• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help With Two Very Different Fundraisers

In summary, Morning Chefers! Jaye is organizing two different fundraisers. The first is for a preschool and the goal is to raise $2000. The second is for a couple who are trying to raise money to adopt a baby and the goal is to raise $1000. The best incentive for the kids is a gift card. Jaye suggests having food prepared in advance and providing appetizers during the show.
kittychef
Morning Chefers!

I've bee approach to do two very different fundraisers. The first one is for a preschool. The director wants to do an actual kitchen show. She has rented out a place and invited about 100 people. She also wants to hand out packets to the students with about 10 orders forms and she wants to do a contest to see who can reach $100. Her goal is to raise about $2000. My question is, how would you go about doing a kitchen show with that many people and also what would be a good incentive for the kids to raise $100 each?

My other fundraiser is for a couple who are trying to raise money to adopt a baby. They have done other fundraisers before like selling popcorn and wrapping paper but they think a PC fundraiser would be better. They have about 10 other couples who said they would help. Again, how would you guys go about doing a fundraiser like that? I need some cute ideas:p

Thanks!!

For the preschool one. I would suggest having enough food prepared in advance -think CHEAP! Just provide one or two appetizer recipes.
The director can provide all the ingredients or have a local grocery store donate them (many will donate to fundraisers!) Then during the actual kitchen show, simply demonstrate how you made the appetizers.
A good incentive for kids is a gift card (different amounts for different levels) for Toys R Us, Build-a-Bear workshop, etc.

You could do a similar thing (rent out a space, do a big show, etc.) with the couple raising money for their baby.

Outside orders are key for either fundraiser. I've done several and the most successful ones are those that come in before the show with lots of orders.

For the couple, if they belong to a church you could prob. do the show in the fellowship hall for free or little cost to the couple. If they don't want to do a live show, have each of the couples hold a catalog show.

I usually offer some type of incentive for my fundraisers. For a preschool I offer a Toys-R-Us gift card to the top seller or top 3 sellers if it is a larger group. I usually put a few small kit friendly PC items in with it. (cut n' seal, my safe cutter). For older kids, I offer a class pizza party if they hit a certain amount in sales or class with largest in sales. I've also done baseball team fundraisers where I offered a gift card to the local sports store to the highest seller. The last medical fundraiser I didn't have an incentive, just that I matched the donation with 10% of sales. Giving them up to 25% back.

For food, people don't expect a meal. I would think about something that feeds a ton of people. Greek Cheese Torta comes to mind. You could put 1 together @ the show and have a few extras made a head of time. Or how about a skillet cake? You could have a couple made ahead of time or while the skillet cake is baking, show an alternate way to cook cake with the fluted stone in the microwave. If you cut them into small pieces you have lots to go around. Plus, keep in mind if she invited 100 you are prob. looking at 30 or so in attendance.

Good luck!

Jaye, I don't have a clue honestly, but I saw that it was you and had to speak to you girl.... Are you going to Atlanta???? Jamie

Hey Jamie! Heck yeah I'm going! Jason supposed to be deploying around that time so I'm going to need a break from all my boys! LOL! I missed ya at the back to business meeting. Are you going to Atlanta?Thank you all for your help! I'm REALLY excited for both fundraisers! Now do you guys usually give part of your commission?

Hey Jamie! Heck yeah I'm going! Jason supposed to be deploying around that time so I'm going to need a break from all my boys! LOL! I missed ya at the back to business meeting. Are you going to Atlanta?

Thank you all for your help! I'm REALLY excited for both fundraisers! Now do you guys usually give part of your commission?

Of course.....lol.... Be there with bells on girl.... I am riding with Sarah??? What about you?? Girl, I couldn't make it to the BTB meeting, I was having a time with my back... Went to the doc and all better now.... Thank gooodness.... See ya the 8th...

I'm doing a very large fundraiser for February that I had to put together 70 packets for. I used the attached as the order form - then I'll print them official receipts after I put the orders in P3.

In the packet I put:

1 catalog
3 order form sheets (they each have 4 spots for orders)
1 letter explaining the fundraiser
1 guest special sheet
1 recruiting promotion sheet

In the letter I explained that I will be donating my commission minus expenses, so they could earn up to 25%! Also, for every show booked and held before April 30, they'll get the $3 from PC and 10% of my commission.

I also offered a $50 gift card to the highest seller, with the stipulation that their sales alone have to be over $300.

Well, it won't let me attach it because it's an excel file...if you'd like it I'll be happy to email you a copy! Just shoot me a pm with your email!

To mountain mama, would love for you to send me the info you put in your packet for your fundraiser. My email is [email protected]. thank you

mountainmama74 said:
I'm doing a very large fundraiser for February that I had to put together 70 packets for. I used the attached as the order form - then I'll print them official receipts after I put the orders in P3.

In the packet I put:

1 catalog
3 order form sheets (they each have 4 spots for orders)
1 letter explaining the fundraiser
1 guest special sheet
1 recruiting promotion sheet

In the letter I explained that I will be donating my commission minus expenses, so they could earn up to 25%! Also, for every show booked and held before April 30, they'll get the $3 from PC and 10% of my commission.

I also offered a $50 gift card to the highest seller, with the stipulation that their sales alone have to be over $300.

Well, it won't let me attach it because it's an excel file...if you'd like it I'll be happy to email you a copy! Just shoot me a pm with your email!

would love to see your packet my email is [email protected] Thank you

When I do fundraisers with schools I set the individual goal at $200. Make sure you also include the guest special info in your packets. That helps get the sales up too. I suggest the organization provide a prize for top sellers and I provide a prize to the parent of the child who sells the most (they get the 60% off item that month for free). We all know that the parent does most of the work so I want to award them too. I don't add to the % unless the show reaches $1000 or more. So they get:

up to $600 in sales 10%
$600 - $1000 in sales 15%
over $1000 in sales 25%

For bookings I give the organization $25 for each booking after the show is held and it's at least $300 in sales. I point out that my average is over $600 and that the company average is $475 so that they realize that $300 is an easy goal.

I send home a flyer explaining the fundraiser and an invitation to the kick off and info on how to get/do on-line orders. We highly encourage guests and bringing outside orders. I provide the organization with 6 catalogs to share on a sign out basis before the kick off. At the show I allow them to keep the catalog and encourage them to get more outside orders in the next week or so with a firm deadline decided ahead of time. I ask if they think they'll get additional orders and ask how many order forms they need and if they need an extra catalog.

That saves on my upfront cost. I have found that only a % will participate and the rest of the catalogs will have been wasted.

I would love to see that packet also-trying to get some fundraisers going around here and I'm clueless ;)

1. What is the difference between a catalog fundraiser and a cooking show fundraiser?

A catalog fundraiser involves selling products through a catalog, with orders being placed and delivered at a later date. A cooking show fundraiser involves hosting a live cooking demonstration where guests can purchase products on the spot.

2. How do I decide which fundraiser is best for my group?

Consider the size of your group, the time frame you have to work with, and the fundraising goals you have in mind. A catalog fundraiser may be more suitable for larger groups with a longer time frame, while a cooking show fundraiser can be more effective for smaller groups with a shorter time frame.

3. Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to host a cooking show fundraiser?

No, anyone can host a cooking show fundraiser. You can work with a consultant to plan and execute the event, or you can become a consultant yourself if you are interested in earning commission on sales.

4. How much money can I expect to raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount you can raise depends on the size of your group, the products you choose to sell, and the effort put into promoting and selling. On average, groups can earn 15-25% of sales as profit.

5. Can I customize my fundraiser with specific products or themes?

Yes, you can work with a consultant to create a customized fundraiser that fits the needs and interests of your group. This can include featuring specific products or incorporating a specific theme into the cooking show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
Leanna
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies