• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Fall/Winter Trifle Recipes: Share Your Opinions!

I am thinking it might be fun to make a trifle using the torte pans...maybe use the pumpkin filling instead of pudding. Have you tried it? :chef:Hey I was looking for something else to do with the Torte pans...that Black Forest Trifle just might have to be modified for that! Looks yummy!Janet's Peanut Butter Trifle is excellent!
kam
Staff member
I would really like to offer (push) trifles for my Oct/Nov shows (since the Dec special is the Trifle Bowl).

I like to make a Pumpkin Trifle Recipe (that I got from here last year). But I would really like to offer one other.

The new one from this Season's SB didn't thrill me to make. And I heard a lot of complaints about last Fall's Trifle (Chocolate-Raspberry Cookie Trifle) not looking all that nice or tall when done.

So what are some good Trifle recipes to demo for the Fall/Winter? I loved the one from the Summer - but obviously want to stay away from needing the fresh fruit. I would prefer some thoughts on the PC ones, but non-PC ones are OK too.

Thanks!

This one is delish! Someone always takes one of my scrapers and cleans out my trifle bowl!

Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle
1 pkg (18.25 oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
4 t instant coffee
1/4 C warm water
1 3/4 C cold milk
2 pkgs (3.4 oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2 C thawed, frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars (1.5 oz each), coarsely chopped (Heath or Skor bars)
Additional whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Rectangular Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Bake as directed. Cool completely.

2. Dissolve coffee granules in water in Classic Batter Bowl. Add milk and pudding mix; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk. Gently fold in whipped topping using Classic Scraper.

3. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes using Serrated Bread Knife. Chop toffee bars using Food Chopper. Layer 1/3 of the brownie cubes onto bottom of chilled Chillzanne® Bowl. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture; press lightly. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping using Easy Accent® Decorator

That pumpkin trifle sounds really good....can you post the recipe
Thanks....Danielle

Search on here for Janet's Peanut Butter Cup Trifle--it's amazing.

Janet's Peanut Butter Trifle is excellent!

Also - Black Forest Trifle if you would like to have some fruit - it uses cherry pie filling!

Attachments

• Peanut Butter Cup Trifle from JanetUpNorth.doc
    72 KB · Views: 474
  • Black Forest Trifle 001.doc
    96.5 KB · Views: 373
DebbieJ said:
Forgot all about that one! I will look!

Here is the Pumkin Trifle Recipe:

Cake Layer
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (and ingredients to make it)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Plus

Pumpkin Layer
1 Large Box Vanilla Pudding
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 (15oz) can pumpkin (without spices)
3/4 tsp Cinnamon Plus
16 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

Top Layer
1 Small Box French Vanilla Pudding
1 Cup Milk
8 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

1) Mix the Cinnamon Plus in with the cake mix, add the other ingredients that the box calls for. Bake. When cool, cube.

2)Mix large box of pudding, 1 1/2 cups of milk, Can Pumpkin, and Cinnamon Plus mix that well, fold in 16 oz Whipped Topping

3)Combine 1 cup Milk, Small box of Pudding, fold in 8 oz whipped topping.

To assemble your trifle place part of the cubed cake in the trifle bowl, put pumpkin mixture on top of that then top with pudding mixture. Repeat.

The recipe doesn't say, but I am doing three layers, using 1/3 of each at a time.

ChefBeckyD said:

Also - Black Forest Trifle if you would like to have some fruit - it uses cherry pie filling!

Does the Black Forest Trifle fill up the Trifle Bowl? I only wonder since some of the older recipes were for the Large Chillzanne (I think) and I am not sure how they are for the Trifle Bowl...

Thanks for posting the PB Trifle.

DebbieJ said:

Hey thanks! I just made that for a show Saturday and it was devoured again!

ChefBeckyD said:

Hey I was looking for something else to do with the Torte pans...that Black Forest Trifle just might have to be modified for that! Looks yummy!

How about using the PB Torte from this season's SBRC as a starting point, but making it into a trifle instead? Make the brownie in a bar pan, then cut/break up into pieces. Make some extra filling (the marshmallow/chip mixture) and layer that with the brownies and cut up PB cups.

janetupnorth said:
Hey I was looking for something else to do with the Torte pans...that Black Forest Trifle just might have to be modified for that! Looks yummy!

Are there any PC recipes using the torte pans? I have a Betty Crocker cookbook that has recipes using cake mixes, and there are a couple that use torte pans. Let me know if you'd like to see them. :chef:

janetupnorth said:
If you search for "Flan Pans" I posted a bunch of recipes that were for the old PC flan pans. They'd work with the torte pans.Edited to add: Check out this- http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/torte-recipies-15280/#post134276

chefann said:
How about using the PB Torte from this season's SBRC as a starting point, but making it into a trifle instead? Make the brownie in a bar pan, then cut/break up into pieces. Make some extra filling (the marshmallow/chip mixture) and layer that with the brownies and cut up PB cups.

