• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Bread Tube Issues: Tips for Perfectly Rising Homemade Bread

In summary, if you are having trouble with your bread not rising in the tube, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure your yeast is fresh and proof it before adding it to the dough. Then, let the dough rise in a warm place before putting it in the tube. Also, be sure to follow the directions for filling the tube correctly. Hopefully these tips will help you achieve perfect bread from your bread tubes!
mary k
Silver Member
Can you tell me what I can tell this customer on what it is she is doing wrong on her bread tubes. This is the problem she is making bread from scratch and using good yeast but the bread is not rising in the tube and comes out horrible.
I never used the tubes so I can't tell her right from wrong.
She has followed the directions but still not working.:)

I am not sure why it is not rising but one thing I did was put the tube in a small oval baker for stability - It baked much nicer than the ones I put on a metal pan - I was just using french bread dough

don't know...I have made bread in them from scratch and it turned out fine. I had to let the dough rise before I put it in the tubes, maybe that's her issue? My recipe calls for mixing and kneading, then about 30 minute rise, then bake it...

Bread tubesI'm going to tell her to let it rise before putting it into the bread tube and see if that will help.
Any other advise is still welcome.:)

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your bread isn't turning out as expected. It can definitely be frustrating when you follow all the directions and still don't get the desired result. From my experience with bread tubes, there are a few things that could potentially be causing the issue. First, make sure that the yeast you are using is fresh and not expired. Sometimes old yeast can lead to flat bread. Also, be sure to proof the yeast before adding it to the dough. This ensures that the yeast is active and will help the bread rise. Another thing to consider is the temperature of the dough. If the dough is too cold, it may not rise properly. You can try letting the dough rise in a warm place, like near a window or on top of the stove. Lastly, make sure to follow the directions for filling the bread tube correctly. If the dough is too compacted or not evenly distributed, it may not rise properly. I hope these tips help and that your next batch of bread turns out beautifully! Happy baking!

1. How do I clean my bread tube?

Cleaning your bread tube is easy! Simply soak it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes and then use a cleaning brush to scrub away any residue. Rinse thoroughly and let it air dry before storing.

2. Can I use my bread tube in the oven?

Yes, our bread tubes are oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 425°F. Just make sure to grease the inside of the tube before baking to prevent sticking.

3. What types of bread can I make in my bread tube?

Our bread tube is versatile and can be used to make a variety of breads, including yeast breads, quick breads, and even cakes. Experiment with different recipes to find your favorites!

4. How do I prevent my bread from sticking to the tube?

To prevent your bread from sticking, make sure to thoroughly grease the inside of the tube before adding your dough. You can use cooking spray, butter, or oil for this. You can also try dusting the inside of the tube with flour before adding the dough.

5. Is the bread tube dishwasher safe?

We recommend hand washing your bread tube to ensure it stays in good condition. However, some of our bread tubes are top-rack dishwasher safe. Check the product description or packaging for specific care instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GEScott
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CathyP
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
CathyP
  • pamperedmomto3