• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some ideas for a successful bridal expo?

In summary, the author is planning to do a couple of bridal expos--one in late January and one in mid February. She has never done one before and is looking for advice from those who have done them before. At her cluster's spring regional last year, someone had a great display that she uses at these. Her husband put together some kind of board (3 of them put together) & she had info about all we offer on it. The side with shows had info about our products, bridal registry/wedding showers, and the opportunity. She also thought she had one part that had new products & she used removeable stuff for it. One idea that was mentioned was to put together a display like this
pamperedgirl3
I have decided to do a couple of bridal expos--one in late January and one in mid February. I've never done one before. Any ideas from those of you who have? At my cluster's spring regional last year, someone had a great display that she uses at these. Her husband put together some kind of board (3 of them put together) & she had info about all we offer on it. One side was shows, another was bridal registry/wedding showers, and another was the opportunity. It might have had info about fundraisers too. I also think she had one part that had new products & she used removeable stuff for it. I think that is great b/c I wouldn't have to take a lot of stuff with me.

Any ideas for how to set something like that up? Any ideas on what to bring? Also, do any of you pass stuff out to the brides who stop by the table? I was thinking of getting extra catalogs (need more anyway & never use them all!) & putting them in the bags from Nancy's with a wedding registry brochure, my business card & maybe some recruiting info.

TIA!!!

The thing to remember about bridal expos is that the brides are thinking a year (or more) out, so don't expect to book a lot of shows on the spot. I usually hand out a mini catalog with the registry brochure, a recipe card and my business card all clipped together. I have a drawing, with 2 different slips: one based on the DPS for moms, etc., and one based on the registry sign-up for brides. Then I can create registries for the brides.

A good item to take is the 3-Tier stand. It adds height to your display and will attract people - especially if you fill a med bowl with chocolate kisses and put it in the stand!

Thanks, Ann! I don't care too much about bookings, but I'd LOVE to have some bridal registries! The Jan expo had almost 800 people there last year, so I'm hoping to get my name out! I figure maybe some of the people there with the brides will want to book, or maybe the brides would want to sign up to pay for the wedding.

Thanks for mentioning the recipe card--I was thinking about that!

Oh-and I love the idea of using the 3-tiered stand!

The reason I use mini cats is so that I have less to drag in. And having been to a couple expos as "support" when my sister got engaged, I can tell you that the attendees bags get REALLY heavy by the end of the day and most of the stuff gets thrown out once they get home anyway. So save the money (unless you have a bunch of old catalogs from last season floating around). You can stock up on minis, recipe cards and brochures for a lot less. And then they've got several things with your name on each of them (you do label EVERYTHING, right?).

Do take some product, if only to show what your booth is about at a glance: a piece of cookware, a piece of stoneware, a couple SA, a couple little gagets. The SS mixing bowls make a cute "wedding cake" stacked up (put the lids on, and they'll make a tower). You want people to be genuinely interested in signing up for the registry.

Here's a flier I made that outlines the registry rewards program. It's handy to have that on the table for quick explanations.

Attachments

• Rewards flier.doc
    94 KB · Views: 327
DecorateI love to decorate and it is so important to have an attractive table that will draw brides to your table. Plenty of white lace, white balloons, SA stands, maybe even the bride cake that a lucky person can win.
You defintely want to have plenty of business cards, wedding registry flyers, recipe cards, and be ready to stand and talk throughout your time at the table.
Maybe have a drawing for a PC product that will get the brides to be to sign up with your door prize slips. You might want to make your own that is specific to having a bridal show and wedding registry with PC.
Ask questions like this on your slips:
When is your wedding? (so you know more or less when to call)
Where are you registered? (this can help you to find out what types of stores are appealing to them and maybe even do some research to show how our products are less expensive after a show, than retail stores)
What month would you like to do a bridal show?
What products would you like to earn from PC?

You may want to have cookware, stones, and popular tools on hand to show to the brides. Big priced items are usually what brides want to get out of their shows for free or half price because they need to stock their new kitchens.

Those ideas you had for giving away bags to the brides is a good one. Remember 800 people might show up so have plenty of mini catalogs on hand too for when you run out of the big catalogs. Maybe even older catalogs that you no longer need or use. By the time they have a show, the new catalog may already be out anyway.

Debbie :D

Thanks for the ideas!! I'm just so excited how my year is starting off. I have 6 January shows booked & dated already, a few February, plus these two bridal expos & the BRU in January. Much better than my NO shows last January! I want to work on the ideas for the bridal expos now so I can really focus in January on my shows!

