• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help With Training in pp...

In summary, Lisa suggests that the new consultant should start with the basics and then show her how to do a show. She also suggests that the new consultant should not go into too many details at one sitting and that she should make sure that she is sitting at the computer and not the new consultant.
AJPratt
Silver Member
My recruit wants me to help her go over PP with her this week. What do you suggest I touch on?

I know one of the thing that fustrated me was getting the shipping address for the host for the show to be able to transmit. I filled out the host info but not the special shipping part on her order. It took me a day to figure that out. And when something needs to go in that day to meet an insentive that's not good. Oh and how to balance a show.

I say go over the basics to start with. Put in a "sample" show and show her how to do it. "Hands on" works best!!!!! :)

Definitely make her do it all herself. I did a fake Mickey Mouse show!:D Also, I just had trouble exporting and importing my e-mail addresses into customer connection so I called my recruiter and she thought that I was inputting everyones e-mail addresses into PP. Well, guess what? I'm not. So instead of having over 500 names, I have 80!:eek: I have a HUGE project ahead of me this week!:rolleyes:

So, thats my suggestion! Tell her to add all e-mail addresses into PP!:)

I agree on the "fake show". That is exactly what I do with my recruits. We put in orders for 4 or 5 guests and I get it to at least $300 so that they can see how to add on the host order with freebies and the 1/2 price. Also put in some guest bookings. That was hard thing for me to learn in the beginning. Dont forget closing out - all but "really" sending!

Hello,First time poster here. Have been lurking for quite some time and I love to see so much info being shared. I have a pp tutorial that I made up that I have shared with many pc consultants and they love it. It touches base on a lot of the main questions a new consultant may have.

I hope that I can attach it properly, I will try.

Flora

Attachments

• Pampered partner tutorial.doc
    73.5 KB · Views: 437
Please explain to your recruit about co-hosting a show. I think that was one of the things that tripped me up.

Also, explain the special codes for the monthly specials.

Lisa

Thanks for sharing that document! That's a great how to!

Thank you for all your AWESOME ideas~ keep 'em coming!

pmprdprettyinsnj: Thanks for that doc!!! Have I asked you where in NJ are you?

pmprdprettyinsnj said:
I have a pp tutorial that I made up that I have shared with many pc consultants and they love it. It touches base on a lot of the main questions a new consultant may have.

Flora

AWESOME !!!! Thanks for sharing this doc...

Just wondering if anyone has a newer version of this document since it was for Version 10.1. Or has anyone looked at it closely enough to tell me if it is still accurate.

Thanks!!

I looked accurate to me! It covers most things that are still the same, but I didn't go over it word for word. Thanks for this doc! It is perfect for my recruit in the remote villiage! I talked her through every part of entering and submitting a $1700 show! I was on the phone for almost 3 hours!!

3 hours! UGH! I just want to make sure my recruits have EVERYTHING they need to answer their own questions. I know they'll still call me and that's great too! But I remember wanting to know the answer to something at midnight when I couldn't call anyone.

I used it to meet & train my new consultant at Starbucks.

Write off Anne! I would love to meet with her, but that involves a small, creepy commuter plane!

Loving the write-offs! Weekend away--WRITEOFF! Met with a past host!

Shoot, I would love a Starbucks!!! But I have to drive at least an hour!

But thanks for letting me know it looks good!

Geez Debi, even I have a Starbucks within 20 mins, LOL!

Hey, they're just building malls over here! And the Wal Marts only carry German stuff! POOR ME! ;)

Tutorial: Just show her the basics and tell her to play with it. The fake show idea is good.

Don't go into too many details at one sitting. She will not remember it and it will overwhelm her.

Also, make sure SHE is sitting at the computer and not you. If I watch someone I have a lot more trouble remembering what was done then if I do it.

BethCooks4U said:
Don't go into too many details at one sitting. She will not remember it and it will overwhelm her.

Also, make sure SHE is sitting at the computer and not you. If I watch someone I have a lot more trouble remembering what was done then if I do it.
YES!!! TO BOTH OF THESE!! We just went through some very basic things. She played with it before we met and came with a list of questions. This guide was helpful. We added some fake orders and she was on her way!

Need Help With TrainingThanks so much for the flyer that was put together. For a person who doesn't understand computers well at all this really helps. Plus my son will be glad also because he helps me put ordres in.:)

Thank you very much.... I have added you to my buddy list. Thanks again.

I am just starting out.....

Omarakeen said:
Thank you very much.... I have added you to my buddy list. Thanks again.

I am just starting out.....
Long time, no see! Welcome back!

pmprdprettyinsnj said:
...I have a pp tutorial that I made up that I have shared with many pc consultants and they love it. It touches base on a lot of the main questions a new consultant may have.

Thank you, Flora for posting this. It has some great information in it.

I've been sitting on this document since it was originally posted, and am just sitting down to update it and tweak it a little bit...but before I did, I thought I would check to see if anyone else has already done this? If yes, would you mind posting, please?

If not, away I go...I'll post it when I'm done.

Thanks in advance...

re: pp tutorialHi Anne,

sorry I didnt see your post before. I am from southern NJ, cumberland county in the town of Delmont. Are you from NJ? If so where abouts?

As far as the document, I am still using it I have updated a little but not much if you do update it please post it so I can see what I was leaving out. I used it to train a person who had no clue how to use a computer and she calls it "her pc bible" she uses it still to refer to everytime she has a show and everytime she turns one in. Looking forward to seein the changes.

Flora:)

where I am fromHi Anne,

duh, I went and checked your profile. Hammonton is not far from me. I traveled through there when I used to go to my cluster meetings up off of 206 near the vincentown diner. Anyway some day maybe we could meet halfway and say hi and have a coffee or something.

Flora:D

Hi, Flora! My mailing address is Hammonton, but I am between Hammonton and Egg Harbor City. I would love to meet up sometime! Your name sounds familiar! I think I may have met someone who was a host for you at one point. You can always email me at [email protected].

BTW: I didn't update the file. I used it "as is". It was great!

I did make updates. Here is what I'm using.

Attachments

• Debi's Getting Started with Pampered Partner.pdf
    68.2 KB · Views: 342
Debi: That LOOKS GREAT!! Is there any way to convert it to word. I wouldn't be able to update it as a .pdf.

I posted the wrong one anyway!! Duh! That's the one from PC. THIS is the one I modifed/edited.

Attachments

• Debi's Pampered Partner Tutorial.doc
    81.5 KB · Views: 297
Question about thetutorial...

Ordered quest specials a month ahead of time for us consultants.

I tried entering one of the Dec cookbooks, and when I went to put a perrsonal order in, it came up with $.00 amount. Now, free is good for me, but does it really work that way??

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenik1007
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefann