• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe Help for a Meal to Take to a Family

In summary, Amanda is looking for recipes for lasagna, soup, chicken tetrazzini, and sweet and sour ham meatballs. She also recommends pepperoni rolls and a cheese or pizza sauce inside the rolls before baking.
jesusluvsu2005
I'm taking a meal to a family who just had a new baby. The only restrictions are no pork. Anyone got any ideas for something inexpensive but yummy? I'd also like to have a dessert too. Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I make lasagna a lot for families because they can freeze leftovers.Or a roast...A combination of mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes with a little cheese and garlic is a great variation.I usually make corn because it is the most "friendly" vegetable for families you don't know.Desserts...usually a trifle or something along those lines.

Ask ChefBeckyD - as a former personal chef I'm sure she'll have some great ideas too!

Lasagna is always a winner. I second that!

Oh yeah, forgot about 4 Season Herb Bread (Taste of Home Recipe).

Bake a chicken in the DCB. Dessert - brownies!

janetupnorth said:
Are you saying they are grieving all the future changing of those diapers? :rolleyes::p

Well....I know that thought has crossed my mind! Evan isn't even OUT of diapers yet and we are starting all over again by choice!! :eek::eek: Some friends and I were just laughing about that today!

When it's a new mom, I try not to take anything too strong with garlic, onion, or with cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cabbage, etc....) because if she is nursing, these can come through in the breast milk and make baby cranky.

I like to make soup. Unfortunately, soup is one of those things I don't have recipes for. I usually make a Beef Barley Vegetable, or a Chicken and Brown Rice soup. Those are full of good, healthy things for mom, and very quick to heat up and eat. Bring a loaf of fresh bread, and some apple butter, and a pan of brownies - especially if there are older siblings! I like to do brownies because they keep better than cookies or cake....and everyone likes them!

Chicken Tetrazzini is another good one.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini - Allrecipes

I also like to make Sweet and Sour Ham Meatballs, but they said no pork.

My aunt made me Turkey roll-ups when I had my little girl last year. Stuffing rolled up in turkey lunch meat covered w/ brown gravy! YUMMY!

& we also had someone bring over chicken & stuffing casserole! :)

OH YEA! & my mom kept a constant supply of Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies on our counter...

& homemade pepperoni rolls.. those were great to just grab when you wanted something little!!

NOW I AM HUNGRY!!

I usually make grilled chicken breasts, salad and a baked rice recipe. Brownies in the silicone floral cupcake pan. Simple dish but most people like it.

WLMcCoy said:
OH YEA! & my mom kept a constant supply of Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies on our counter...

& homemade pepperoni rolls.. those were great to just grab when you wanted something little!!

NOW I AM HUNGRY!!

Do you have a recipe for these? They sound DELICIOUS!

WLMcCoy said:

NOW I AM HUNGRY!!

What are these? Never heard of them....

the Cheesy Chicken Tortellini from Stoneware Inspirations, with a green salad, garlic bread, and brownies for dessert.

ooohh I have a recipe for the peanut butter cornflake cookies. Maybe not the same, but I love them and they are super easy.
6 cups cornflakes
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter

Combine corn syrup and white sugar in a large pot- heat until sugar is dissolved and just comes to a boil.
Add Peanut Butter and mix until blended. Remove from heatlespoon) full onto wax paper to cool.

Now I have to go buy cornflakes to make these.

Thanks everyone!! You've given me some great ideas!
God bless,
Amanda

I agree with Becky make something less spicy just in case of a nursing mother. Otherwise you might be know as the person who brought ??? and baby kept everyone up all night fussing.

kcjodih said:
What are these? Never heard of them....

I thought EVERYONE knew what a pepperoni roll was until I moved to Cincinnati, OH & I could not buy them anywhere. It must be a West Virginia thing. You can even buy them everywhere here! Even chains like WalMart
It's so simple & DELICIOUS.
Pepperoni Rolls
1 loaf frozen bread
1 package of thinly sliced pepperoni

Let bread rise until double in bulk. Cut into six equal parts. Pat or roll out. Place 4-5 slizes of pepperoni in dough & roll up. Pinch ends together. Place rolled side down on greased cookie sheet. Let rise until double in size. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Then I spread butter on top, just like w/ homemade rolls!
^^You could also add cheese or pizza sauce inside before baking. My favorite thing to add it hot pepper cheese. Not so great for a breastfeeding mommy though!

& Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies (My mama's recipe)
16 oz. Peanut Butter
16 oz. Corn Syrup, light
2 c. Sugar
10 c. Corn Flakes

In large pan, bring to boil sugar & syrup. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter. Pour in flakes, mix well. Spoon out on wax paper. Let harden.

^^^^My favorite!!! & again, very easy to make!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to both of you for the pb cornflake recipe and also to you for the pepperoni rolls. Can't say I ever heard of them but they DO sound yummy!

1. How can I find a recipe that will be easy to transport to a family gathering?

One option is to browse through our collection of "Potluck Perfect" recipes which are specifically designed for sharing and transporting. You can also use our search function to filter recipes by "Make-Ahead" or "Transportable" options.

2. What types of recipes are best for large family gatherings?

Casseroles, slow cooker meals, and sheet pan dinners are all great options for feeding a crowd. These types of recipes can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a larger group.

3. How can I ensure that the recipe I choose will be enjoyed by everyone?

Consider any dietary restrictions or allergies that your family members may have and search for recipes that accommodate those needs. You can also ask for input from other family members to get an idea of what they would like to eat.

4. Are there any recipes that are budget-friendly for feeding a large family?

Yes, we have a section of "Budget-Friendly" recipes that offer tasty and affordable options for family meals. You can also use our search function to filter recipes by "Low-Cost" options.

5. How can I make sure the recipe I choose will be a hit with the kids?

We have a selection of kid-friendly recipes that are sure to please even the pickiest eaters. You can also involve your kids in the meal planning process and let them choose a recipe that they would like to try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • allergycooker
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcjodih