?

Some delicious vegetarian salad options include a classic Greek salad with feta cheese and olives, a roasted vegetable and quinoa salad, or a strawberry and spinach salad with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Can you suggest some appetizers for a gluten-free host?

Absolutely! Some gluten-free appetizer ideas include a cucumber and hummus platter, gluten-free crackers with a variety of dips, or a caprese salad with gluten-free crackers.

Do you have any low-calorie options for salads and appetizers?

Yes, we have many tasty low-calorie options for salads and appetizers. You could try a mixed green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing, fresh fruit skewers with a yogurt dip, or a veggie platter with a low-fat ranch dip.

What are some unique appetizer ideas for a host who loves seafood?

For a seafood-loving host, you could suggest mini shrimp cocktail cups, crab cakes with a lemon aioli, or smoked salmon and cream cheese pinwheels. All of these options are sure to impress.

Can you recommend some crowd-pleasing salads and appetizers for a large party?

For a large party, it's always a good idea to have a variety of options to please all guests. Some crowd-pleasing salad and appetizer ideas could include a build-your-own taco salad bar, a charcuterie board with a variety of meats and cheeses, or a fruit salad with a honey lime dressing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kimbub
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kimbub
  • MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • RossDeb2