Oooohhhh - Good idea. I have wanted to make the new Torte - but don't have the pans yet. Yes, this could work as a trifle. How about adding a thin layer of cool whip....

There's one on here that's called a ho-ho trifle. It's made with hoho little debbie cakes and cherry pie filling. It looks really tasty.

kam said:
Oooohhhh - Good idea. I have wanted to make the new Torte - but don't have the pans yet. Yes, this could work as a trifle. How about adding a thin layer of cool whip....

Just look at my peanut butter cup trifle recipe...it is basically the same but switch pudding and cool whip for marshmellows.

I LOVE Janet's PB Cup trifle! It is amazing! Now I just need an excuse to make it not at a show so I can finally eat some! (I've only been able to lick the spoon at my friend's show after everyone left) :)

babywings76 said:
Are there any PC recipes using the torte pans? I have a Betty Crocker cookbook that has recipes using cake mixes, and there are a couple that use torte pans. Let me know if you'd like to see them. :chef:

Darn...I just whipped out that recipe book and realized that they named some things as tortes but didn't use torte pans. Oh well.:rolleyes:

what about the blueberry/lemon one in 29 minutes? havent tried it myself, but it looks very appealing in the bowl...

babywings76 said:
Darn...I just whipped out that recipe book and realized that they named some things as tortes but didn't use torte pans. Oh well.:rolleyes:

A torte is basically a layered cake, so you can use our torte pans for those.

GourmetGirl said:
I LOVE Janet's PB Cup trifle! It is amazing! Now I just need an excuse to make it not at a show so I can finally eat some! (I've only been able to lick the spoon at my friend's show after everyone left) :)

I used Janet's PB Brownie Trifle recipe at my open house and it was a HUGE hit. VERY YUMMY!!! :)

I currently have two on my website. I get a lot of RAVE REVIEWS on BOTH!

/vanessawilliams

Janet's PBC Trifle is AMAZING! I got 3 leads from taking that to a friend's party. They gladly gave me their emails and told me to PLEASE email them the recipe AND put them on my emails list for PC! YAY!

Man, wish I could start collecting royalties. ;)

Just kidding, glad it is loved and gets business!

janetupnorth said:

Janet... I am sure you could collect the extra pounds from everyone who is eating and loving it :) hehehe :p

chefann said:

That is a great idea! I have been wanting to make this, but I don't have the torte pans.

These all sound so good!!

They all sound fantastic!!!!!

I have several requests for the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle... in the new SB. It's really easy to make and tastes fantastic!:thumbup:

I've been making Turtle Trifle

It is similar to the PB one.

I layer brownies (or chocolate cake), put caramel sundae syrup over that, then chocolate pudding (use two small boxes with 3 c. milk), then chopped pecans, then cool whip. I top it with PC Caramel Sprinkles.

SOOOOO YUMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY!

khergatt said:
I've been making Turtle Trifle

It is similar to the PB one.

I layer brownies (or chocolate cake), put caramel sundae syrup over that, then chocolate pudding (use two small boxes with 3 c. milk), then chopped pecans, then cool whip. I top it with PC Caramel Sprinkles.

SOOOOO YUMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY!

That sounds really good. And Easy. Do you do the layers twice or three times?

I do the layers three times. I just think it looks better that way.

janetupnorth said:

Just kidding, glad it is loved and gets business!

I'm going to do this one at a show next week and I can't wait!! Just a quick question....is it 3 cups of milk? I saw in the directions about 3 vs. 4 cups of milk because it'll make it thicker, but I didn't see the milk listed in the ingredients. Just wanted to double check!!!

Thanks!!!

Another question about the PB triffle ...The "low budget" stores I shopped did not have "dark chocolate" brownies or pudding ... do you think if I added, say, a tablespoon or so of cocoa powder to each it would achieve the desired effect?

pamperedbecky said:
I'm going to do this one at a show next week and I can't wait!! Just a quick question....is it 3 cups of milk? I saw in the directions about 3 vs. 4 cups of milk because it'll make it thicker, but I didn't see the milk listed in the ingredients. Just wanted to double check!!!

Thanks!!!

Yes, just saw this Becky. I use 3 cups milk instead of 4 because of the peanut butter added in.

Milk wasn't listed as an ingredient because it was a given with the pudding - sorry!

