• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Serve for a 3-Course Menu at a Bridal Shower Cooking Show?

In summary, the host is giving a bridal shower with cooking demos, and the bride doesn't know how to cook. The host is thinking of doing a three-course meal: appetizer, main dish, and dessert. The main dish could be a Greek Cheese Torta, Chicken Penne Al Fresco, or Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple. The dessert could be a Strawberry Amaretto Pastries or Elegant Artichoke Cups. The host is also thinking of doing a 30 min chicken at home as a substitute for the grilled chicken in the penne pasta dish. The host would like suggestions for the three-course meal.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
Ok, I have a host who wants to do a 3-course demo, appetizer, main dish and dessert. It's sort of a bridal shower, but it's also a cooking show because people are allowed to bring friends and it's not specifically a party for the bride. But she's giving her host benefits to the bride and we will have a list of the bride's registry available to guests if they want to buy something for her and give it to her at her real shower or the wedding.

Anyways, she says her sister (the bride) doesn't know how to cook at all so thought it would be fun for me to have "Teach Brianne How to Cook" show where I can demo a full meal that's easy and yummy that she could do even with her little to no cooking skills.

I was thinking the Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple is an easy dessert that can look impressive and elegant. But so far I've only done the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries and Elegant Artichoke Cups as demos since I'm a newer consultant. I did just get alot of products for my kit enhancement so I have a DCB and I'd love to use that for the main dish.

Anyone have any ideas on the full 3 item menu?

Greek Cheese Torta
Chicken Penne Al Fresco
Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple

Personally I don't like the tropical torte......but if you have the fluted stone, I would do the triple chocolate fudge microwave cake and get a big WOW from everyone!!!

I also don't like the tropical torte. Given that you're making so much, I would stick to a simple dessert. Since you've already done the amaretto pastries, they could be perfect (they are so yummy, and simple enough that people aren't put off making them). My other suggestion would be a trifle, with most of the components pre-prepared. Maybe have the cake and fruit parts already cut up, and just mix up the "creamy part" and assemble. Or maybe have all of it ready, and just assemble it. Be sure to show off the EAD (if you have it) to top off the trifle.

PS I do like the idea of the GC torte (mention it can be made ahead, serves tons of people and left overs are great over pasta, just add a little cream or milk, and grilled chicken if desired). Also the GCP Alfresco is also wonderful!

If you have the DCB, do the 30 min chicken. I always sell at least two at every show. Now I am making the chicken at home, bringing it to the show and using part of the chicken to make a braid or ring. I've also substituted it for the grilled chicken in the penne pasta dish.

I also second the microwave cake in the fluted pan.

Have fun!!

I don't have the fluted pan :( So that's out. I've made the Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple before and LOVED it, although I think the filling needs more mango flavor, maybe some actual mango pieces (I'm basically addicted to ANYTHING mango flavor or with mango in it...), or maybe evne some crushed pineapple or sliced strawberries. I do LOVE the amaretto pastries but I find that the assembly process takes me a long time. I'm still working on melding my talking with actually working. I tend to stop assembling if someone asks a question because I'm afraid I'm going to miss some steps. The torte has less steps to go through multiple times. The trifle is an option, what recipes do you guys suggest?

What are some popular appetizers for a 3-course menu?

Some popular appetizers for a 3-course menu include bruschetta, shrimp cocktail, stuffed mushrooms, and charcuterie boards. You can also try a cheese and fruit platter or mini quiches for a crowd-pleasing option.

What are some delicious entree options for a 3-course menu?

For an entree, you can consider dishes like grilled salmon with lemon butter sauce, stuffed chicken breasts, beef tenderloin with red wine sauce, or vegetable lasagna. You can also customize the menu based on dietary restrictions and preferences.

What are some creative side dishes to pair with the entree?

Some creative side dishes to pair with the entree include roasted vegetables, wild rice pilaf, mashed sweet potatoes, or a mixed green salad with homemade vinaigrette. You can also incorporate seasonal produce to add freshness and variety to the menu.

What are some delicious dessert options for a 3-course menu?

For dessert, you can try classic options like chocolate lava cake, apple pie, or creme brulee. If you want to add a twist, you can also consider making a fruit tart, tiramisu, or bread pudding. Don't forget to offer a coffee or tea pairing to complete the meal.

How can I make sure the 3-course menu is well-balanced and cohesive?

The key to a well-balanced and cohesive 3-course menu is variety. Make sure to incorporate different flavors, textures, and cooking methods in each course. Also, consider the overall theme or cuisine of the menu to ensure that the dishes complement each other. And don't forget to leave room for palate cleansers, such as sorbet or a cheese course, between courses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessBarszcz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • BeckyC5830