• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Impressive Recipes for Iron Chef & Comfort Food Shows

In summary, Nancy is looking for recipe ideas for two different shows she is doing in January. The first show is an Iron Pampered Chef show, and the men will do the main dish and the women will do the dessert. The second show is a comfort foods show, and she would like 1 recipe that showcases lots of products.
mrssyvo
I need recipe ideas for 2 different shows I am doing in January.

I am doing Iron Pampered Chef show (2 of them) These will be couples shows, and the men will do the main dish, and the women the dessert. I am looking for 2 impressive recipes that are pretty easy.

The rest of my kitchen shows I am doing comfort foods. I want 1 recipe that shows lots of products. I think I will also set up a hot chocolate bar (I saw great ideas on here for that) I am leaning towards foccacia bread, but not sure if that qualifies as comfort food.

Any ideas would be great.

For the main dish for the men, I might do the Taco Ring. It's very easy and with all of the garnishing ideas (pepper for salsa ect...) it really turns out to be a WOW recipe. :D

For the dessert, I've been making the Chocolate Mousse Cups (I use the phyllo dough in the stoneware muffin pan). It really shows a lot of different tools, and not to mention how yummy they are! :p

I hope this helps.

As far as comfort food, the Chicken Tortilla Soup (Main Dishes) is awesome!! and it is very show friendly! I have tripled the recipe for a show before and it got great reviews! ;)

Thank you for asking...it gave me ideas of what to offer my hosts in January too! :)

Nancy

Do you have the recipe for the Tortilla soup?

I think for january I am going to do a demo with cookware since February is cookware specials for hosts. On another website I saw and idea for making the garlic monkey bread and a hot broccoli dip to dip the bread in. You make the monkey bread in the skillet. I can post the recipe if anyone is interested.

Of course we're interested!!! That sounds absolutely yummy, or maybe I'm just starving! :)

I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good. I'll probably offer a skillet cake as the dessert if thy don't want to do the monkey bread. Anyway here's the recipes.

Attachments

• monkey bread and broccoli dip.doc
    22 KB · Views: 521
Hey Janel...As I'm reading your post about another message board and the monkey bread and hot broccoli dip I'm thinking 'that sounds familiar, wonder if it's the one I posted the recipes for?'. Then I just opened up your attachment, and yep! that's mine (my broccoli dip was centered on the page for whatever reason!)

Too funny that we both read that post there and this one here! :D

mrssyvo said:
Do you have the recipe for the Tortilla soup?

4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces)
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
4 teaspoons fresh cilantro, snipped
2 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
4 thick slices fresh lime (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut tortillas into 1/2 inch strips using Kitchen Shears. Place on flat Baking Stone. Bake 7-8 minutes or until crisp.

2. Meanwhile, chop onion using Food Chopper. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces using Chef's Knife. Heat 4 Qt. Casserole over medium high heat. Spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in borth, tomatoes and chilies. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

3. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Divide tortilla strips among 4 bowls. Ladle soup over tortillas using Nylon Ladle. Shred cheese over top with Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle soup with cilantro. Garnish each bowl with lime slice to squeeze juice into soup, if desired.

Yield: 4 servings

Thank you so much, that sounds perfect for a cold snowy day, especillay today, since we are buried in snow. First big snow storm of the year, and unfortunetly I have to travel this afternoon.

Yeah, Jodi, I got the idea and recipe of welovepamperedcheftoo. I thought it would be a cool idea for January since I live way north. Thanks for the recipes!

Janel,

Not a problem LOL. You mentioned you lived 'way north'. Where do you live? I live way north too, Canada :)

Jodi,
I don't live far from Canada- Minot AFB, North Dakota.

What is the purpose of the "Impressive Recipes for Iron Chef & Comfort Food Shows" cookbook?

The purpose of this cookbook is to provide a collection of impressive and delicious recipes that can be used for both Iron Chef competitions and comfort food shows. These recipes have been carefully selected and tested by our team of chefs to ensure they are both impressive and easy to make.

How many recipes are included in the "Impressive Recipes for Iron Chef & Comfort Food Shows" cookbook?

There are a total of 50 recipes included in this cookbook, with a mix of both Iron Chef-style dishes and comforting comfort food recipes. This variety ensures that there is something for everyone, no matter what type of cooking show you are hosting.

Are the recipes in this cookbook suitable for both beginners and experienced cooks?

Yes, our cookbook is designed to cater to cooks of all levels. The recipes range from simple and easy to follow, perfect for beginners, to more complex and challenging for experienced cooks looking to impress their guests.

Do the recipes in this cookbook require specialized equipment or ingredients?

Most of the recipes in this cookbook can be made with basic kitchen equipment and ingredients that are easily accessible. However, there are a few recipes that may require specific equipment or ingredients, but these are clearly noted in the recipe instructions.

Can the recipes in this cookbook be modified to accommodate dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of the recipes in this cookbook can be modified to accommodate dietary restrictions. We have included notes and suggestions for substitutions in the recipe instructions for common dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian/vegan options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire