• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Business Organization Tips for Managing Receipts and Documents

In summary, Stephanie is trying to find ways to be more organized and keep track of her drawing slips and party addresses. She is also scanning her slips and addresses for future parties.
stephgsl1
Do anyone have any tips on organizing our business. I'm not sure how to go about it. It seems I have receipts and drawing slips EVERYWHERE!! LOL
Any help would be SOOO appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephanie

I don't know if I am the most organized when it comes to the drawing slips but one thing I started doing is I bought a notebook and I am listing each hostess on a page. I put the date and time of the show in one corner and then their address, phone#. And then each time I contact them I write the date and what was talked about, if they have their packet, when I send them the email links to the website, recipe we are doing, everything! Because I honestly cannot keep track without writing everything down!

I have had a pile of drawing slips on my desk and after I got home from conference, I sat down with the pile and in that same notebook, I put anyone down that said maybe or I had notes to contact them, put 5 to a page and that is going to be my contact list for a while. I actually found I had a catalog show scheduled for 8/14 that I didn't even remember when going through them, so that was a good thing I did it.
I have found that last year when I was doing 1-3 shows a month, it was so much easier to keep track of things, and not that I am complaining but when you get to the point when you have so many bookings and then people interested, it gets alot harder to keep things straight and working a full time job doesn't help any!
I asked one of the presenters at conference how they keep things organized, and she said that using P3 to keep track of notes and then running reports is what she does. I haven't played enough with that to really know if that would help me or not. (again, finding time in the day is my biggest issue!)
I'm sure there are more idea's out there and I'll be reading them too because any idea's that can help in this area would be great!!!

Scroll down on this page and you'll find some other threads that may be of use.

I use the drawing slips to designate a guest as Potential Host or Potential Recruit in P3. I also use them to add people to my newsletter lists. I pull any slips for people who have scheduled their own shows. Then I toss the rest.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm off to buy binders and labels! ;)

Binders and clear page protectors can organize any office. Everything should be within easy reach and labeled clearly. Maintaining it is the key.

I just started stapling them at the top of a sheet of loose leaf paper and putting them in a 3 ring binder. I then make notes next to them on the page. I do throw some away, but have actually started making calls this week, and I can then make notes on the page as to the outcome of the call. Eventually I will have tabs and be able to catergorize them as to how they should be organized and when to contact next. I can then schedule to call someone the following month to schedule a show or something.
I am going going for the "NO" as promoted at conference. I was really touched by the story that the guy told about hid dad calling a customer ever quarter for 14 years without any results and then getting the full account b/c of his persistence.

I just bought the NeatReceipts scanner/program and am loving it!

When I get home from a show, i'm scanning all my door prize slips (with phone/contact) information on it. I have create folders for each month, Jan - Dec and will put the door prize slip in the month to follow up with. I always ask what month they'd like me to follow up after the customer care call and if they say Feb, i take their door prize slip and transfer it to the Feb month (with a note on the file on why).

If they want to host when a certain product goes on sale (yes there wish list), I create a folder on the product (i.e. cool n serv/knives/cookware) and throw the door prize slip in there.

I'm also scanning my addresses for parties - to help secure a repeat show from a past host.

I hate paper and I'm so unorganized, this software program/scanner - is really helping.

Along with writing info on notebook paper as others have said, I bought month tabs for my binder and arrange them that way -- I think this was a tele-class. This has helped me tremendously! I use P3 tasks, too, so I don't miss anything, but make notes in the binder.Sandi

What are some organization tips for the kitchen?

1. Utilize drawer and cabinet organizers to keep utensils and tools in their designated spaces. This will save time and minimize clutter on countertops.

2. Label containers and jars to easily identify ingredients and keep them organized in the pantry.

3. Use stackable shelves or risers to maximize vertical space in cabinets and make items more accessible.

4. Store similar items together, such as baking supplies in one area and cooking oils and spices in another, to streamline meal prep.

5. Implement a system for regularly cleaning out and decluttering the fridge, freezer, and pantry to keep them organized and prevent food waste.

How can I keep my pantry organized?

1. Use clear storage containers to store dry goods and snacks, making it easier to see and access items.

2. Group similar items together, such as canned goods or baking essentials, on designated shelves or in labeled bins.

3. Consider using a lazy Susan or turntable for easy access to items stored in the back of the pantry.

4. Utilize over-the-door organizers for additional storage space for smaller items like spices or condiments.

5. Regularly check expiration dates and dispose of expired items to keep the pantry clutter-free.

How do I organize my kitchen cabinets?

1. Utilize shelf dividers to create designated spaces for items like plates, baking sheets, and cutting boards.

2. Store pots and pans vertically with a pan organizer to save space and make them more accessible.

3. Use tension rods to create extra storage for cutting boards, pot lids, and other small items.

4. Install hooks or a magnetic strip to hang frequently used utensils or knives.

5. Consider using stackable containers or baskets to store smaller items like Tupperware lids or spice packets.

What are some tips for organizing a small kitchen?

1. Utilize wall space by installing shelves or a pegboard to hang pots, pans, and utensils.

2. Maximize cabinet and drawer space with organizers and stackable shelves.

3. Use multi-purpose tools and appliances to save counter and storage space.

4. Utilize the space above cabinets for additional storage, such as storing cookbooks or decorative items.

5. Regularly declutter and only keep essential items in the kitchen to prevent overcrowding.

How can I organize my refrigerator?

1. Use clear storage containers to group similar items together, making them easier to find and access.

2. Utilize fridge bins and organizers to create designated spaces for items like fruits, vegetables, and condiments.

3. Keep frequently used items at eye level for easy access.

4. Utilize the space on the fridge door for storing items like sauces and dressings.

5. Regularly clean out and dispose of expired or spoiled items to keep the refrigerator organized and prevent food waste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefZee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • tpasto
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tpasto
  • SusanK