• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help With Italian Theme Party

region, and popular)...-spaghetti and meatballs-pizza-calzone-spring rolls-steak and potatoes-artichoke dip-brie and fruit salad-mini pizzas with different toppings-caprese mini sandwiches-strawberry amaretto pastries
melissainohio
I have a host that wants to do an Italian Food & Wine Party. My only issue is that I am having problems finding a good Italian dish recipe. The host's family and friends are from a rural area and will not like the "fancy" recipes that I have found (this is from the host, not me). Does anyone have any ideas on a main dish to make at the party?

Thanks

How about this one??

ITALIAN SAUSAGE SIDE-by-SIDE CALZONES F/W ‘05

½ cup chopped onion
1 pound hot turkey Italian sausage (about 4 links)
½ cup diced green bell pepper
½ cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 packages (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tablespoon Pantry Basil Oil or olive oil
¼ cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Remove and discard casings form sausage. Cook sausage and onion in Family (12-in) Skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Drain and set aside.

2. Dice bell pepper using Chef’s Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sausage mixture, bell pepper, olives, pizza sauce and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.

3. Lightly flour Rectangle Stone. Unroll one package of pizza crust across baking stone. Gently stretch dough into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to form two lengthwise rows, leaving a 2-inch separation between rows down center and a 1-inch border around outside edges. Using Large Scoop, scoop filling mixture evenly over both rows of cheese. Unroll second package of pizza crust and carefully place over first crust. Match edges of dough around edges; press to seal around edges and down center.

4. Using Pizza Cutter cut down center of dough to form two strips. Lightly spray dough with basil oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Grate Parmesan cheese over top of dough using Deluxe Cheese Grater.

5. Using Serrated Bread Knife, cut five 2-inch slits in top of each calzone to vent. Bake 22-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg. Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 470 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Or this one???

Italian Salad Pizza
Source: Pampered Chef
Pizza Crust
2 pkg. pizza crust mix
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 tsp. Pantry Italian Seasoning
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
Salad Toppings
5 C. romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 C. pitted black olives, sliced
1/2 C. red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 C. fat-free or lite Italian salad dressing
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Roll out dough to edge of Stone using slightly floured Dough & Pizza Roller. Press garlic over dough and spread evenly. Sprinkle dough with seasoning. Place on bottom oven rack and bake 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Place lettuce, tomato, olives, and red onion in 2-quart Batter Bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Remove crust from oven with Nonstick Cooling Rack. Immediately top with mozzarella cheese, then 1/2 the Parmesan cheese and salad mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cut with Pizza Cutter; serve warm.
HINT: You can add any additional toppings you like - mushrooms, radishes, pepperoni, etc.

Thanks Kristin! I will practice these tonight.

melissainohio said:
Thanks Kristin! I will practice these tonight.
I haven't done them but they do sound yummy!!!

what about a calzone? or braid? with pepperoni, cheese, etc?

I've heard from 2 of my hosts that the pizza w/ sald is very good.

what about the mini pesto pizza's. the bruchetta, and the pizza dip???

Do the Caprese mini sandwiches - not too fancy, and fantastic flavor!

Get some frozen meatballs and pop them in the microwave in a stone - like small round baker, with marinara sauce.

Do the Strawberry Amaretto pastries, or the artichoke appetizers in the mini muffin pan and you're good to go.

God Bless; take care!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Both of those are great. I personnally love the Italian Calzone. You can find it in the recipe search under past celebrations recipes. It is good and hearty. Serve some sliced tomatoes with mozzerella and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

What part of Italy does the family come from? That might give a better idea of 'plain vs fancy'.Many different styles of Italian cooking to choose from :)

I've had success with "An Evening in Tuscany" theme (you can do some, or all (if host does the dip and/or brie filling) of these recipes...it's cheap, easy, features our best products)...but the flavors may not be tame enough for your group:

Brie w/Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (pre-mix the spread; assemble brie at show to highlight stoneware and woven traditions; talk about how great and easy it is to have friends over and make them feel special)

Spinach-Artichoke Dip w/crackers or veggies (the filling from the braid recipe in ATB; you or host make ahead; highlights the cookbooks, New Traditions Stoneware, SA platter of choice OR stands w/SA bowls)

Garlic Bites (have cooking as guests arrive; highlights cookware)

I LET THE GUESTS EAT AND WATCH WHILE MAKING DESSERT (I joke that I'm holding the dessert hostage til I'm done)

Cappucinno(sp?) Mousse Trifle (recipe comes w/bowl; highlights Trifle Bowl, SS mixing bowl, ERMC, whisk, Mix n Scrap, EAD, off-set spatula, microplane, cutting board, forged cutlery, and prep bowls). I sometimes call this a Chocolate Cappuccinno(sp?) Mousse Trifle and make an extra show of the microlplane to grate chocolate and sometimes coffee beans on the top. You can also demo the SA small square by doing a sample presentation of a serving.

everyone i serve the quick chicken risotto to loves it!!!!! both for shows and in my personal life. it is really easy and you can make it even more simple by using less of the fancy ingredients and more of the everyday store bought ones like cream cheese. it's basically just rice, chicken, a few veggies, some lemons and cheese. SO YUMMY!!! and hearty and can feed a few people or a large crew!! pair with tirmamisu brownie squaures - also simple and delicious!!

Theme Show InviteI'm not sure if you want to use a flyer or if you use the postcards, but I thought would pass this along. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• CucinaItalianaInvitations.doc
    52 KB · Views: 424
Thanks everyone for your ideas and especially the flyer missyciccolella!

I would go with something easy, like a pizza-ish dish, there are alot of great ones listed above posted by others... If you wanted you could even make a Sangria Punch in the Quick Stir Pitcher! There is also a crispy cheese thing that you bake in the oven-- parmesan i think... is this called a crostini? I can't remember... but those are quick and easy, and make a great addition to this italian themed show! Have fun with it!!!! :eek:p

1. How can I create an authentic Italian atmosphere for my party?

To create an authentic Italian atmosphere, focus on incorporating traditional elements such as red and white checkered tablecloths, candles, and rustic decorations. Playing Italian music and serving traditional Italian dishes will also help set the mood.

2. What are some easy Italian dishes to make for a large group?

Some easy Italian dishes to make for a large group include pasta dishes such as spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, and baked ziti. Other options include Italian-style sandwiches, antipasto platters, and bruschetta.

3. How can I make sure I have enough food for all my guests?

To ensure you have enough food for your guests, plan on serving about 1 pound of pasta for every 4-6 guests. For appetizers, allow for about 4-6 pieces per person. It's always better to have more food than not enough, so consider making extra or asking guests to bring a dish to share.

4. What are some fun activities or games to incorporate into an Italian theme party?

Some fun activities or games to incorporate into an Italian theme party include a pasta-making station where guests can create their own pasta dishes, a wine tasting with Italian wines, or a bocce ball tournament. You could also have guests participate in a pizza-making contest or a traditional Italian dance lesson.

5. Can you provide some ideas for Italian-themed decorations?

Some ideas for Italian-themed decorations include using Italian flags, incorporating greenery and flowers, and displaying traditional Italian items such as wine bottles, cheese boards, and olive oil bottles. You could also use Italian phrases or quotes as wall art or incorporate the colors of the Italian flag throughout your decorations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dana_jni
  • towerbabel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
towerbabel
  • ChefPaulaB