• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need lots of help!

mrshamel3808

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2009
Ok, so I got my 1099 in the mail today and it all makes sense but I'm so confused about what I should do now. I printed out a report of all my income and expenses to cross references with my receipts and mileage logs (I wasn't very good at keeping track of it all so it's one of my resolutions this year to keep good track for 2010). I'm looking at my kit enhancements and am wondering if I put the actual amount I spent out of pocket or the entire amount since I bought all but $3.00 of it with my PC dollars. I'm thinking just what I spent out of pocket?

Also, because I haven't kept very good track of my receipts, should I just file without claiming any deductions this year? Or should I just claim what I have paperwork for? For sure I'll be reporting a loss (without all my expenses input I have almost a $1,000 loss) but my income total was less than $3,500 so I don't knwo if it's even worth the trouble of claiming those deductions. If I am going to claim the deductions I'll probably have an accountant (a family friend) help me through it because I have only ever done a 1040EZ.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Unless someone here is a tax accountant in their day job, we're not really qualified to answer tax questions. A call to someone you trust might be the best idea.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
I agree with talking to a tax professional about the specifics if you have concerns, definitely someone with experience in small business.

One thing to consider: the PC dollars you earned are counted as income on your 1099. You then spent them on supplies you use in your business. What would you do if the PC dollars had just been commission and you spent them the same way?

wcsis

Sep 25, 2009
Yes a tax person is a great idea. You can claim certain percentages of your phone, electric and space used in your home for storing supplies and/or office space. I personally have used those deductions in the past for other business ventures but never did I do my taxes without the help of a professional when making those claimed deductions. I am not tax savvy enough to do anything more than the 1040's.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Personal Newbie Here!
Replies