• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Storing Homemade Desserts for the Holidays

Mini Muffin Pan Cookie KissesUse 1 package refrigerated section premade chocolate chip cookie dough and Hershey Kisses.Cut the dough into 9 circles and each circle into quarters.Place 1 quarter in each mini muffin cup and press down with floured mini tart shaper.Put Kiss in each and bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm making several small serving desserts for our Christmas' on Friday and Saturday. I want to start making them today through Wednesday. I've never done this before and have never been good on how to store things to make them last that long. Any suggestions on the following desserts of when I can make them and how to store them until Friday (fridge, freezer or counter)?

P Puffs (cream puffs can never remember the name)
Spritz Cookies
Oreo Truffles
Pretzels dipped in almond bark
Peppermint cookie bites (Lefty's recipe that he made from the cookie recipe)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Kisses (on CC, literally just bits of cookie dough in the MMP with kisses pushed in the top)
Corn Flake Wreaths

I feel like I'm missing one but my list is at home. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Those are all desserts that can be made ahead.

The Profiterole Puffs (;)) store very well in the freezer - just take them out 1/2 hour before serving them!

The rest can be stored on the counter...except the Oreo Truffles - I'd store those someplace cool.

What kind of containers do you have to work with? I usually use tupperware or metal tins. A year or so ago I bought a bunch of plastic decorative containers to store my cookies in. Ziplock bags work for some things. Others still dry out. I like to layer cookies in my tins with waxed paper. It just helps to keep them from sticking to each other, plus I swear it must help trap in the moisture and help keep things from drying out. Maybe I'm just imagining it, though. :)I would imagine that you can make the puffs ahead and bag them up and freeze them. The dipped pretzels would be fine made today and stored on your counter. They keep for a while. Are the oreo truffles the oreos dipped in chocolate? If so, they could be made today and be fine.I think I'd make the chocolate chip cookies and peppermint cookie bites on Wednesday. Tomorrow I'd do the corn flake wreaths. Store those on the counter. Definitely use waxed paper between layers...those can get sticky.The spritz cookies I think you could make tomorrow and they'd be okay. If you could wait till Wednesday, I would.I wonder what everyone else thinks? That's how I'd do it for me, though. But I'm not a certified expert. :D

You said you found the Chocolate Chip Cookie Kisses on CC...mind sharing where? I tried to search and couldn't find it. (pretty sure it's a no brainer, but would like to have bake time and temp)
TIA! My advice is to make the truffles and cream puffs first and freeze them. The pretzels will fine in a tupperware container til Fri. (and the spritz cookies really would be too...we have some from about a week ago that are still yummy!)

I was going to use ziploc containers but debated on if I should buy tins at Hobby Lobby while they were on sale.

I did a recipe search and searched for cookie dough. It brought up one I think was called Chocolate Chip Cookie Kisses or something like that. I can double check when I get home. Someone made them at our cluster meeting and they were the best things ever.

Thanks for all the advice.

Sort of a little bummed right now, we are expecting really bad weather at the end of this week! Not sure what to do now.

Here you go, these are a no-brainer but they are really good, as long as you don't over bake them!

Mini Muffin Pan Cookie Kisses

Use 1 package refrigerated section premade chocolate chip cookie dough and Hershey Kisses.

Cut the dough into 9 circles and each circle into quarters.

Place 1 quarter in each mini muffin cup and press down with floured mini tart shaper.

Put Kiss in each and bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.

ChefPaulaB said:
Here you go, these are a no-brainer but they are really good, as long as you don't over bake them!

Mini Muffin Pan Cookie Kisses

Use 1 package refrigerated section premade chocolate chip cookie dough and Hershey Kisses.

Cut the dough into 9 circles and each circle into quarters.

Place 1 quarter in each mini muffin cup and press down with floured mini tart shaper.

Put Kiss in each and bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.

Use the refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough, and put a Reeses PB cup in the middle of each one, for a really yummy variation! (If you buy the pre-shaped cookies, just cut them in half, and use a half piece for each muffin cup)

It says a 20 oz of cookie dough but they don't have that. They have 16 or 30. So I bought the 30 and will be making more.

By the way the weather has changed to a lot of rain so I'm now excited again!

Just made two batches of oreo truffles, two batches of cream puffs, dipped pretzels and cookie kisses. Round 2 tomorrow!

What are some quick and easy dessert recipes?

Some popular quick and easy dessert recipes include no-bake cheesecake, fruit crumbles, and chocolate chip cookies. You can find these recipes and more on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe books.

How can I make my desserts look more professional?

To make your desserts look more professional, try using a piping bag and tips to decorate cakes and cupcakes, or use a melon baller to create uniform scoops of ice cream. You can also add garnishes like fresh fruit or edible flowers for an elegant touch.

What tools do I need to make a perfect pie crust?

To make a perfect pie crust, you will need a pastry blender, rolling pin, and pie dish. Pampered Chef also offers a pie crust shield to prevent the edges of your crust from burning.

Can I make desserts in the microwave?

Yes, you can make desserts in the microwave. Our Microwave Desserts Cookbook features recipes for mug cakes, brownies, and more. Just make sure to use microwave-safe dishes and follow the instructions carefully for best results.

How can I make healthier desserts?

To make healthier desserts, try swapping out ingredients like sugar and butter for alternatives like honey, applesauce, or avocado. You can also use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour and add in extra fruits or vegetables for added nutrition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
annew
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cindylpal
Replies