Do you think the bridal registry brochure or flyer is better to hand out??

Personally, I use the printed HO materials whenever possible. It reinforces that this is a real business, and you're not just doing it for giggles. Plus, the more professional you come across at a bridal expo, the more likely you are to get business from it.

chefann said:
Personally, I use the printed HO materials whenever possible. It reinforces that this is a real business, and you're not just doing it for giggles. Plus, the more professional you come across at a bridal expo, the more likely you are to get business from it.

I agree! They look so good too. When I said the bridal registry brochure or flyer, I meant the ones from PC. We have the 3-fold brochure or the flyer that is an 8 x 11 sheet. I didn't know which would be better. The brochure is more compact, but the flyer lists the rewards.

OK- now I get it! I'd pass out the brochure, but have some of the fliers on hand for brides who seem genuinely interested when you speak to them.

Take mints or something - the goal is to lose your voice from chatting to everyone who walks past your table. It can help to have a recruit or someone from your cluster to split up the crowd.

chefann said:
OK- now I get it! I'd pass out the brochure, but have some of the fliers on hand for brides who seem genuinely interested when you speak to them.

Take mints or something - the goal is to lose your voice from chatting to everyone who walks past your table. It can help to have a recruit or someone from your cluster to split up the crowd.

Good idea. The brochures are cheaper anyway!!

Mints--good idea! I always end up drinking all of my water at BRU & mints would keep my mouth from getting dry!

I did ask my recruiter (don't have any recruits yet :( ) if she wanted to do it with me. I'm waiting for her to get back with me--she's probably waiting until her husband gets home to talk to him about it. If she doesn't want to, I'm going to ask my Arbonne friend or a host who does Mary Kay & Premier Design to do it with me. The guy in charge of the event didn't care if there were other vendors at the table.

What are some popular products to showcase at a bridal expo?

1. Our top-selling products for bridal expos are our cookware sets, kitchen gadgets, and bakeware. These are essential items for any newlywed couple starting their kitchen together.

2. Our line of customizable wedding gifts, such as personalized cutting boards and aprons, are also a hit with brides-to-be.

3. Don't forget about our popular line of baking mixes, which make for great wedding shower favors or gifts for the couple.

4. Demonstrating our high-quality knives and kitchen tools is also a great way to grab attention at a bridal expo.

5. Lastly, showcasing our versatile cookware and demonstrating how it can be used to create quick and easy meals for busy newlyweds is always a hit.

How can I make my booth stand out at a bridal expo?

1. Create an eye-catching display with our products and use themed decorations to draw in potential customers.

2. Have live cooking demonstrations or offer samples of our popular recipes using our products.

3. Offer special discounts or promotions for couples who sign up for our bridal registry at the expo.

4. Have a raffle or giveaway for a Pampered Chef product to attract attention to your booth.

5. Make sure to have knowledgeable and friendly staff at your booth to engage with potential customers and answer any questions.

How can I effectively market my presence at a bridal expo?

1. Utilize social media to promote your booth and the products you will be showcasing at the expo.

2. Reach out to local wedding planners or vendors and offer to collaborate or cross-promote each other's services at the expo.

3. Utilize email marketing to reach out to potential customers and offer them a sneak peek of what you will be showcasing at the expo.

4. Use targeted ads on social media or local publications to reach your desired audience.

5. Don't forget to mention your presence at the expo on your company's website and include a link to the expo's website for more information.

What should I bring to a bridal expo as a Pampered Chef consultant?

1. Make sure to have plenty of product catalogs and business cards to hand out to potential customers.

2. Bring a variety of our popular products to showcase and demonstrate, but don't bring too many items as it can be overwhelming for attendees.

3. Have order forms and information about how to host a Pampered Chef party ready for interested customers.

4. Bring plenty of samples of our food products and recipes to offer attendees a taste of what we have to offer.

5. Don't forget to bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our products to engage with potential customers and make a lasting impression.

What are some tips for successfully networking at a bridal expo?

1. Make sure to introduce yourself and your company to other vendors and wedding planners at the expo.

2. Bring plenty of business cards and exchange them with other vendors to potentially collaborate in the future.

3. Attend any networking events or workshops offered at the expo to connect with others in the wedding industry.

4. Offer to cross-promote each other's services or products to reach a wider audience.

5. Follow up with any potential leads or connections made at the expo after the event to solidify your networking efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ebarnes23us
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
  • citymouse
  • Pampered Chef Shows