• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for Mini Soccer Ball Cakes for a December Birthday Party

In summary, Amanda is preparing to make mini soccer ball cakes for her son's b-day party in December. She is considering using the prep bowls set for them, but then her son wants the picture for the cake that is attached. She thinks she might be able to make it with the batter bowl. What do you all think?
pcgogetter
Gold Member
mini soccer ball cakes for my son's b-day party in Dec. I thought about using the prep bowl set for them, would that work? Then he wants the picture for the cake that is attached. I think I might be able to make it with the batter bowl. What do you all think? Thanks

Attachments

• 84_1_bo.jpg
    84_1_bo.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 548
the prep bowls work the same way as the batter bowls so yes, it would work...whichever way you choose to do it would be no problem!!

Let me ask a question here. My 13 year old has a party coming up in 2 wks. To make a ball, how would you do this using the batter bowl? Is it round enough to make two halves? I didn't think so, but could be wrong. I would like to try out how to make him two cakes one a baseball and one a basketball. Although I may just be crazy and do him a bundt cake!!

I'm not sure how it would work, but I"ve also heard of people making a football cake by doing two cakes in the classic batter bowl, then forming them together and laying it on its side. Maybe you'd have to level off the bottom so it doesn't roll around. The only thing I've made is a baseball cap with the Small Batter bowl.

I just made a pumpkin cake for my son's first birthday. Made it in the batter bowl and it turned out almost perfectly round! Like a ball! I thought it would be more cone-shaped, like the SB Baked Alaska cake, but mine literally turned out like a ball.. Which was nice because I was making it a pumpkin, but I had to level off the bottom because it started rolling off the plate while I was decorating it! LOL.. Ah, the moments you'll never forget..

And on a side note, it was one of the best cakes I've ever had--moist and yummy..

Let us know how it turns out!

God bless, and good luck.
~ Amanda

Help with thisHow can I get the 2 halves to stay together sitting up on top of the cake?

Unfortunately I've never done anything other than a baseball cap, so I'm not sure. Maybe you can make a cream cheese mixture like is in between the layers of the Baked Alaska cake??? :confused:

Unfortunately we can no longer search through old Season's Bests on CC other than the most recent season (that's a bummer because that was SUCH a good resource to search the past couple years), but maybe someone has the recipe for the Baked Alaska in a file and you can modify the cream cheese mixture for your cake.

to get a cake to hold togetherTo hold a cake together use wooden bamboo skewers. Just break off the skewers to the size you need. Insert into both cakes and they won't slide.
Paula Deen had this trick on t.v.:)

For the football cake I always recommend making one cake in the Classic Batter Bowl then slicing down the middle (longways) putting the 2 fat end together. It won't be a 3 dimensional cake (where it looks like a football sitting on a platter), but it will have the shape of a football and be a whole lot easier to decorate and plate. To stick the two pieces together just use frosting.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

What are some ideas or tips for easy meal prep?

One tip for easy meal prep is to plan out your meals for the week in advance. This will help you save time and avoid last-minute stress. Another idea is to invest in some good quality kitchen tools, such as a food processor or slow cooker, to make meal prep easier and faster. You can also try batch cooking and freezing meals for later use.

How can I make my cooking healthier?

There are many ways to make your cooking healthier. Some tips include using herbs and spices instead of salt for flavor, swapping out unhealthy ingredients for healthier alternatives, such as using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your dishes. You can also try grilling, steaming, or roasting instead of frying.

What are some creative ideas for using leftovers?

Leftovers can be turned into delicious new meals with a little creativity. You can use leftover chicken to make a stir-fry or add it to a salad. Leftover vegetables can be used to make a frittata or added to a soup. You can also repurpose leftover cooked grains, such as rice or quinoa, into a grain bowl or use them to make a breakfast porridge.

How can I save time in the kitchen?

One way to save time in the kitchen is to meal plan and prep in advance. You can also try using kitchen tools that can save time, such as a mandoline slicer for chopping vegetables or a garlic press for mincing garlic. Another tip is to use one-pot meals or sheet pan dinners that require minimal clean-up.

What are some tips for hosting a successful dinner party?

When hosting a dinner party, it's important to plan ahead and have a clear idea of the menu and number of guests. Make sure to keep the menu simple and choose dishes that can be prepared in advance. Setting the table the night before can also save time on the day of the party. Don't be afraid to ask guests to bring a dish or help with preparations. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the company of your guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessamary
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jessamary
  • cjdrish
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • babywings76