• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help With Pampered Chef Sampling Open House

It's really hard to do demos at open houses because people are coming and going. I would suggest doing something like a kitchen show where people can try the recipes and see the tools.
bbauman07
Gold Member
:eek: I'm planning an open house for July. I was think of doing a PC sampling type of show with dips, beer breads, etc. How do I do a demo with a show like this? Do I skip the demo and just talk about some of the products and play games?

open houses
bbauman07 said:
:eek: I'm planning an open house for July. I was think of doing a PC sampling type of show with dips, beer breads, etc. How do I do a demo with a show like this? Do I skip the demo and just talk about some of the products and play games?

It's hard to do a "demo" at open houses because people are coming and going so I prepare the recipes ahead of time and have some of the tools out in stations where people can try them as they want. I answer questions about the recipes throughout the evening. I have prepared food and had people over and provided the opportunity for people to see/try the tools and in my mind that easily fits the description of a kitchen show!

Station IdeasI'm planning my first open house later this month (as I want one of those cute quick-stir pitchers!) Can you give me some ideas of the stations you have for people to try out products? I like this idea!

Thanks-
Nora

I would have something hands on your guests can do as soon as they come. If you are doing an open house where people come at different times, they need hands on. I'd do something like the tuxedo brownie bites and have them put the whip cream on the brownies and slice the tomatoes. You could do a cut 'n seal recipe as well. Anything that is quick and hands on.

I think an open house is hard if you have them wander in at different times. I would suggest making it just like a kitchen show instead of wander.

sample showsYou could maybe do a quick demo like one of the 10 minute cakes. Have you heard of tastefully simple shows? You could do something like they do with the samples you made. While your demo is cooking you could pass around the samples and have them try each one. Have them open up their catalogue to the pages with the samples so they can see them. My hostess at my last show made three of the PC dips and I sold a couple of sets of them. The ladies that bought the dips said they did because they were able to try them.

thank youthank you for the ideas. I am nervous about the open house but it is how I plan to "restart" my business after I have the twins.

Are you inactive now? Doesn't matter if you are or not, this is a great way to jump start your business NOW!

Ask everyone you know (go to the list of 100) to have a fundraiser catalog show for you (or kitchen if you feel up to it) BEFORE the twins are born. Everyone wants to know how they can help you, let them! Tell them you need them to have a catalog show. That will give you TONS of outside orders you can call to get shows after the twins are born.

Everyone wants to help a pregnant mom...especially with twins. They also like to help a great cause...we've got one! Let them help and get JUMP STARTED NOW!!

My IdeaI'm doing a Grand Opening Show at my 'other' job on the 19th. I put on the flyer that I am doing demos at 5:30, 6:15, etc... I am picking just a few SIMPLE recipes to demo and having "play stations" for the other items- the chopper, USG, apple peeler, etc. Would that work for you?

PamperedGinger said:
Are you inactive now? Doesn't matter if you are or not, this is a great way to jump start your business NOW!

Ask everyone you know (go to the list of 100) to have a fundraiser catalog show for you (or kitchen if you feel up to it) BEFORE the twins are born. Everyone wants to know how they can help you, let them! Tell them you need them to have a catalog show. That will give you TONS of outside orders you can call to get shows after the twins are born.

Everyone wants to help a pregnant mom...especially with twins. They also like to help a great cause...we've got one! Let them help and get JUMP STARTED NOW!!

Ginger,
I'm not inactive right now. I have 2 catalog shows this month and a show on the 18th but as of Wednesday I'm in pretrem labor (only 30 weeks) The Open house is how I'm planning to get back into PC after the twins are born which now could be any day. I was hoping to get catalog shows on my calendar for the month of June so that I hopefully don't have to put in for leave or become inactive.Thank you for the suggestion. I will give these a try.
you are all very helpful on this site.

Open House TipsBased on my experience, I would definitely suggest setting it up more like a party and not an open house. I wouldn't even call it an open house. I tried one of those and only two people showed. I would just suggest inviting everyone you know to your party. Have a specific time for it to start and do a demo. You could keep it really short and still set up stations for people to try things and lots of sample recipes. Then make sure you invite the people you want to come and follow up on whether they will be there. I think if people don't feel they have made any kind of commitment to be there, they will probably find something else to do.
If others have had success with an open house where people just show if they want to, let me know. But it has been my experience, they don't tend to work well.
Good Luck!

open houseI just started with PC (don't even havemy kit yet), and have been trying to come up with ideas...
My first one is for an Open House, I will call it an "All the Best" show or something to that effect..And have already prepared recipes from the All the Best cookbook with a list of the tools used printed up next to the dish, and offer a free cookbook to those who spend over a certain amount.

What is a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House?

A Pampered Chef Sampling Open House is an event where guests can try out different Pampered Chef products and learn more about the company and its products. It is usually hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant, and guests can also purchase products at the event.

Do I have to buy anything at a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House?

No, you are not required to purchase anything at a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House. The event is designed for guests to try out and learn about the products, but there is no pressure to buy anything.

Can I bring a friend to a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House?

Yes, you can absolutely bring a friend to a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House. The more the merrier! Just make sure to let the consultant know in advance so they can plan accordingly.

What can I expect at a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House?

At a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House, you can expect to try out various products, learn new recipes, and ask any questions you may have about the products or the company. There may also be special offers or promotions available at the event.

Do I need to RSVP for a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House?

It is always appreciated if you can RSVP for a Pampered Chef Sampling Open House so the consultant can plan accordingly, but it is not required. You are welcome to show up to the event even if you have not RSVPed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • racaotto