• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it time for Pampered Chef to bring back their product fundraiser program?

The product fundraiser was discontinued on 7/31, but the company still offers Kitchen Show Fundraisers. Some people believe that our product is a better value than other fundraising items, so even with a lower percentage, it can still be successful. It's important to be creative and promote the Kitchen Show fundraisers to have a successful outcome.
CHEFINGREEN
One of the reasons I joined Pampered Chef was because of the fundraising program. I was impressed by the fact that they had an order form for the product fundraiser similar to what other fundraisers have which made it easy for kids to go door to door or to hand to friends/relatives to look at quickly. Plus the 40% profit to the organization was really great. I wish Pampered Chef would have lowered the profit to 30% rather than completely discontinuing the product fundraiser. I just lost two fundraisers to another company that offers 30%. At 15% you just can't compete with other fundraising programs. I know the kitchen show fundraiser is still there, but it's just not the same. We no longer have a market where we can compete with companies that have the catalog fundraisers. Do you think PC was losing that much money on the product fundraisers? I can't believe that they discontinued it because no one used it. Now I'm looking at a second business just to meet fundraising needs. Do you have any comments out there?

-CHEFINGREEN

Agree!I definitely agree with you. I had a large company that contacted me about doing a fundraiser but when we got the to numbers, I completely lost out. She told me Avon was giving 40% and that the company wouldn't consider anyone giving less that 30%. I wish they would bring the old fundraisers back!!

FundraisersI wish they had not discontinued the Product Fundraiser, but I had never done a classic fundraiser before and just had one as a catalog show. It was the largest fundraiser I ever had. I know that when I look at the Kitchen Consultant News in the past, the big fundraiser amounts were always for the classic.

Okay, I am confused??? I just had a meeting with my director and she says that there are still fundraisers. I was approached by one of the kids sports teams and asked if I would do a fundraiser for them. I spoke with my director and she gave me a sheet that has 10 different items on it for sale. Is this still good or not? I don't want to send the kids out there and then they have to go back and refund money. I hate to look like a fool and set the team back by not being able to get the funds they need.

The product fundraiser was discontinued 7/31. We can still do Kitchen Show Fundraisers.

Product fundraiser compared to othersHome Interiors just came out with a new program offering 50%
They have also come out with a whole new line of candles,hand soaps and lotions. This was frustrating, but we just need to get more creative and "sell" the idea. Unfortunately, I am not that creative! LOL
Hang in there Cheffies!

I don't think the company will bring back a more competitive fundraising program. Even when we had the two if you looked in the KCN most of the highest ones were always kitchen shows.

Now I agree on the surface we don't look competitive, but we have a great product. Most fundraisers are a ripoff to the buyer- wrapping paper- candy in mini boxes etc. Our percent may be lower but the public wants our product, knows it's a good value, and will buy. Plus many consultants will add in part of their commision to the organization so the percentage earned is higher.

I wouldn't look at doing a fundraiser to get rich but rather to help a worthy organization and the exposure for your business can be priceless.

We just need to look at the fundraising aspect of our business in a more different and more positive way.

Not crazy about the product fundraiserBack before I was a consultant, I was a buying guest from the product fundraiser. However, being such a PC junkie at the time, I found that there was really nothing I could buy, because I had at least 1 of everything.

We just need to sell our "Kitchen Show" fundraisers and help the people benefiting from this fundraiser to pump up attendance for the best outcome for everyone!!!

Fundraisers
CHEFINGREEN said:
One of the reasons I joined Pampered Chef was because of the fundraising program. I was impressed by the fact that they had an order form for the product fundraiser similar to what other fundraisers have which made it easy for kids to go door to door or to hand to friends/relatives to look at quickly. Plus the 40% profit to the organization was really great. I wish Pampered Chef would have lowered the profit to 30% rather than completely discontinuing the product fundraiser. I just lost two fundraisers to another company that offers 30%. At 15% you just can't compete with other fundraising programs. I know the kitchen show fundraiser is still there, but it's just not the same. We no longer have a market where we can compete with companies that have the catalog fundraisers. Do you think PC was losing that much money on the product fundraisers? I can't believe that they discontinued it because no one used it. Now I'm looking at a second business just to meet fundraising needs. Do you have any comments out there?

-CHEFINGREEN
I just got started in PC when they discontinued the product fundraiser, but rescently I have done a few and I could see where if I had done the product the organization would have made a lot more money than they did. I wish they would bring it back..Donna of Louisiana

I agree that I wish they hadn't discontinued the product fundraiser, but my director said that the products were all marked up higher than what they were in the catalog. This is what gave them the higher sales percentage. Also the products were lower priced items, nothing over $12 I believe (don't quote me on it), so the sales would be lower than a classic show. I did notice on one of the Yahoo groups that i belong to, someone put together a Cookbook Fundraiser. She created her own sales order form similar to what you normally see for a fundraiser, but it was only the PC cookbooks. They sold the cookbooks for $15 each. I'm assuming (I haven't checked into this), that you could create the same thing with other key products.

Instead of saying all of this in ChefSuccess you all need to write letters to Pampered Chef complaining about this!!! I did and they listened. I received a phone call from Home Office letting me know they received it. Now, whether anything is going to be done about it, I don't know. It is frustrating competing against Home Interior, Avon, etc when they all offer 30-50% and we offer 10-15%!! Its hard to rely on highschoolers to help sell our products!! Even if the organization sells $1,000 which sounds awesome they only make $150, that's not a lot! I live in a small community where there are a lot of organizations but they may only have 5-20 members so that puts alot of pressure on them to invite or sell. I definately want the other fundraiser back, talk about EASY!! and thats what I like!

Lori

One other thing to note is that the items that were in the product fundraiser cost more than if the customer was to buy them at a Kitchen Show. That is true with Tupperware, and other groups....

So is it better to sell products at an inflated cost? I don't know....

I've heard of people creating their own fundraisers by selling products at an inflated cost and giving the difference ot the fundraising organization...is that against the compnay policy? :confused:

fundraisersThe items in the product fundraiser did cost a little more - around 50 cents for most items, however, the guest did not have to pay any shipping so they actually saved money in the long run. And, most fundraisers will have a slightly higher price. You aren't really buying out of neccesity anyway, you are buying to help the organization. I would loved our fundraiser idea. I have bought so many candy tins that had 2 or 3 pieces of candy in them and wrapping paper and cheap jewelry to help organization. At least with PC you actually received something of value. Just my opinion.

Shawnna

I also think they should bring back the old fund raiser back it sounded great.
It would also help consultants with business to have the option to offer people .

1. What is the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program?

The "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program is a special fundraising opportunity offered by Pampered Chef. It allows organizations to sell Pampered Chef products and earn a percentage of the sales as a fundraiser.

2. How can my organization participate in the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program?

To participate in the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to our customer service team. They will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary information and materials.

3. How much can my organization earn through the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program?

The amount your organization can earn through the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program depends on the total sales made during the fundraiser. Typically, organizations can earn up to 15-20% of the sales as a fundraiser.

4. Are there any costs or fees associated with the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program?

No, there are no costs or fees associated with the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program. Pampered Chef provides all the necessary materials and support for the fundraiser, free of charge.

5. How long does the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program last?

The duration of the "Need Product Fundraiser Back!" program can vary depending on the needs of your organization. Typically, fundraisers last for 2-3 weeks, but Pampered Chef is flexible and can accommodate longer or shorter periods if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • lacar602
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • loreo