• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Paper Storage Tips: Organizing and Managing Your Paperwork Efficiently

In summary, The author suggests keeping copies of receipts in a binder by last name, filing cabinet with them in show number order, and printing out show summaries to put in the binder. She also recommends paper clipping them together and keeping them together after the show has shipped and the orders are received and correct. The author agrees with Sharon that there is no need to keep the receipts and shreds them after the show has shipped.
Rossana
Gold Member
Hi everyone,
I am only with PC a few months but am starting to pile up on paper work. When I doing cooking shows, I use the two plly reciepts. My question is this; how do you store al of these? I started a binder and put the reciepts and show summy in the plastic sleeves, but do I really need to keep of of this? How long? Any suggestions for me? I already have ten shows in one binder so it's getting pretty full. HELP!!

I create a file folder for every show and I have a filing cabinet with them in show number order. I print out the show summary from P3 to put in there also. I don't trust the computers and back up and want to make sure that I have record of what's ordered and customer information for each show. It's worked for me for 7 1/2 years (don't do PC full-time, so not a huge number of files).

Thanks! I also put the show summary in there

I have been debating on what to do with my copies of receipts. Right now, I have them in a binder by last name. I have another binder that has my hosts summary by last name. This system has worked for me, but I'm hoping when the new system comes about, I can shred all of this paperwork

ChefGwendolyn said:
I have been debating on what to do with my copies of receipts. Right now, I have them in a binder by last name. I have another binder that has my hosts summary by last name. This system has worked for me, but I'm hoping when the new system comes about, I can shred all of this paperwork

This sounds pretty brilliant to me! I'll be switching to this ASAP.

Kate-
Just so you know, when I have a guest/host that has multiple reciepts or host summaries, I paper clip them together. It makes it easier for customer care calls, or to ask hosts to host again. I like to have everything together so when I call I can remind them.

After the show has shipped and the orders are received and correct - I shred them. That turns into a lot of paperwork and you have it on P3 or in the online system. No need for the clutter, as far as I am concerned.

I agree with Sharon. I do not keep the receipts. In the last 5 1/2 years, I rarely have the need to go back to them. I do run the Show Summary Report for each show, and keep those in a binder (filed by month, 1 binder for each year), and I keep the DPDS with them (unless they are a booking/recruiting lead. I have a separate binder for that), and use that binder for customer care calls.

thanks everyone!!

1. What is the best way to store my paper documents?

The best way to store paper documents is in a cool, dry, and dark environment. This will help prevent damage from humidity, sunlight, and other environmental factors.

2. How should I organize my paper documents for storage?

It is recommended to organize your paper documents by category or in chronological order. This will make it easier to locate specific documents when needed.

3. What types of containers should I use for paper storage?

Containers such as archival boxes, file folders, and plastic bins are great options for storing paper documents. Make sure they are acid-free to prevent damage to your documents.

4. How often should I check on my paper documents in storage?

It is recommended to check on your paper documents at least once a year to ensure they are in good condition and to prevent any potential damage from occurring.

5. Are there any special precautions I should take when storing valuable or sensitive paper documents?

Yes, it is important to store valuable or sensitive paper documents in a secure and locked location. You may also want to consider making digital copies of these documents for added protection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jnnfrc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Amyla324
  • ChefCat
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kayleigh
  • kristamk