I just made this for people at work last week and it had great reviews again!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Another question about the PB triffle ...

The "low budget" stores I shopped did not have "dark chocolate" brownies or pudding ... do you think if I added, say, a tablespoon or so of cocoa powder to each it would achieve the desired effect?

It tastes good with regular chocolate brownies and chocolate pudding, I just prefer the "extra".

I know ... but dark chocolate? Me likey!I think I'm going to try it and see!

look under trifle in the files section. There is a file called "Trifle bowl recipes from your Pampered Chef, it is 505.5 KB it has like 53 pages of recipes for the trifle. I plan to print it out and try as many as I can. I love to make trifles at shows, so easy and yuuuuuuuuuuuumy! Have fun ;)

Thanks for the pumpkin trifle recipe - it will be perfect for the fall! My husband will love the PB one, too.

Laura420 said:
what about the blueberry/lemon one in 29 minutes? havent tried it myself, but it looks very appealing in the bowl...

I had a host make this one herself as an extra snack at her show and everyone loved it!

kam said:
Forgot all about that one! I will look!

Here is the Pumkin Trifle Recipe:

Cake Layer
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (and ingredients to make it)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Plus

Pumpkin Layer
1 Large Box Vanilla Pudding
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 (15oz) can pumpkin (without spices)
3/4 tsp Cinnamon Plus
16 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

Top Layer
1 Cup Milk

1) Mix the Cinnamon Plus in with the cake mix, add the other ingredients that the box calls for. Bake. When cool, cube.

2)Mix large box of pudding, 1 1/2 cups of milk, Can Pumpkin, and Cinnamon Plus mix that well, fold in 16 oz Whipped Topping

3)Combine 1 cup Milk, Small box of Pudding, fold in 8 oz whipped topping.

To assemble your trifle place part of the cubed cake in the trifle bowl, put pumpkin mixture on top of that then top with pudding mixture. Repeat.

The recipe doesn't say, but I am doing three layers, using 1/3 of each at a time.

Is this Rae's recipe? I know she was making one a lot last fall.

ChefBeckyD said:

do you do the 30 min. fridge time at your shows before serving this recipe?

DebbieJ said:
Is this Rae's recipe? I know she was making one a lot last fall.

I don't know - but I know I got it from CS. I like this one since it uses cake instead of cookies. And it uses our Cinnamon Plus Spice blend.

And I just made it again - and I realize I only do 2 layers (not 3!).

Oh, and the top layer is so good I use it to fill my profiterole puffs!
Top Layer:
1 Cup Milk

OK ... silly question .... please define "small" and "large" box ... if they are the 4 ounce boxes I get from Aldi's do I need to use 2?Just made the PB cup triffle and it is awesome ... my cocoa disappeared on me, though ... I would scale back the amount of the cool whip though ... it was a bit much.

1. What are the most frequently asked questions about fall/winter trifle recipes?

The most frequently asked questions about fall/winter trifle recipes are:

• What are some good trifle recipes for the fall/winter season?
  • Can you recommend a pumpkin trifle recipe?
  • What are some non-PC trifle recipes that would be great for fall/winter?
  • Are there any concerns with the appearance or height of certain trifle recipes?
  • Can you suggest a trifle recipe that does not require fresh fruit?

2. Can you recommend a pumpkin trifle recipe?

One delicious and popular pumpkin trifle recipe is the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle from Pampered Chef. It features layers of spiced pumpkin filling and gingerbread cake, topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce. You can find the full recipe on the Pampered Chef website or in their seasonal recipe book.

3. What are some non-PC trifle recipes that would be great for fall/winter?

There are many great trifle recipes available online or in cookbooks. Some popular non-PC options for fall/winter include apple pie trifle, gingerbread and eggnog trifle, and chocolate peppermint trifle. These recipes can easily be adapted to use with Pampered Chef products, such as the Trifle Bowl.

4. Are there any concerns with the appearance or height of certain trifle recipes?

Some customers have expressed concerns about the appearance or height of certain trifle recipes, such as the Chocolate-Raspberry Cookie Trifle from last fall. However, with proper layering and following the recipe instructions, these concerns can be easily avoided. It's always a good idea to practice making the recipe before demonstrating it at a show to ensure it turns out as desired.

5. Can you suggest a trifle recipe that does not require fresh fruit?

The Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle from Pampered Chef does not require fresh fruit and is a great option for fall/winter. Another non-PC recipe to consider is the Caramel Apple Trifle, which features layers of pound cake, caramel sauce, and chopped apples. You can also get creative and use seasonal flavors such as pumpkin, cinnamon, or cranberry in your trifle recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • schel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • jbdowd0798
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies