• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking for a Party: Salmon Puffs & Tuxedo Brownie Cups!

In summary, the cookbook "Casual Cooking" is free this month, not the "Celebrate!" cookbook. Amanda thinks we can only use PC recipes. Amanda misplaced her Celebrate cookbook and her directors left for the cruise. Amanda needs the recipes for the Party Salmon Puffs and the Tuxedo Brownie Cups.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I have a host that wants to make some things out of the celebrate cookbook since it is free this month. I have misplaced mine, and my directors left yesterday for the cruise.
I need the recipes for the Party Salmon Puffs as well a the Tuxedo Brownie Cups!!:D TIA
She wants me to finish the brownie cups. and make something with it. She will make salmon puffs. I was thinking maybe tai chic salad, but not sure. What would go good with that (I like to show the cookware off at each show). Thanks again for all your help!!!!
PS the party is Friday!;)

Ummmm.....Amanda??

The Casual Cooking Cookbook is free this month, not the Celebrate. Do you have that one?

Misread her email, she only has that cookbook out of storage, and only wants to use PC recipes (old consultant). Sorry that is confusing!:D

I thought we could only use PC recipes?!!? Am I wrong in thinking this? If so, I could beat myself. LOL!

Tuxedo Brownie Cups RecipeI don't have the other recipe but here's this one:

Tuxedo Brownie Cups (TPC Celebrate p. 100)

1 package (19-21 ounces) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
2 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate for baking
2 tablespoons milk
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
1 pint small strawberries, sliced
Orange zest, mint leaves and melted semi-sweet chocolate for baking (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray for baking. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Using Small Scoop, place 1 level scoop of batter in each cup, filling cups 2/3 full. Bake 14 minutes or until edges are set. Do not overbake.
2. Remove pan to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately press tops of brownies with Mini-Tart Shaper to make indentations. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Loosen edges and gently remove brownies from pan. Cool completely. Wash pan, spray with cooking spray and repeat baking with remaining batter.
3. Microwave white chocolate and milk in Small Micro-Cooker, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Gradually stir in white chocolate mixture until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Fill Easy Accent Decorator fitted with closed star tip with cream cheese mixture. Pipe cream cheese mixture into cooled brownie cups. Slice strawberries using Egg Slicer Plus; arrange on tops of brownie cups. Garnish with orange zest and mint leaves or drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate, if desired. Place in airtight container and refrigerate 1-3 hours before serving.

Hey, I'm just confused about a cookbook being free this month.

Here you go!Party Salmon Puffs
(Celebrate! Cookbook, pg 20)

Dazzle your guests when you bring out these little delights. A savory smoked salmon filling is nestled between two layers of puffy pastry.

Prep time: 30 minutes Bake time: 15-17 minutes Cool time: 15 minutes

Pastry
½ package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (1 sheet)
1 egg
1 tablespoon water

Filling
2 packages (4.5 ounces each) refrigerated, ready-to-eat smoked salmon, shopped (2 cups)
¼ cup grated carrot
1 lemon
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped (½ cup)
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
Sprigs of fresh dill weed (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. For pastry, unfold thawed puff pastry sheet onto lightly floured Rectangle Stone. Using Pizza Cutter, cut into 36 equal small squares. Beat egg with water in small bowl; brush over pastry using Pastry Brush. Pull squares apart to separate slightly. Bake 15-17 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from baking stone to Cooling Rack; cool.
2. Meanwhile, for filling, remove skin from salmon, if necessary; chop salmon with Food Chopper. Grate carrot using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum. Zest lemon with Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest; juice with Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice. Mix salmon, carrot, zest, juice, cucumber, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion and snipped dill in Small Batter Bowl.
3. Use Quikut Paring Knife to split each pastry square crosswise in half. Using Small Scoop, place scoop of salmon mixture on bottom half of each square; cover with small sprig of fresh dill weed, if desired, and top half of the pastry square.

Yield: 36 appetizers

Nutrients per serving (1 puff): Calories 65, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 85 mg, Fiber 0 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 1 fat

Variation: Party Ham Puffs: Substitute 2 cups finely chopped deli baked ham (about 10 ounces) for the smoked salmon. Continue as recipe directs.

Thanks to Jodi and Teresa for posting the recipes for me, you guys saved me a bunch!:D :D :D

soonerchef Hey, I'm just confused about a cookbook being free this month.
PC changed the guest special so they didn't run into running out of the outdoor plates. You can choose the casual cooking cookbook or the outdoor plates when they spend $60 in product! That is the free cookbook.
Thanks again for your help!:D

pamperedalf said:
Misread her email, she only has that cookbook out of storage, and only wants to use PC recipes (old consultant). Sorry that is confusing!:D

So does she want recipes from the Celebrate or Casual Cooking cookbook then(I'm confused)?

She is going to make the salmon puffs before I get there, and wants me to finish the tuxedo brownie cups. I always do 2 recipes, so she wanted me to pick the other recipe that would go with the salmon puffs. She had mention something about using recipes from the free cookbook, but I misread her email thinking that the celebrate was the free cookbook. So I am still trying to think of something that would go with salmon puffs. I think a salad will go over well.
I think as long as it is a PC recipe it is okay.:D

pamperedalf said:
PC changed the guest special so they didn't run into running out of the outdoor plates. You can choose the casual cooking cookbook or the outdoor plates when they spend $60 in product! That is the free cookbook.

Thanks, must have had my head in the ground again...

1. How many servings does the recipe for Salmon Puffs make?

The recipe for Salmon Puffs makes about 24 puffs, which can serve 6-8 people as an appetizer or 4-6 people as a main dish.

2. Can the Tuxedo Brownie Cups be made ahead of time?

Yes, the Tuxedo Brownie Cups can be made ahead of time. You can bake the brownie cups and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days before serving. The filling can also be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

3. Can I substitute the salmon for another type of fish?

Yes, you can substitute the salmon for another type of fish such as tuna or crab. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type of fish used, so it is important to keep an eye on them while they are in the oven.

4. How long do the Salmon Puffs need to bake for?

The Salmon Puffs need to bake for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. It is important to check on them periodically to ensure they do not overcook.

5. Can I use a different type of pan for the Tuxedo Brownie Cups?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan such as a mini muffin tin or a regular muffin tin. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. You may also need to adjust the amount of batter and filling used for each cup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• atpchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
atpchef
  • redmelissy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • AnnieBee