• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Puppy Chow Recipe for Your Child's Clifford-Themed Birthday Party

In summary, Sarah is preparing a Clifford party and needs a quick and simple puppy show recipe. She thought about putting this in little zip lock bags in their treat bags. The party is Thursday at McDonald's if yall want to come eat some.
jrstephens
My son will be 3 Thursday and we are having a Clifford party. I need a quick and simple puppy show recipe. I thought I had plenty of stuff for treats, but do not, so, I thought about putting this in little zip lock bags in their treat bags.

Their "Doggy Bags" have a little Clifford and a dog whistle in it now. I made dog bones out of decorating dough and am tying them to the outside of the brown paper bags.

And any other quick and simple ideas are appreciated. We have revival all this week so I am doing a little each night to prepare. I taking off work Thursday.

oh my word. why did you have to say puppy chow!?!?!?! I will be craving that all day now. thanks....
this stuff is soooo good. it should be illegal

CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW

9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

Thanks, Sarah!! What does the powdered sugar do for the recipe? Just make it taste good?

I think I have everything but the cereal for it.

Jennifer~

You mix all of the other ingredients while it is still in the bowl- then when you put it in the bag with the powd. sugar, it coats it!

Holy cow...that stuff is addictive! Take it from me- save yourself a small bag and make sure you GIVE AWAY the rest unless you want to eat it all!! :)

I have said I am going on a diet after this party - too busy right now to bother. So, I will eat it all and THEN diet, HAHA!!!

I don't think I have ever had it before. Will I see the white sugar on it? I am just trying to picture that.

The party is Thursday at McDonald's if yall want to come eat some!!

Most of the powdered sugar will kindof soak into the melted choc/etc., but you will be able to tell that it's on there. It also adds a great sweetness to the outside of the pieces.

Quick puppy chow story for ya. I teach a couple of kids cooking classes through a local rec department. A few weeks ago, my theme was "The dog days of summer." We were making puppy chow and pupperoni pizza twists. When the class was getting started, one little 7 year old raised her hand and said, "I'm donating my puppy chow to the humane society. I'm not allowed to eat dog food." It was sooooo hard for me not to laugh...

dianevill said:
Quick puppy chow story for ya. I teach a couple of kids cooking classes through a local rec department. A few weeks ago, my theme was "The dog days of summer." We were making puppy chow and pupperoni pizza twists. When the class was getting started, one little 7 year old raised her hand and said, "I'm donating my puppy chow to the humane society. I'm not allowed to eat dog food." It was sooooo hard for me not to laugh...

That is sooo funny! What is pupperoni twist? Is this something I could put in a treat bag? But then now that I am typing I am thinking it is a breadstick with pepperoni that I could not put in them.

You're right - it's breadsticks with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Probably wouldn't go into a bag so well!

sarahmarie said:
oh my word. why did you have to say puppy chow!?!?!?! I will be craving that all day now. thanks....
I agree completely, last time we had a whole group bring snacks to work thing was I think early this year someone made some, and I hadn't had it in SOOOO long, I pigged out on it, I can't believe I ate so much of it, LOL, but it is SOOOOOOOO good, YUMMMMMMMMMM!

Diane,
that reminds me of when my daughter was 2 1/2 and we were headed to Iowa for Christmas. We were in Kansas in the middle of the night it was rainy & cold & all of our clothes were locked in our luggage carrier so all the gifts could be safe inside the van.
DH was hungry so I handed him the bag of jerky I'd brought, the boys wanted some & I gave Ashley a little, she liked it so we gave her more then she asked our MS what it was and he told her jerky, she immediately thought of the dog jerky treats she would give my neighbors dog, gagged herself and vomitted all over him. We had to strip him down wipe him with kleenex and ice tea and crank the heat up.
There was no way we could have rooted thru the suitcases to get him clean clothes..

Oh, how funny...now, anyway! I bet not so funny then!

dianevill said:

That is so sweet, don't kids say the funniest things:D

sarahmarie said:

CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW

9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

I keep hearing about this Puppy Chow but have never tried it. I love to snack so I think I'll stay away from this it sounds too good!

So glad you posted this recipe!! I just had this over the 4th. I was told it was called "puppy chow" but the person who made it wasn't there so I couldn't get the recipe - now I have it - lucky me!!

Susan

Just as a side note: When I make puppy chow, I put the powdered sugar in a large bowl, used to use a huge Tupperware bowl, but now use the large PC SS bowl. Makes it easy to shake and store and even transport. :)

For those of you raising an eyebrow at me, the powdered sugar always gets in the "sealing runners" for me and then won't seal properly or on some days it is just hard to grasp the slippery plastic bag to shake it. ;)

i have also heard this recipe called white trash and a few other names! It is adicting! Hmmmm...maybe i will make some on friday night!?!?!?!

an older lady at our church makes it every year for our bazaar and she labels it white trash I think she throws pecans in too

I was at the grocery store yesterday and saw chocolate Chex in the cereal aisle. You could make double-chocolate Puppy Chow by using that!

Thanks, guys! I'm doing a fundraiser for an animal rescue and needed something like this to deliver to local vets and other related businesses to announce our fundraiser and this is just perfect. I knew I could count on you!

1. What ingredients do I need for the Easy Puppy Chow Recipe?

The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:

• 9 cups of Chex cereal
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup of peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 cup of red, yellow, and green M&M's (optional for Clifford's colors)

2. Can I use a different type of cereal for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of Chex cereal for this recipe. However, if you prefer a different type of cereal, you can try substituting it for the Chex.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 9 cups of puppy chow, which is equivalent to about 9-12 servings, depending on how much each person wants to eat.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days. Just make sure to store it in a cool, dry place.

5. How can I make this recipe nut-free?

If you or your child has a nut allergy, you can substitute the peanut butter for sunflower seed butter or soy butter. You can also omit the M&M's if they contain nuts and use a different type of candy for decoration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Wendyss
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefann
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies