• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Torte Recipes Without Nuts: Share Your Favorites!

In summary, the torte pans are great for creating delicious tortes, but it may be difficult to make a torte without nuts if someone in the group has a nut allergy. Some of the favorites include the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte, the Chocolate Cherry Cordial Torte, and the Mojito Torte.
WendyE
Hi! Just got the torte pans and want to try them out for a gathering this weekend. Thought I would be able to do tons of cool things with them, but now that I have them and I'm looking around I'm not finding many recipe that use them? Anyone care to share their favorite torte recipes with me? Something simple but delicious, since I have other things to cook as well. It also can't have nuts. Nut allergy in the group. Thanks ahead!!

Click on "Files" at the top of the page and type in "Torte Pan Recipe" and you'll find several recipes there. My personal favorites all have nuts in the recipe.

DessertDivaFL said:
Click on "Files" at the top of the page and type in "Torte Pan Recipe" and you'll find several recipes there. My personal favorites all have nuts in the recipe.

What are your favorites? I may be able to just leave the nuts out.

My personal all-time favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte. OMG!!! It is so freakin good!! It is rich, delicious, and combines so many of my favorite flavors together. YUM! YUM! YUM!!

If there are nut allergies, try the Chocolate Cherry Cordial Torte and leave out the almonds...you won't miss them and it's DELISH!!!! I also agree that the Peanut Butter Cup torte is one of my favorites, but...kinda hard to do if someone has a nut allergy.

It's actually called the Cherry Cordial Torte and if you go to CC under Products and Recipes>Theme Cooking Shows>Theme Shows Recipe Archives, the recipe is in the Homemade for the Holidays F/W 2009.

I heap one well full of ice cream, turn the other over so they are facing well-to-well and I then make an icing using 1 cup milk, 1 pkg any flavor pudding mix and 1 tub of cool whip. I icing and put in the freezer for 3 hours. It is an awesome ice cream cake. You can even decorate with the decrator bottle set or the easy accent decorator.

You can even double the pudding mixture and put it in the wells placing one cake over the other. I did this at thanksgiving w/ jello's pumkin spice pudding and it was yummo!

Okay, I am a huge fan of the torte pans. Just made the chocolate hazelnut torte last night. No help to you since it has nuts but man is it fabulous!

The mojito torte from the s/s season's best is really good too. You could substitute lemons for the limes, omit the mint, and make it a lemon torte. But the mojito as is, is delicious.

Here's a tip...I spray the heck out of the pan with Pam. That way I'm sure it comes out with no problems. And be sure to not forget the parchment paper in the center!

Whatever you make it'll be fabulous. It's cake after all! Who doesn't like cake?!

yankfan24 said:
It's actually called the Cherry Cordial Torte and if you go to CC under Products and Recipes>Theme Cooking Shows>Theme Shows Recipe Archives, the recipe is in the Homemade for the Holidays F/W 2009.

Yes, this is my favorite, too! (Probably because it tastes close to the Black Forest Trifle - which I LOVE!)

But, anyway, you can go to PamperedChef.com (you don't even need to go to CC) and click on recipes and advanced search and type torte for the product.

Here is what comes up:

Chicken Jalapeño Cornbread Bake
Breakfast Potato Frittata
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte
Fiery Chocolate Torte
Bananas Foster Tart
Chocolate Mint Silk Torte
Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte

I'm such a dork!! I didn't get the no nuts thing. I'm sorry. There is another torte that is yummy and it is the Coconut Rum cake that was in the Spring/Summer Season's Best in about 2007. Very easy and light tasting.

Oh, and there was an Island Rum cake done in the torte pan - if I'm not mistaken. I am pretty sure it came out the season before I became a consultant, which would make it in the Spr/Sum 2007 SB - which is available on CC.

Chef Kearns said:
I'm such a dork!! I didn't get the no nuts thing. I'm sorry. There is another torte that is yummy and it is the Coconut Rum cake that was in the Spring/Summer Season's Best in about 2007. Very easy and light tasting.

kam said:
Oh, and there was an Island Rum cake done in the torte pan - if I'm not mistaken. I am pretty sure it came out the season before I became a consultant, which would make it in the Spr/Sum 2007 SB - which is available on CC.

HA! posting at the same time! :)

CAn't believe I forgot about the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake in the torte pan. It's on CC recipes under Sweet Favorites. My son BEGS for me to make it all the time.

yankfan24 said:
CAn't believe I forgot about the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake in the torte pan. It's on CC recipes under Sweet Favorites. My son BEGS for me to make it all the time.

Yes, this one was VERY good.

I made it for DH and I thought it was a PAIN to make. I felt like I had dirtied every dish in the house!!!

But, that would probably be a good show recipe - as it uses a lot of items. :)

:love:I made the Orange Dream Torte (Simply Sweet Desserts)...YUMMMMM...easy too!! This will leave you dreaming of summer!!:sing:

I love the Chocolate Hazelnut Torte--and it's even better the next day! I like the Mock Lemon Merengue Torte, too. But my all-time favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte. Served warm, the marshmallows get nice and gooey and the PB cups just are nice and melty...YUM! (Have to have some milk to wash it down though, it's very rich!) ;)

You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for all the feed back! Appreciate it so much!!

There is a mint one in the Holiday Cookbook (I think!) that I really liked.

And, if all else fails, there's alway J-E-L-L-O! :)

I love these pans. You can take any flavor cake mix and make the cake. Cooking time is shorter since they are wider and thinner.

Then make a mix with any flavor pudding, milk and cool whip. Fill the bottom layer with this, cover with the top layer, then fill the next well. Dot the edges with leftover cool whip. Sprinkle with cocoa or powedered sugar, depending on the color of the filling.

We call it the twinkie cake here at my house.

The combinations are endless:
Boston creme with yellow cake and choc filling
Lemon supreme with lemon/lemon and topped w/ PC lemon sprinkles
Orange sumpreme topped with drained mandarins

This is all loosely base on that island torte which is pineapple flavored.

What is a torte pan and what is it used for?

A torte pan is a type of baking pan that is typically round and has tall, straight sides. It is commonly used for making layered cakes, also known as tortes, which typically have multiple layers of cake and filling. Torte pans are also great for making cheesecakes, quiches, and other baked goods that require a tall, even shape.

What size torte pan should I use?

The size of your torte pan will depend on the recipe you are using. Most torte pans range from 8-10 inches in diameter and are around 2-3 inches deep. However, it is always best to check the specific recipe for pan size recommendations. If you do not have a torte pan, you can also use a springform pan or a regular cake pan.

What are some creative ways to use a torte pan?

Aside from making traditional layered cakes, a torte pan can also be used for making savory dishes such as quiches, frittatas, and even deep-dish pizzas. You can also use it as a mold for making ice cream cakes or frozen desserts. Some people also use torte pans to make jello molds or to shape rice or mashed potato dishes.

How do I properly care for and clean my torte pan?

Torte pans are typically made of metal or silicone and are dishwasher safe. However, to ensure the longevity of your pan, it is best to hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils or scouring pads that can scratch the surface of your pan. If your torte pan has a non-stick coating, be sure to use wooden or silicone utensils to prevent damaging the coating.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when using a torte pan?

One mistake to avoid when using a torte pan is not greasing or lining the pan properly. Since torte pans have tall, straight sides, it is important to grease and line the pan to ensure your cake or other baked good can be easily removed. Another mistake is not allowing the torte to cool completely before removing it from the pan. This can cause the layers to fall apart or stick to the pan. Finally, be careful not to overfill the pan with batter or other ingredients, as it can cause the torte to overflow and create a mess in your oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom2leelee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76