• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Microsoft Word? Need help?

In summary, the conversation is about someone struggling with using Microsoft Word to create and send emails with images and content. They are unsure of how to attach the document to the email and are experiencing errors when trying to send it through Outlook. Another person suggests using a simpler format for the email to avoid formatting issues and explains that Yahoo email accounts will not work with Outlook.
1234blessed
Ok, I will admit it from the start - I'm lost when it comes to computers & all that computer stuff, I just do the VERY basic stuff!:confused: I have Microsoft Office Word on my computer - I have tried to make stuff in Word & email it to my yahoo email to send to people, but it never sends from Outlook:( My question is can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Any insight would be appreciated!

Are you creating a Word document and trying to attach it to the email - or are you trying to put images and content from your Word doc directly in your email?

I'm trying to put images & content & then email. I would have absolutely no idea how to make an attachment, that's WAY over my head LOL!:blushing:

When you do that from Word, it goes into your drafts in Outlook, and you need to actually hit Send. It doesn't do it automatically for you. (I used to send my customer email using Word to do a mail merge so that each customer got their own copy of the message. It would put all 300+ messages into the outbox, and I would send them 10 at a time.)

If you have Outlook and Word both installed on your computer, you should have a little email button in your toolbar up where the print and save and open icons are. You can click on that, and it'll give you the space to put the email address, and you can send it directly from there.

One thing to know though: Word is a word processing program, and often times the formatting doesn't translate well when it crosses over into HTML (such as your yahoo email in the browser). If you make it very simple (a few lines of text, a picture on its own line, lather, rinse, repeat), it'll probably come through fine. But if you start putting in text boxes and such, it may come across jumbled.

Ok, I tried again just to see what the message says -

Outlook Send/Recieve Progress
Task yahoo mail - reporting error (0x80070057) Could not complete the operation One or more parameter values are not valid

Does this help to figure out the problem? Could I make something an attachment & then email, to make it easier?:confused::confused::confused:

If you are trying to use your Yahoo e-mail account to send out of Outlook, Yahoo e-mail accounts will not work with Outlook. You will need to use an e-mail account that is with your ISP with Outlook.

What are the basic features of Microsoft Word?

Microsoft Word is a word processing software that allows users to create, edit, and format text documents. Some of its basic features include spell check, font formatting, page layout options, and the ability to insert images and tables.

How can I save my Word document?

To save your document in Microsoft Word, click on the File tab and select Save or Save As. Choose the location where you want to save the document and give it a name. You can also set the file format to .docx or .doc for compatibility with other programs.

How do I insert page numbers in my document?

To insert page numbers in Microsoft Word, go to the Insert tab and click on Page Number. You can choose to insert page numbers at the top or bottom of the page, or in the header or footer. You can also customize the page numbering format and starting page number.

Can I collaborate on a document with others in Microsoft Word?

Yes, Microsoft Word has a collaboration feature that allows multiple users to work on a document at the same time. Simply click on the Share button and invite others to edit the document. You can also track changes and add comments for easier collaboration.

How do I recover an unsaved document in Microsoft Word?

If your Word document closes unexpectedly or if you forget to save it, you can try to recover it by clicking on the File tab and selecting Info. Under Manage Document, click on the Recover Unsaved Documents button. You can then choose from the list of unsaved documents and save it to your desired location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine
Replies