• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business: Get New Leads Beyond Your Network with These Tips!

In summary, the conversation revolves around two individuals discussing their struggles with finding new clients for their Pampered Chef business. They share tips and ideas for finding "fresh blood" and building a network, including attending business networking meetings, leaving catalogs at a hairdresser's, using car decals, offering fundraising shows, and becoming a walking advertisement for Pampered Chef. They also talk about the challenges of getting bookings from family and friends and finding success on Craigslist. The conversation also touches on the topic of using press releases and flyers to promote the business and suggests approaching potential clients in everyday situations.
Jmioni
I officially have the lamest family/friend network possible... :(

I started PC in April and out of everyone I know (which I thought was a lot of people) I have only had 1 show and that was my Mother-in-law.

Any ideas on how I find "fresh blood"?? :)

~ HELP ~

LOL, this made me laugh...I am in a similiar pedictament. I have gone on craigslist...typed in vendor and selected event. I found festivals and events with booths that I can be a vendor at. I have been focused on booking shows and getting contact information. I did 1 booth paid $30 and got 3 shows for August. I think it was worth it I will tell you how the shows go.

First, congratulations for joining The Pampered Chef! I joined in late October 2009 and held my first Show in November. I live in an area where I do not know a lot of people. These are a few things that have worked for me: 1) look in the paper or on the web for Business Networking International Meetings. They meet every week. The membership is quite pricey but you can usually attend three meetings as a guest - just have your 60 second elevator speech ready. It's been wonderful for me. I've made friends (first you build a network), booked shows, received repeat orders, and picked up marketing ideas by participating in these meetings. 2) Ask your hairdresser if you can leave catalogs there or be part of her Customer Appreciation Day. 3) Send a Press Release to your local paper announcing your business. 4) Get the decal for your car. 5) Offer a Fund Raising Show to a cheerleader squad, dance team, school PTA, etc. You'll build goodwill and hopefully pick up some shows or recuits in the process. Good luck to you both. MJL

Mlong, those are great ideas!

Daniespmprd, you scared me for a second, because I thought you were going to say you went on Craigslist and posted to get bookings!! That was a great idea to find events, though. Congrats on the three bookings.I saw in the chat box you said you live in the SF Bay Area. I'm arriving this Wednesday for a 2 week visit, and my Mom's having a show on Saturday (not the Mega Show for which I hoped, but should still be a good turn-out). Where do you live? I'll be in the Moss Beach and Pacifica area mostly (grew up in Pacifica).

MLong - Thanks for the tips! I too joined some "Mommy" networking groups in my area and am chomping at the bit to build a network of friends before I "solicit" their business. I found a few other business networking groups that may work too - but like you said they have the annual fee to pay first.

My daughters school says that "Pampered Chef is definitely "NOT" on their allowed list of fundraising organizations" and when I asked why - she just said "its just NOT and hung up? :(

Press Release? You have any more info on how/what to do with this one? I've never heard of doing this?

And lastly... lol... with 4 children who has a hairdresser? :) lol

daniespamprd: Thanks for the craigslist idea - I try to avoid that site at all costs, but I think I'll check it out for events.. :)

You've gotten some great advice. Don't feel like the lone ranger. Most of my very large family wants nothing to do with PC. Another great idea is to become a walking PC billboard. Carry PC totes, use PC shopping bags, wear PC logo wear.

Go back to your leads from the first shows you did and just place calls to inform them that August is an extra special month where they can earn extra $ in free products and you didn't want to leave them out. Tell them that you've only got a few dates left because this month is so popular & you'd hate for them to miss out on this extra special offer. If they say no, say thanks and keep on down the list!

Make flyers for your neighborhood to pass out introducing yourself as their own NEIGHBORHOOD PC consultant. Highlight the specials this month. Just see where that leads you!!

When you go to the doctor, ask the nurse if she's interested! When you check out at the grocery store, start the conversation with the cashier. When you deposit checks in your account talk to the teller about it. When you go to the post office, ask the mail clerk. Make sure you have the host flyer with you!!

"Some will, some won't. SO WHAT!! Someone is waiting!"

daniespmprd said:
LOL, this made me laugh...I am in a similiar pedictament. I have gone on craigslist...typed in vendor and selected event. I found festivals and events with booths that I can be a vendor at. I have been focused on booking shows and getting contact information. I did 1 booth paid $30 and got 3 shows for August. I think it was worth it I will tell you how the shows go.

what a fabulous idea!

