• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipes for Catering Chicken Fajitas

In summary, a person is seeking suggestions for quick, easy, and inexpensive fajita recipes to cater for a Blue and Gold Banquet for 60 people. They mention using pre-seasoned chicken breasts and grilling them ahead of time, as well as getting insurance and proper licensing for the event. Other suggestions include expanding the menu to include beef soft tacos and using the "taco in a bag" recipe.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
OK, I've officially stuck both feet in my mouth. I am catering our scouts Blue and Gold Banquet for about 60 people. (Yes, and getting paid for it too)

The menu is chicken fajitas along with spanish rice and refired beans.

Does anyone have any good fajita recipes that are quick, easy and inexpensive?

I love the Fast Family Fajitas that were on the recipe cards a while back but wanted to see what else is out there. Doesn't have to be a PC recipe. Maybe even a family fav! Please help. The event is on Feb. 29th and I will need to start looking for bargains soon. Thanks for any help!

Also, any tips on catering? Such as approx. how much food per person, etc. I've never done this before so any help with preparing and things I might need that I might not have thought of would be great! THANKS!!!

Any comments or ideas out there?

When we make fajitas for big functions I go to Sams and buy the large packages of the John Soules chicken breasts cut them up and fry them with the peppers and onions

To expand how much you need figure off what you'd cook for a family of four. For example, if it took three chicken breast per four people you could divide 60(total of people) by 4(# of people it is figured by) getting 15 and then multiply it by 3(# of breast per 4 people) getting you 45 chicken breast for 60 people.
I would pre grill all the chicken a day or two ahead and then slice them and freeze them. I do this all the time to have quick lunches when I do fijiatas for dinner. Then the night of the event you just have to saute the onions and bell peppers and toss in the frozen chicken to reheat. Serve with condiment bar and you are good to go!
HTH

the john soules are already seasoned and taste yummy
we keep them warm in our big electric roaster

Thanks for the ideas!!! Anyone else?

Be sure you have the proper insurance to cover yourself. 60 people is a lot of people. You need to be insured, especially if they are paying you for it. Also, where will you be preparing the food? In most states it's illegal to cook at home and transport it. You will need to cook there or in a commercial kitchen and transport via a properly refrigerated vehicle. Check with your county to be sure you have the proper licensing to do something like this. The liability is not worth it for you if something goes wrong and you don't have things on your end covered. Don't mean to come off as discouraging... just know what you're up against. Good luck!

finley1991 said:
Be sure you have the proper insurance to cover yourself. 60 people is a lot of people. You need to be insured, especially if they are paying you for it. Also, where will you be preparing the food? In most states it's illegal to cook at home and transport it. You will need to cook there or in a commercial kitchen and transport via a properly refrigerated vehicle. Check with your county to be sure you have the proper licensing to do something like this. The liability is not worth it for you if something goes wrong and you don't have things on your end covered. Don't mean to come off as discouraging... just know what you're up against. Good luck!
Well, I'm only doing it because it is our scout's Blue And Gold Banquet and I know all the leaders,etc. I believe I am making everything in the church kitchen where we hold our pack meetings.

Any other ideas for fajitas for 50?

Can you expand the menu to include beef soft tacos? Just put some ground seasoned beef in some crock pots and fixings. That way it will serve kids as well as adults.

If you do decide to do tacos, I would suggest the "taco in a bag" recipe. It's basically small bags of either Fritos or Doritos. Open the bag, drop in a scoop of taco-seasoned meat, along with toppings, such as cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, even sour cream. Stick a plastic spoon or fork in it, and serve!!

VERY popular with kids!! (especially if there's any "picky" eaters, who won't eat those fajita peppers and onions!!)

Best wishes!
Paula

P.S. I think there's a website called "Ellen's kitchen" that is all about catering as well. You may find some recommended food amounts on there to help you.

finley1991 said:

I'm with Colleen on this. You are exposing yourself to HUGE risk. I know it's the banquet and they asked you to, but if you don't have a license or proper insurance this could go south very quickly.

Good luck!

About your liability: I would check with the health department and find out what the "rules" are in your area about things like this. They are likely to ignore it if it is for a group you are associated with - how many of us have taken food to a pot luck for scouts or church? - but you did say you are getting paid to cater this event and that makes it fall under different regulations.

It doesn't hurt to cover your butt.

HEY GUYS! jUST WANTED TO LET YA'LL KNOW HOW THE EVENT WENT!!!

IT WENT GREAT AND SOME PEOPLE EVEN CAME UP TO ME AND ASKED WHERE I GOT THE FAJITA MEAT. I TOLD THEM I MADE IT AND THEY WERE VERY IMPRESSED!!! I EVEN GOT SOME PC ORDERS TOO!

THE HEAD COUNT WAS A LITTLE OFF THOUGH. INSTEAD OF HAVING 60 PEOPLE THERE WERE 81!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUCKILY I HAD ENOUGH FOOD AS I GOT CANS OF NACHO CHEESE DONATED SO PEOPLE COULD HAVE NACHOS AND SINCE I HAD GONE TO THE ELLEN'S KITCHEN SIGHT FOR ESTIMATES ON CATERING I HAD PLENTY. I HAD BASED MY #S OFF OF 60 ADULTS BUT I HAD A MIXTURE OF BOTH KIDS AND ADULTS SO IT FED 81 OK. I WAS GETTING A LITTLE PARANOID AT THE END THOUGH.

THEY WANT ME TO DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR AS THEY SAID THIS IS THE BIGGEST TURNOUT THEY HAVE EVER HAD. PROBABLY BECAUSE WE WERE SERVIING FAJITAS INSTEAD OF THE USUAL BBQ! I PROFITED ABOUT $400 SO LOTS OF PLAY MONEY FOR MY CRUISE!!! WOO!!!!!!!!!HOO!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S SUGGESTIONS!!! :)

1. What are some easy recipes for chicken fajitas that I can use for catering?

One easy and delicious recipe is our Pampered Chef Chicken Fajita Skillet. You can find the recipe on our website or in our product catalog. Another option is to use our Pampered Chef Quick Cooker to make chicken fajitas in just 20 minutes.

2. Can I make chicken fajitas ahead of time for catering?

Yes, you can definitely make chicken fajitas ahead of time for catering. Just cook the chicken and peppers, and store them in separate containers in the refrigerator. When it's time to serve, reheat them in a skillet or in the oven and assemble the fajitas. This will save you time and stress on the day of your event.

3. How much chicken fajita mix do I need for catering?

The amount of chicken fajita mix you will need depends on the number of guests you are serving. A general rule of thumb is to estimate about 1 pound of chicken and 1 cup of peppers per 4-5 people. It's always better to have extra than not enough, so consider making a little more than you think you'll need.

4. Can I make chicken fajitas for a large group using a Pampered Chef product?

Yes, you can use several Pampered Chef products to make chicken fajitas for a large group. Our Rectangular Baker, Large Bar Pan, or Deep Dish Baker are all great options for cooking the chicken and peppers in the oven. You can also use our Quick Cooker for a faster cooking time.

5. Are there any vegetarian options for catering chicken fajitas?

Yes, there are vegetarian options for catering chicken fajitas. You can substitute the chicken with tofu or portobello mushrooms. You can also offer a variety of toppings such as black beans, corn, and avocado to make a delicious vegetarian fajita. Our Pampered Chef Non-Stick Grill Pan is a great tool for cooking the vegetables for a vegetarian option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinkaren99
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JAE
  • jm2003
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
reba515
  • pampchefrhondab