• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe Ideas for New Deep Covered Baker

In summary, a customer was looking for ideas for using their Deep Covered Baker and the conversation resulted in some suggested recipes such as Caramel Apple Bread Pudding and Juiciest Roast Chicken from the Season's Best cookbook, as well as a recipe for Bachelors Roast and Roasted Pork & Potato Duet. They also mentioned a Facebook group with even more recipes for the Deep Covered Baker.
chefjenibel
Hello! I have a customer who was one of the lucky ones to have received her Deep Covered Baker before all of the hullaballoo......
Anyway, she was wondering if I had any ideas for her besides the Roast Chicken. I told her about the SB recipes and told her to check her Use and Care Card because that would have a recipe on it (I don't have it and wasn't able to check the website at the time to tell her myself)
Anyway, I told her you could do anything in it, basically. She was wondering about a pot roast and if she would have to adjust the temperature or anything. I didn't believe so, but I thought I would check with you all to see if anyone has any ideas/suggestions that I could share with her.
Any and all information is welcomed!!!!
Thanks!!!

Here are two recipes I know for sure!Caramel Apple Bread Pudding Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2006 page 28
Juiciest Roast Chicken Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2006 page 13

Then of course maybe you could find some recipes that needed the old covered baker and just use them in this new one.

Bachelors Roast

Place roast (about 3 pounds) in deep baking dish. Add onions or fresh pressed garlic. If there are any leftovers, just shred and mix with the sauce and you have BBQ for a couple of meals. Pour 1 can of coke and 2 cups of catsup over it. Put the baking bowl on top. Cook for about 30 minutes/pound.

Roasted Pork & Potato Duet

2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 center loin pork roast, rolled and tied (3 1/2-4 pounds)
1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into fourths (2-3 large)
1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into large chunks (3-4 medium)

Preheat oven to 350°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sage, garlic, thyme, salt and black pepper. Rub all but 2 teaspoons of the herb mixture evenly over the surface of pork roast. Place roast in Rectangular Baker. Toss potatoes with remaining herb mixture; arrange potatoes around roast. Cover with Rectangular Lid/Bowl. Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes. Using Oven Mitts, pull out oven rack and carefully remove Lid/Bowl from Baker, lifting away from you. Bake roast and potatoes, uncovered, 15-30 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer inserted into meat registers 155°F for medium or 165°F for well done. Remove potatoes to serving platter; set aside. Remove roast to cutting board. Loosely tent with aluminum foil. Let roast stand 10 minutes before carving.
Yield: 10 servings

So that's all I found so far. These recipes were for the old Baker and Lid which we can now use in the new Deep Dish baker.

Debbie :D

I made the Family Burrito Bake from the Deep Covered Baker Recipe Book last week and my entire family went crazy for it - even the picky eaters :)!

Are you on Facebook? There is a group called "I Love my DCB" - you can be added to it. There is a HUGE file and plenty of documents with dozens and dozens of DCB recipes.

1. How do I clean my new Deep Covered Baker?

To clean your Deep Covered Baker, simply soak it in warm soapy water for about 10 minutes and then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse with hot water and let it air dry before storing.

2. What types of recipes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasts, breads, and even desserts. You can find a wide range of recipe ideas on our website or in our product guide.

3. Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before use?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Deep Covered Baker for about 10 minutes before adding your ingredients. This helps to ensure even cooking and prevents the dish from sticking to the bottom.

4. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not microwave safe. It is designed to be used in conventional ovens only.

5. How do I know if my dish is done cooking in the Deep Covered Baker?

The best way to determine if your dish is done cooking is by using a meat thermometer for meat dishes. For other dishes, you can insert a toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clean. You can also refer to the cooking times and temperatures in our recipe guide for a general guideline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • NewbyPChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
NewbyPChef
Replies