• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Find a Pie Recipe with Andes Mints, Cream Cheese, and Whipped Cream

In summary, the recruit wanted a recipe for a pie that had andes mints, cream cheese, and whipped cream. The recruit could not find the recipe online, in any of her books, or in the past SBRC. She suggests trying this holiday peppermint pie. Ingredients include a refrigerated pie crust, cream cheese, crème de menthe chocolate candies, chocolate instant pudding, and frozen light whipped topping. The pie is prepped and baked before being filled with the cream cheese mixture and garnished with reserved candy. Yields 12 servings.
pchefsharron
:confused: I'm not sure what it is called. A previous recruit (she is considering rejoining)of mine called today looking for a recipe she thought was in a past SBRC. I can't find it. She says it is a pie, and it has andes mints, cream cheese, and whipped cream in it. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried the PC website, all the books I have and can't find it. :(

Is this maybe it?

HOLIDAY PEPPERMINT PIE

1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), softened as directed on package
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
3-4 drops red food coloring (optional)
1 package (3.3 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
6 small candy canes, crushed (about ¼ cup)

Preheat oven to 425°F. Gently unfold crust onto lightly floured surface. Roll to an
11 ½ “circle. Place crust in Deep Dish Baker, pressing dough into bottom and up sides. Prick bottom and sides of crust. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.

Place chocolate in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Spread half of the chocolate over bottom and halfway up sides of crust; set remaining chocolate aside.

In large bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Fill Easy Accent® Decorator with 1 cup of the whipped topping; set aside for garnish. Add remaining whipped topping, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk vigorously until mixture is blended and very thick. Immediately spoon filling into crust; spread evenly.

Microwave reserved chocolate until melted; drizzle over pie. Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Pipe rosettes of whipped topping around edge of pie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 13g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 240 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Thanks! I'm not sure but I will suggest it to her. She wanted something different for Thanksgiving. She was a consulatant about three years ago. That must have been when she seen the recipe. I don't remember it.

This might be it??? And I forgot I had it and now I want to try it, I love mint-chocolate anything! Ymm!

Mint Chocolate Silk Pie

This Creamy chocolate-and-mint pie is the height of dessert decadence.

1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), softened according to package
directions
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
3/4 cup milk
1 package (4.67 ounces) crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped, divided (about 28 candies)
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed, divided

1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Gently unfold one crust onto lightly floured Baker’s Mat; roll to a 12-inch circle. Place crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, pressing into bottom and up sides. Prick bottom and sides of crust. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.

2. Place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Gradually add milk, whisking until smooth. Set aside eight of the candies for garnish. Place remaining candies in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 40-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Do not overheat. Add melted candies to cream cheese mixture; whisk until blended. Add pudding mix to cream cheese mixture; whisk until smooth (mixture will be very thick).

3. Fill Easy Accent® Decorator with 1 cup of the whipped topping; set aside. Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture; stir until well blended. Immediately spoon filling into crust; spread evenly.

4. Grate two of the reserved candies over center of pie using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Pipe reserved topping around edge of pie. Cut remaining candies in half; garnish edge of pie. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

That sounds like it might be the one. Thanks, I'm thinking about trying one of these this year as well since Pumpkin Pie really upsets my stomach. But my son loves it.

1. Can I use any type of Andes Mints in the pie recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of Andes Mints in the pie recipe. However, for the best results, we recommend using the classic Andes Mints with the green foil wrapper.

2. Can I substitute the cream cheese with a dairy-free alternative?

Yes, you can substitute the cream cheese with a dairy-free alternative such as coconut cream cheese or almond cream cheese. Just make sure to adjust the amount accordingly to maintain the desired consistency of the pie filling.

3. Can I make this pie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this pie ahead of time. We recommend making it the day before serving and storing it in the refrigerator. However, if you plan on making it more than a day in advance, we suggest freezing it and thawing it in the refrigerator the day before serving.

4. Can I use store-bought whipped cream instead of making my own?

Yes, you can use store-bought whipped cream instead of making your own. However, we highly recommend making your own whipped cream as it will have a fresher and lighter taste.

5. Can I use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe. However, we suggest making your own pie crust for the best results. You can find our easy and delicious pie crust recipe on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Deb V
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheather
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies