• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's a Delicious Non-Dessert Recipe for a Trifle Bowl?

In summary, to make a trifle in a Pampered Chef trifle bowl, you should start by layering pieces of cake or cookies on the bottom of the bowl and then adding layers of filling and repeating until the bowl is filled. The size of trifle bowl needed will depend on the specific recipe, but a standard 2-quart bowl is a good rule of thumb. You can use any type of cake in your trifle, including sponge cake, pound cake, angel food cake, or brownies. It is recommended to let your trifle chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving and leftovers should be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
pamperedchefdt
I need a recipe for a carry-in for work using the trifle bowl. It needs to be fruit salad based, but not a dessert. Something impressive to look at and taste fabulous.

Here are all my trifle bowl recipes!

Attachments

• Trifle Bowl Recipes.doc
    410.5 KB · Views: 1,091
  • Trifle Bowl Salad Recipes.doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 605
Holy cow thank you!!

Thank you very much for the recipes. The "Layered Fruit Salad Recipe" looks perfect. Can you tell me if it will fill the trifle bowl as is, or do I need to double the recipe. I tried to figure it, but it's looks to me that it will be a little short.
Thanks!!!

pamperedchefdt said:
Thank you very much for the recipes. The "Layered Fruit Salad Recipe" looks perfect. Can you tell me if it will fill the trifle bowl as is, or do I need to double the recipe. I tried to figure it, but it's looks to me that it will be a little short.
Thanks!!!

I haven't made this one yet, I would buy extra of the fruit and see as you go. If you dont' need to use it, you have fruit for the house!

Thanks for your help!!! I made it this afternoon. I added a little more fruit than it called for, but not doubled. :chef:

wow what a collection, thanks for sharing.

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I have the perfect recipe for you. How about a savory Mediterranean Quinoa Salad in the trifle bowl? It's a refreshing and healthy option that is sure to impress your coworkers. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, bell peppers, cucumber, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese, parsley, and mint.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
4. Transfer the salad to the trifle bowl, pressing down lightly to pack it in.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
6. Before serving, give the salad a quick toss and garnish with additional feta cheese and herbs, if desired.This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is not only beautiful to look at in the trifle bowl, but it's also delicious and healthy. Your coworkers will be impressed by the presentation and taste. Enjoy!

1. How do I make a trifle in a Pampered Chef trifle bowl?

To make a trifle in a Pampered Chef trifle bowl, start by layering pieces of cake or cookies on the bottom of the bowl. Then add a layer of your desired filling, such as pudding or fruit. Repeat these layers until the bowl is filled, and then top with whipped cream or other toppings.

2. What size trifle bowl should I use for a specific recipe?

The size of trifle bowl needed will depend on the specific recipe. However, as a general rule of thumb, a standard 2-quart trifle bowl will work well for most trifle recipes.

3. Can I use a different type of cake in my trifle bowl?

Absolutely! While sponge cake is the traditional cake used in trifles, you can use any type of cake you like such as pound cake, angel food cake, or even brownies.

4. Do I need to let my trifle chill before serving?

Yes, it is recommended to let your trifle chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the layers to set.

5. How should I store leftovers of my trifle?

If you have leftovers of your trifle, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. It should keep well for 2-3 days, but it is best to consume it within 24 hours for optimal freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • dancedivine