I get a lot of NO's for fundraisers from most people I asked to. Their reason: "Then we'll open the doors to similar offers".

??????? I guess they don't want Mary Kay, and Tastefully Simple, Creative Memories, Avon, For the HOme, or any other DS company asking them for fundraisers.

You've gotten lots of great advide. I would also suggest to practice..... Make sure you are able to get bookings.... That is something I have been good at. Of course some cancel, but if you can get 3 bookings at each show you will really grow your business quickly. All you have to do is find one person willing to give you a shot.
Also, do all of the online training. Wear the logo wear and know what to say when someone says "I love PC".

Wow, so the Craigslist idea was out of desperation and it has really been a great resource. I really encourage you to put that on your list of things to do at least 2x's a week there are always updates and opportunities....

Mlong- Loved all your ideas, I am going to look in the papers for those groups...please do share more info and a template if possible on the press release...

As for fundraisers I am priming two schools for fundraiser's this fall, my director says you have to have to do the whole school to really get a good result or some great students selling if you do a class...I will see and l will keep you posted!

Finally, keep reading all the forums on here! There is so much PRICELESS information it is AMAZING, this community has been a business booster for me!

lesliec said:
Wear the logo wear and know what to say when someone says "I love PC".

I'm at a stand still too, posted a couple of threads too, and have been getting a lot of great advice too. Everyone is so supportive, espeically since I usually need a kick in the rear to do anything!

My question is, WHAT IS YOUR COMMERCIAL? I don't really have one. When someone says "I love PC" I do a whole, "when's the last time you looked at a catalog, had a show, etc" or "what's your favorite piece,"... but that's one of my problems, is I always wait for THEM to ask ME...

How do you approach other ppl who don't ask you first? With my son in a public school, Kindergarten, where I sit with parents for 5-10 mins at a time waiting for the kids to get out, I feel like I'm wasting an opportunity to be talking, but I'm reluctant to push myself on them... How do you approach strangers?!

I'm in the same position. I just passed by 30 day mark and have had only 2 shows! I have no more shows booked for November but have 2 in December. I have done 2 church gift bazaars and got a handful of leads but they all ran dry! I'm still nervous about asking strangers!!! I work as a nanny so I offend find myself at the Childrens Museum, Bounce House places, etc. I think that I could get some new leads, maybe even book some more shows but I always seem to not know how to approach people!! Please help with any advice!! I really have to start booking shows outside of my family to be successful!!

When you ask someone about hosting do you ever ask if they know someone else who might host? Many groups have that one person who ALWAYS hosts shows. Often they'll be glad to share that person's name and number with you. It might help to offer a free SBRC if that friend hosts a show.

1. How can I generate more leads for my Pampered Chef business?

There are several ways to generate new leads for your Pampered Chef business. One effective method is to host virtual or in-person cooking parties and invite friends, family, and acquaintances. You can also utilize social media platforms to reach potential customers and offer special promotions or discounts. Another option is to attend local events or fairs and set up a booth to showcase your products and services.

2. Is it important to have a specific target audience when trying to generate leads?

Yes, having a specific target audience can greatly increase the success of your lead generation efforts. By identifying and targeting a specific group of people who are most likely to be interested in your products, you can tailor your marketing strategies to effectively reach and engage with them.

3. Can I use paid advertising to generate leads for my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, paid advertising can be a useful tool for generating leads for your business. Platforms like Facebook and Instagram offer targeted advertising options that allow you to reach a specific audience based on demographics, interests, and behaviors. You can also consider investing in Google Ads to appear in relevant search results.

4. How can I follow up with leads and turn them into customers?

Following up with leads is crucial in converting them into customers. One effective way is to send personalized emails or messages thanking them for their interest and offering more information about your products. You can also engage with them on social media or offer special discounts or promotions to encourage them to make a purchase.

5. Are there any specific lead generation strategies that work well for Pampered Chef consultants?

Some effective lead generation strategies for Pampered Chef consultants include holding theme-based cooking parties, partnering with local businesses or organizations for joint events, and utilizing influencer marketing by collaborating with popular food or lifestyle bloggers. Networking with other consultants and attending company-sponsored events can also help generate leads for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
linojackie
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings